Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #1456
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Next someone will suggest the president of sx take points from the top 10 and redistribute them to make racing fair.
Or get a "free pass" to the front,or what ever that dumb ass rule is in Nascar. Racing should be racing,if your fast with good racecraft then you might win. Id love to see Tomac win this weekend!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #1457
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Thanks GOD it is not baseball. Part of any racing series includes wild cards that my show up, fast locals, older riders trying to make a come back, etc.

If you can qualify for the show, you are in. There aren't any rules stating a competitor must ride every round, so all arguments against Tomac are null and void.

Yup.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #1458
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Who's going to win Atlanta?

My picks

1. Stewart
2. Dungey
3. Villipoto
4. Millsaps
5. Reed
6. Carnard
7. Barica

Not the order I'm rooting for, but my guys just aren't making it happen this year.

Opps, after all the rule changes I forgot about Tomac in my picks so new picks:

1. Tomac
2. Stewart
3. Dungey
4. Villipoto
5. Millsaps
6. Reed
7. Carnard
8. Barica

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #1459
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Better pull up your panties and get on the gas if you want to be on that top step.
maybe you should fun down to Atlanta and tell that to Reed and Stewart personally.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #1460
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Having Eli in the 450's will be a show,Supercross is a show and he will put butts in seats.
do you really think people who weren't planning on attending Atlanata to see what is shaping up to be the best 450 series in years will now buy a ticket because Eli Tomac will be riding a 450?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #1461
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
But regular 450 riders get injured and miss rounds every single weekend. Can't we just say he is filling one of those spots? And actually, Tomac is supposed to ride Windhams bike, which IS a bike that was in for the beginning of the season!
the Nascar concept of the car/team being the entry doesn't make sense in SX. SX should be about the rider.Windham has retired so "filling his spot" again, doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no spot to fill he is out of the sport (per him).
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1462
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
If an injured rider becomes fully healthy mid season is he not allowed to race in your scenario since he has no chance at the title?
If he had a significant points total indicating he was a contender after a reasonable mount of races and is then injured, allowing him to switch class doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the sport to me. significant and reasonable would have to be defined.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #1463
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Not one of those riders is looking beside or behind them from about 3 to 5 minutes before that cute girl turns that sign sideways.
thats not the point. the fact that Tomac will suddenly be lining up on a 450 and can potentially have an outcome on the series final standings and champion after there are already 7 of 16 races in the books is.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #1464
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Flug, I dig your pictures and insight into moto and super X but on this one I have to agree to disagree
thanks and fair enough. I can see the other side of the argument. but for people to be comparing Dowd riding a few select 450 Nationals to what Tomac is doing is a stretch to put it nicely. some people don't agree with my stance and not being bright enough to state their own we're seeing some pretty lame counterpoints. my posts are the result of someone asking what they thought about the current issue of Tomac riding the 450. unlike other people who the majority of their posts are their opinions on someone elses. god forbid they formulated an independent opinion on the subjects on a regular basis.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #1465
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
maybe you should fun down to Atlanta and tell that to Reed and Stewart personally.
Theres no need for anyone to tell them that. If coming in 2nd or further back doesn't make them pick up the pace than they are either not capable of a 1st or don't want it bad enough. If they can't beat a lites racer then why are they in the 450 class?
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1466
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,204
I doubt any of the top riders would complain about Tomac entering the 450 class(except those that are on the bubble to make the main.)
That's what racers do.
Race.

As far as Asterisk medical team by being there eliminates having a rider go to the closest ER room for x-rays and concussion evaluation.
Yes, Zach Bell was tested,and passed those tests twice last Saturday.
They have put a enormous effort to be there for the sport a d I'm sure all the racers have total confidence in them.

Did you tell them what "hacks" you think they are when at Dallas?

Some of your statements are so "out there" you have to wonder if you're really just trolling most of the times.

I used to enjoy discussing racing on this thread but lately it's always some off the wall topic that gets the most noise.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #1467
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I see Flug's point.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #1468
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
thanks and fair enough. I can see the other side of the argument. but for people to be comparing Dowd riding a few select 450 Nationals to what Tomac is doing is a stretch to put it nicely. some people don't agree with my stance and not being bright enough to state their own we're seeing some pretty lame counterpoints. my posts are the result of someone asking what they thought about the current issue of Tomac riding the 450. unlike other people who the majority of their posts are their opinions on someone elses. god forbid they formulated an independent opinion on the subjects on a regular basis.
Quite the contrary, I never agree to disagree. Not my fault others just aren't savvy enough to see things properly.

All you have done is to promote a potentially severe restriction on racing, there is absolutely no difference in singling out one (any) rider over another and making arbitrary rules on who can enter a race and who can not be allowed for some trumped up illogical excuse.
This is why we as spectators often want to put an * beside some race/series winners.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #1469
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post

Some of your statements are so "out there" you have to wonder if you're really just trolling most of the times.
Assuming you are referring to 'flug I'll just say I agree he does do some trolling but the current 'Ban Tomac' thread I don't believe is a troll, he is expressing his honest opinion in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
I used to enjoy discussing racing on this thread but lately it's always some off the wall topic that gets the most noise.
Sometimes true but in the case of who is eligible to enter a race and who isn't I think is a serious topic. Arena Cross is implementing some strange Nascrap type rules this year, I think testing the water to see if they can push some of them off on SX. Don't think they are limiting entries but other things....

Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #1470
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
All you have done is to promote a potentially severe restriction on racing, there is absolutely no difference in singling out one (any) rider over another and making arbitrary rules on who can enter a race and who can not be allowed for some trumped up illogical excuse.
I never said to single anyone out, Tomac by his move to the 450's comes under the spotlight and becomes the point of debate. the series is supposedly set up as a "junior series" (Lites) to allow "beginner" pro's the chance to ride on the big stage without taxing their resources to much by making them try to get to all 16 events. They further define the "beginner" status by booting anyone who wins it twice (I believe that is how it works) so in effect, Tomac is somewhat cherry picking at this point by being in the Lites class while being capable of competing on the 450 (he is). My position is not to single anyone out if it were up to me to make it "fair" if you ride Lites east or west, you cannot ride the 450's. that way you're not singling anyone out. by creating the current Lites format they have created a double edged sword that has conflicting implications. There will be no more 7 time 250 champions you can't do it it's not allowed. But at the same time if that is the case dominant Lites riders maybe really shouldn't be there anyway. They really screwed the pooch by minimizing the 250's and eliminating the 125's.