ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
On a side note how early in the season do Elk Mountain Rd, Wooden Shoe Rd open/become viable?

Is Easter too early?
Not sure what it is about parts of that entire dirt road from Dugout Ranch off of hwy 211 (Canyonlands Needles) all the way over to Elk Ridge down to Natural Bridges. It has some of the worst mud sections I've seen in that whole area when there's a little snow or rain. I think the deepest ruts caused by 4X4's I've ever seen have been on that stretch. Even after they've dried out, many of them are like concrete curbs for miles sometimes. I've driven in and around mountains a lot after a rain, but I think that area has the worst dirt and mud I've encountered. Even mid-May can suck at times depending on conditions. When dry and without those dried concrete ruts, it's a fast superhighway. I met Cross-country head-on on a stretch of that road a couple of years ago, and I bet we were closing on each other at about 90-100 mph.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote