Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
MtnVfr OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Manuals and tools

Hello all,

I am near completing a deal for a 2011 990 Adventure. This bike was a dealer demo and has just under 1000 miles on it. I'm a little nervous buying a demo but the deal is good and the warranty has not been started so I will have the full two years on it. Plus I like the 2011 colors better. It looks perfectly mint but are there any gotcha's I should be aware of before finalizing the deal? I did ask them if the first service was done and was assured it was. I will get the print out for that.

The second thing is, they just transferred the bike from their north dealership for me and on inspection I noticed the tools were not under the seat. They're pretty sure the whole pouch with manuals and tools was just left at the north location and have assured me I will get everything. I am wondering if anyone could help me out with exactly what should be included for tools and manuals? One thing I really liked about my 300 EXC was the great manuals and parts diagrams so I want to make sure I get whatever the 990 would have come with too.

Thanks for the help. I was dead set on a VFR until finding this forum and getting my imagination sparked on the KTM possibilities. I'm looking forward to getting the bike and exploring some of the secondary roads around here.
MtnVfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,535
http://www.ktm.com/us/dealer-service...16f0afa433389f

Check out the above - It's from the KTM USA site. You look in the service section, type in your pertinent info and it gives this. This is for the Dakar version for 2011. The list only had Dakar and R version for the US though other than suspension I don't think there's be much difference. You can get a parts fiche download with info from your bike as you see. The only manual you can get is the owners manual unless you by the mx DVD that covers several bikes including the adventure. Though it cost some I got the parts catalog and pertinent section of the mx dvd and had them printed. I like not being tied to a computer.

SCflyer screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 06:05 PM
SCflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
MtnVfr OP
n00b

thanks for the link. I am hoping to get all the items from them but if not this will be great. Regardless, I got the owners manual to put it on the iPad.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,709
The tool set is shown here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403562

Welcome to the asylum.
Cheers
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office 25 till 4th August
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
MtnVfr OP
n00b

Perfect thread, thanks! I have been plugging through some tool kit threads but there are a LOT of them and that one with the picture will make it easy to see if I receive all the piece parts.