User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #16
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
QC tire law.

Considering we can start riding in another 29 days or so not much demand I would think. Even if I could ride my Ural I don't think I would want to expose it to the insane amount of salt on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
reviving an old thread because I am bored and tired of big gov't and the growing truth of the fears of the tinfoil hat crowd who wave the books Animal Farm and 1984 around. Anyone figure out a tire solution or are people just rolling with the 7 day trip tickets if they get a nice day? Few comments on the issue and effect on motorcyclist lately so maybe it isn't such a big deal as first thought.

QC being anti bike, would it be possible to incorporated a company or co-op in another more reasonable prov and have that company set up to rent out motorbikes. Shareholders invest by selling/contributing their plated bikes to the company and in turn rent their formerly QC register bikes back with a plate, insurance and registration in another prov?

Maybe a bad idea or good one, I don't know.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWhee View Post
I was almost pulled over, in early March about 3 days before the end of the black out period. The SQ cruiser pulled a U turn, lit me up, I pulled over, they pulled in behind me, As soon as they realized I had ON plates I got a stern look as they drove off, never even bothering to get out of their car.

If you're a Quebec residents you can get a 7 day exemption, 4 times a year.
Yep that sounds like the overloard's goon squad! Be careful answering questions in reference to the exemption, because if they find out you are not going out of province... You must pay the overloard's fine!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
reviving an old thread because I am bored and tired of big gov't and the growing truth of the fears of the tinfoil hat crowd who wave the books Animal Farm and 1984 around. Anyone figure out a tire solution or are people just rolling with the 7 day trip tickets if they get a nice day? Few comments on the issue and effect on motorcyclist lately so maybe it isn't such a big deal as first thought.

QC being anti bike, would it be possible to incorporated a company or co-op in another more reasonable prov and have that company set up to rent out motorbikes. Shareholders invest by selling/contributing their plated bikes to the company and in turn rent their formerly QC register bikes back with a plate, insurance and registration in another prov?

Maybe a bad idea or good one, I don't know.
Probably a better idea in Montana though, On a trip this summer a guy told me they pay 10.00 for lifetime registration on a bike. In Quebec the overloard wants $650 for 6 months of riding or close to $1400 if you chose to ride a sport bike. Double that for the year!

It would probably be easier with a mailing adresse. What does it cost in Ontario and the other provinces.

Quebec only did this because a few kids on sport bikes were poping wheelies in and around Montreal then ran from the SQ and the overpriced fines. The Overloard responded by crushing the industry, crushing small shops and putting good people out of work. You still see it happen so the plan did not work!

Nothing can be done except pay through the nose, because bikers in Quebec don't stick together! I would love to see the response to something like that somewhere in the states.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
Who wants to be in PQ anyway ?

The place has a bunch of people who pretend they cannot speak
English and can be horribly rude to visitors.

The weather sucks for much of the year.

Why live there or even go there ? Life is too short to subject yourself to stuff like this
when you have alternative choices. And there are ALWAYS alternative choices in life.

It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,216
I like Quebec, love the culture and have always had a good time there. Sure you run into the occasional asshat but you can get that anywhere. Working on speaking French, used to have a better grasp but now I'm on par with a 2yr old. A lot of my family is in Quebec so I have some motivation.

edit: Forgot, motoriley, like you vids funny as hell. AP seems like a good riding crew and reminds me of some of the guys I used to ride with out east.
CanadianX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post

Why live there or even go there ? Life is too short to subject yourself to stuff like this
when you have alternative choices. And there are ALWAYS alternative choices in life.

Yes some people are rude to visitors and fake the no speaka d'a englitch...

The weather...depends what you compear it to, just as good as anywhere in Canada

Why live or go there? That's easy! The french Quebecoise wemen... The best in the world! Theses girls make you feel like a man all nigth long, every night!

I married one, best move ever, she's even my avitar!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #22
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post

Stop Trolling and just go away will ya, fuckstick ?

Interested in attending the HU Maritimes 2014 Meeting? Click HERE!
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
Vikingtazz
Will ride for food.

Oddometer: 180
Heidenau makes winter motorcycle tires.
I recall hearing that they are available from Pete's Superbike in Montreal.

The Quebec winter tire regulation will be changed next season; all winter tires need to have that little mountain/snowflake symbol or else they do no meet criteria.

"Real" winter tires are made of a rubber compound that performs best under 6 degrees celcius.
What most people don't realize is that above this temperature the tires performance declines greatly, and they're unsafe (way too soft) at summer temps.
A lot of Quebecers run winter tires all year round.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709349
Vikingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
Heidenau not legal

Even before the special snowflake emblem takes effect Quebec had very specific wording as to what constitutes a winter a tire. Last year when I checked the Heidenaus didn't have the correct markings to be legal. M+S is not a legal mark even now. Looked into it last winter and even had a guy from the Regie involved in making the rules contact me. So far no legal tires that I could source. The one grey area is the use of studs.

From the gov site.

What is the definition of winter tires?

Tires on which one of the following inscriptions appear: Alaska, Arctic, A/T or AT, AT/S, AT-S , Blizzard, Cresta, Ice, INSA T1, INSA T2, INSA TT770, LT, Nordic, Snow (but not mud and snow), Stud, Studdable, Studded, Studless, TS, Ultra grip , Ultratraction or Winter, or the icon representing a mountain with a superimposed snowflake.

Or

Tires that are equipped with studs and used in accordance with the Regulation respecting the use of non-skid devices on the tires of certain road vehicles.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,294
Fuck 'em!
skysailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 553
I don't understand why people complain about the registration fees in Quebec. Yeah the plate is expensive because it carries insurance. My plate is about $500 per year compared to about $50 in Ontario. However my insurance premium is only $200 compared to the $900 I paid in Ontario. So I am actually paying less than I was in Ontario. Sportbikes? Yeah some morons are paying north of 5 grand a year for insurance in Ontario.

As for the tire regulation, I don't have an issue when the state is taking control of skyrocketing insurance premiums and frankly, I am tired of seeing fucktards upside down in the ditch while driving 50 over the limit in a snowstorm sportin a set of bald all seasons. Happens whenever it snows on the 401. Their stupidity costs everyone. So yes, it is legislating to the lowest common denominator but that is not something limited to only Quebec. It IS unfortunately, the Canadian way.

I recently read a series of articles where riders from Ontario were bitching about bikes being excluded from HOV lanes. They actually lobbied the government claiming that a bike is always at a minimum 50% capacity so should automatically qualify for HOV lane privileges. This was quickly dismissed, no doubt because every Porsche and Pick up owner would claim the same.

My point is, not everything in life seems fair. Suck it up and wear a helmet.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #27
skysailor
Rat Rider

A note to our Quebec neighbours.
I just got back for a trip to Mexico. A vacation. No bike. Just a week to kick back and relax with my wife and daughter.
For the last couple of years, I've done the same thing in Cuba.
I've noticed something I find disturbing.

When folks from Quebec visit these places, they are COMPLETE ASS HOLES!!!

Now, I've spent quite a bit of time in Quebec. You are pretty nice folks.

So what gives when you travel? The people of Cuba and Mexico speak SPANISH! Surely you know that? I've seen French Canadians be so fucking IGNORANT to waiters, cab drivers, and hotel staff, simply because they don't speak FRENCH??? News flash......they DO for the most part speak English. For the most part, so do YOU! So, why not cut them a break? If you don't speak THEIR language......at least try and be polite to them....or you could use English?

Dont take MY word for this. Ask ANY Cuban or Mexican cab driver who they like to deal with LEAST.......they'll always say French Canadians! Every time.

In Mexico the tourists are Canadian, American and European......pretty much all of whom speak English or Spanish. In Cuba, they are Canadian or European. Same story.

Knock it off!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #28
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
I just got back for a trip to Mexico. A vacation. No bike. Just a week to kick back and relax with my wife and daughter.

So what gives when you travel? The people of Cuba and Mexico speak SPANISH! Surely you know that? I've seen French Canadians be so fucking IGNORANT to waiters, cab drivers, and hotel staff, simply because they don't speak FRENCH??? News flash......they DO for the most part speak English. For the most part, so do YOU! So, why not cut them a break? If you don't speak THEIR language......at least try and be polite to them....or you could use English?

Dont take MY word for this. Ask ANY Cuban or Mexican cab driver who they like to deal with LEAST.......they'll always say French Canadians! Every time.

In Mexico the tourists are Canadian, American and European......pretty much all of whom speak English or Spanish. In Cuba, they are Canadian or European. Same story.

Knock it off!
Do they have winter motorcycle tires in Mexico?
CanadianX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #29
skysailor
Rat Rider

At least their business signs can be in the language if the owner's choice. No Language Police.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
Attico OP
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,720
Knock knock

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post

Knock it off!