ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
riderjohn OP
Tag Sniper

Oddometer: 1,417
Colorado to Sacramento late April.

Hi all,I am planning a trip to Sacramento,CA.I will be leaving Colorado on April 29th and plan to arrive on the 30th.I will be coming across Nevada on HWY 50 and connecting to I-80 before Reno and then into CA.I need to know what the weather will be like at that time of year.I'm going to just blast out there and visit with my dtr but I will take an extra day to get back and would be interested in any must see places along my route.I will go back on I-80 so I can go by the Bonneville Salt Flats.Thanks.
riderjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
BRUTSQD
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 237
Hey John, the weather can be pretty damn brisk and more importantly, you still have the colorado unpredictable weather until you get a ways into Utah. Definaitely keep an eye on your forecasts before you go as it would be pretty wet. Hwy 50 is a great drive, a good half way point to get a room is Austin Nv. SMall little town with one decent bar that has a decent beer selection. If you're riding dual sport, I would highly recomend going a ways past the gas station up into the hills above the salt flats, the trails are sandy but you can take your bike to the top of the mountains. The view looking down on the salt flats will blow your mind.
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
riderjohn OP
Tag Sniper

Oddometer: 1,417
Thanks.The weather is my main concern but I have all the right gear so I should be okay.I'll be riding the Venture so no off roading this trip.
riderjohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Weather

By that time of year the weather in NV and Cali should be fine. Probably reach a high of 70 with crisp morning. Rain is rare that time of year and snow across the summit on hwy 80 is also rare. If you have time once you get here there is some good riding in our foothills.
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote