ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #6016
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
BroncoDave's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Tobyhanna, PA
Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDaksi View Post
I think I could easily keep trailer + kayak weight well under 200lbs. Thanks for the links and info. I've spent some time head-scratchin' about ways to put a hitch on the FT500. I've got nothing...
You need a bigger boat ah bike hint
For my wife ;)
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #6017
BlueDaksi
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTrainer View Post
Hello All:
I thought that I had previously posted to your thread, but I cannot find any record of it, so I will make another attempt.
I live near Geneseo & ride with a group of ex-racers on both street & dual sport bikes. We usually meet for breakfast, but after that we don't stop often (Except for fuel) until we are home.
My GF is just learning to ride on a TW200, so I may be looking to hook up with, how should I put this, a less intense group of riders.
If you are accepting new members into the fold, it would be great to meet some new riders.
We both love pie!
As Spring approaches, I will be checking the thread,
Paul
I'm a noob to this group too, and live in Livonia. Less intense? You ought to see how hardcore they are when it comes to the topic of eating pie!
__________________
I don't do it slow and I don't do it fast, I do it HALF-FAST!

-1982 Honda FT500 Ascot
BlueDaksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #6018
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley
 
madeouttaglass's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Smithereens- or what's left of it in NY
Oddometer: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDaksi View Post
I think I could easily keep trailer + kayak weight well under 200lbs. Thanks for the links and info. I've spent some time head-scratchin' about ways to put a hitch on the FT500. I've got nothing...
How about on the side? I wish I knew how to copy and paste a picture from the internet. There are plenty of guys hauling kayaks and small canoes on a sidecar frame or even upsidedown on the tub. Don't laugh. I laughed at sidecars until I tried one. Something like my 2WD Ural could get that kayak back to remote places.
__________________
Our ride across the USA on a Ural Gear Up- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #6019
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley
 
madeouttaglass's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Smithereens- or what's left of it in NY
Oddometer: 3,102
NYTrainer- I ride with 2- 3 Tdubs in our group here by the Cumming Nature center. We usually find ourselves riding south of here. I'm considering one myself.
__________________
Our ride across the USA on a Ural Gear Up- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #6020
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged
 
Mark_O's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 14,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDaksi View Post
I'm a noob to this group too, and live in Livonia. Less intense? You ought to see how hardcore they are when it comes to the topic of eating pie!
What makes you say that?










__________________
Sarcasm, just one more free service I provide.
Mark_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #6021
Spoke
feral teen
 
Spoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 774
I can't hold back, I gota tell somebody. I just got off my first ride of my new to me 2007 KTM 950 SMR...WOW. I just took it down to Ithaca and back and this thing is an animal. Easily lifts the front is any of the first three and that is short shifting it. My ZX10R is stupid fast but the 950 puts the power to the ground with a feeling I've never felt before. The mid range hit is wild. WOW.

OK, back to the PIE.
__________________
Rich


It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #6022
David R
I been called a Nut Job..
 
David R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: In Da Swamps of WNY
Oddometer: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
I can't hold back, I gota tell somebody. I just got off my first ride of my new to me 2007 KTM 950 SMR...WOW. I just took it down to Ithaca and back and this thing is an animal. Easily lifts the front is any of the first three and that is short shifting it. My ZX10R is stupid fast but the 950 puts the power to the ground with a feeling I've never felt before. The mid range hit is wild. WOW.

OK, back to the PIE.
I had a little supermoto. BE CAREFUL The attitude comes with the bike. Next thing ya know the local cops were following me around... Every day. I had a total blast on that bike, but sold it before I ended up in the back of an ambulance or cop car.

I can just see it now,.

COP: Do you know why I pulled you over?

ME: Having too much fun?

Wheelies on private land or when I thought no one was looking, Cutting across medians, sidewalks, through parking lots and alleys. BLASTING through construction.

Two low sides on that bike, one right an one on the left. I found out what a hemotoma (sound it out I can't speel) is.

Traded it for my Versys.

Have fun, keep safe
David
__________________
2012 R1200R ! 2000 R1100RT (retired), 1976 R75/6, 11 Versys
There is a seat for everyone.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #6023
Spoke
feral teen
 
Spoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 774
Ya this has lots of potential trouble written all over it. Actually the trouble has already started considering it is not inspected or licensed yet I just through the gz250 license on it for the ride. I've put it back in my living room until it is legally ready to ride.
__________________
Rich


It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #6024
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic
 
PFFOG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
Oddometer: 2,019
Sweet ride! A couple years ago I went o a KTM track "demo" day at Mid-Ohio Racetrack. They had a ton of RC8 and RC8R's on the line, and off in the corner a couple of super Dukes and SMR's. I did a couple sessions on the RC8's than got on a Super Duke for a session, had a ball. I then grabbed the 990 SMR and was impressed, I was by far faster on it, than on the RC8R! I could pick lines with ease, pass others inside and out and kept great exit speeds so others could not power past me in the straights.

Others must have seen my smile riding it, as the sign up sheet got full and I had to go back to the multitude of RC8's, even with the "race" pedigree, and larger more powerful motor, I was slower on them. If they got better fuel mileage, I would have considered the SMRT, but now a F800GS is sitting in the barn, waiting for spring, it will probably not happen.
__________________
Tuscany 2010
Maritime Alps and Vosges

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #6025
Spoke
feral teen
 
Spoke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Oddometer: 774
Ya it looks like I will get about 100 miles out of a tank full. I'm thinking this will be more of a hooligan bike to ride to work, lunch, loops around lake, runs up 327 and outings near ithaca. I am going to need some time on this to get the feel of it, as the big 1200 GS has been my primary bike for a couple of years now and this ain't no GS! I still can't believe the mid-range torque hit of this thing...like nothing I've ever felt.
__________________
Rich


It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #6026
David R
I been called a Nut Job..
 
David R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: In Da Swamps of WNY
Oddometer: 2,386
I used to hang out here at supermotojunkie.com
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/forum.php?

Check out their tag games!

My bike held 1.5 gals gas, Got 50 mpg, so fill up 75 miles. It got 60 mpg before I bored it out and added a big azz pumper carburetor. 300 lbs of bike, 11" suspension travel and street tires. I didn't even have to let off the throttle on city corners, just drop the bike and go. Lots more confidence in the twisties than my other bikes.

Enjoy and be safe

Winter is getting to me. New BMW R1200R sitting in the garage calling my name.

David
__________________
2012 R1200R ! 2000 R1100RT (retired), 1976 R75/6, 11 Versys
There is a seat for everyone.
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #6027
withiam
Philogynist
 
withiam's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Fanger Lakes, NY
Oddometer: 247
WinterCycle Therapy at the Curtiss Museum Feb 23-24 (Hammondsport, NY)

Don't flame me if this has been previously posted but there is an event this weekend at the Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY. Looks like a great way to help endure the rest of winter.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/3554288644.html

WinterCycle Therapy over 100 old and odd motorcycles on display at the Curtiss museum in addition to the museum's great motorcycle collection. Admission discount group rate only $6!! Motorcycle exhibitors admitted free!! Saturday and Sunday February 23rd and 24th 10AM to 4PM. Call NOW to DISPLAY YOUR BIKE! 120 spots to fill - Call Bob at 585 610 8721.

Announcing Jody Perewitz will be at the show with her land speed record winning 200+mph motorcyle! See photo!

Motorcycle Raffle only $5 a ticket! Win an unrestored running 1964 BSA C15 250cc. Also 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes, Movies showing in the theater, Chili and more, T-shirts, Bumper Stickers.

More info at Odd Ball Old Dog Cycles - www.oddballolddog.net
Curtiss Museum - www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org
withiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 AM   #6028
BlueDaksi
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by withiam View Post
Don't flame me if this has been previously posted but there is an event this weekend at the Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY. Looks like a great way to help endure the rest of winter.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/3554288644.html

WinterCycle Therapy over 100 old and odd motorcycles on display at the Curtiss museum in addition to the museum's great motorcycle collection. Admission discount group rate only $6!! Motorcycle exhibitors admitted free!! Saturday and Sunday February 23rd and 24th 10AM to 4PM. Call NOW to DISPLAY YOUR BIKE! 120 spots to fill - Call Bob at 585 610 8721.

Announcing Jody Perewitz will be at the show with her land speed record winning 200+mph motorcyle! See photo!

Motorcycle Raffle only $5 a ticket! Win an unrestored running 1964 BSA C15 250cc. Also 50/50 Raffle, Door Prizes, Movies showing in the theater, Chili and more, T-shirts, Bumper Stickers.

More info at Odd Ball Old Dog Cycles - www.oddballolddog.net
Curtiss Museum - www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org
I'm probably going to run over to this tomorrow morning.
__________________
I don't do it slow and I don't do it fast, I do it HALF-FAST!

-1982 Honda FT500 Ascot
BlueDaksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #6029
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged
 
Mark_O's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 14,577
I'm thinking about running over there today with my grandson.
__________________
Sarcasm, just one more free service I provide.
Mark_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #6030
scootac
Just a Traveler
 
scootac's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O View Post
I'm thinking about running over there today with my grandson.
Better take the car.
No way you can RUN that far!
__________________
The world is a book, those who don't travel, read but a single page

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014