ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #181
Wudscrasher
Stand-Up Philosopher

Oddometer: 3,997
There was mud on the B+ Loop on Calamity?

Couldn't resist. I swept that part on a DR350 with a trials rear, but normally ride all the A on a KDX with NCTR. Honestly, I can't recall the mud-holes, but should have taken way more pics riding sweep. I have about an hour of GoPro of 730/735/106 road as we swept, will take me a bit to process it all. Surprised no one mentioned the BIG mudbog at the end of the Owl Mtn B Loop! That one is good fun.

Side note to Hellsickle: do you have registration info for this year compared to last? Would be nice to know how many registered this year as to last. Awesome to read we had folks from CA, the southeast, Midwest...a cancer survivor (loved to see you with a big smile, Craig!) It was awesome to meet a bunch of y'all! Rally the coyote slept for about 36 hours after we got home Sunday night! Thanks for letting her exhaustingly welcome you ;)
'94 DR 350SER
Wudscrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #182
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,286
thru the blur and haze I vaguely remember the muddy section followed by some decent rocky climbs if I recall.

Checked my footage and I wasn't recording then. Got the A loop single track just before and the wide meandering B+ single track just after. Followed by the forest service roads and then more single track and rocky hill climb with culverts across it and me tipping over.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #183
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,394
hehe. It was the tree roots with mud in front of them that I'm talking about, not a bit mud hole. So after the 4WD road turns S to go to Teller City but instead the B loop went straight then turned left onto the first singletrack on the B loop on Calamity Pass. So this was after Owl Mtn and the big water hole at the bottom of it (which you can easily go around).

What made it hard was the big tree root and it was pretty dug out from probably every big bike (at least) paddling through it and getting the rear wheel stuck on the root. And right where you stand when straddling the root was loose mud everywhere you put your feet, easy to go down. Kinda unforgettable to us with 650's and not real knobbies. It was pretty flat there and no big rocky hills nearby, just a gentle downhill.

I probably got stuck there on my XR250 in 1987 when I rode the Calamity Pass Enduro in the rain. My glasses were fogged, under my goggles that were also fogged, mudholes with hidden diagonal tree limbs in them to go splat on.. Did I mention I hate rain?

Anyhow I'd LOVE to see a pic of it or a video. That was my big accomplishment for the weekend! Facing old fears? !

BTW I have a Rekluse and man is it awesome in mud or 1st gear tight singletrack where you are stomping on the brake alot! We did an extra easy B singletrack that parallels Rd 106 that we took last year - I love that one it is very tight for big bikes but doable. No way I would do the B+ Serpentine on this bike.

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #184
bbanker
Klrista

Oddometer: 38
Trace O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
Here's another fun shot.

Trace is who got me on a bike the first time... actually that one...
And I haven't looked back since.
bbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #185
SaharaJp99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Strap a chainsaw to my back or my forks and call me stupid, but I cannot wait to ride these trails again!!!!!! Come on summer, trial clearing days, and the Moose Run!! Can't come soon enough!!
SaharaJp99 is offline   Reply With Quote