Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #24841
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
Thanks... And yeah, I've come across that light but I didn't really like it either... the price is pretty steep for this one but I think its money spent well due to the fact that it fit really nice and how bright it is.

About the fender/radiator problem.. Thanks on the input. I'm going to find out how much the fender is from the new huskies. Maybe I could make it fit and it solve this little problem, plus I really like the way the flatter ones look.

Another thing, while installing the light, I found out my rear fender is off to one side by maybe half a cm. Must've bend the rear sub-frame when I looped the bike. :(
Let us know what other TE fender you go with and some pic of it installed. I like the 449 and 511 fender too and assume that's what you're going with?
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #24842
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Let us know what other TE fender you go with and some pic of it installed. I like the 449 and 511 fender too and assume that's what you're going with?
Yes, those are the ones.
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #24843
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Man, did the guy that bought the bike not like the bike or what? Its back on the market again!

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/3631067058.html
No longer listed?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #24844
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 395
Thumb I like my Uptite muffler.

Hey All,

I just put on an Uptite muffler from George at Uptite Husky. It is pretty and quite effective; the bike runs much cooler now and about 25% faster (seat of the pants measurement). I have already done the resistor/PU upgrade too. This bike rips now, and the muffler is so cool you can almost touch it immediately after a ride. Way to go George.

I am getting my bike ready for the TET S in a few weeks, the portion that circles Georgia. I've got a Giant Loop Great Basin bag for the rear and a Fandango tank bag upfront. I'll be installing a cigarette lighter to run my gps and phone this next week. I can't wait for this trip.

I have a 2008 610 with 2400 miles, and the suspension has just started to break in. This is turning out to be a fantastic bike.
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #24845
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

The suspension on these bikes is a bit harsh in stock from. I highly suggest you have the suspension set up for your weight and riding style. It's one of the best improvements you can do next to a seat or tuner.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #24846
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
The suspension on these bikes is a bit harsh in stock from. I highly suggest you have the suspension set up for your weight and riding style. It's one of the best improvements you can do next to a seat or tuner.
I weigh 270 lbs; built like a "World's Strongest Man." So the suspension in stock form is quite alright.

I put on a seat concepts seat - huge improvement. Also added an airhawk.

I haven't done a tuner yet but I don't know what it would give me since I have already done the PU mod with a muffler. Please educate me why I should get a tuner for the 610. Will it give me more power?
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #24847
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
I could not believe the 2013 te449 front fender was only $14 from my local bmw dealer. Should get it by end of next week..
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #24848
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Even with the power up these bikes run a bit lean. Add a pipe and pre filter air box mod and its even leaner. The tuner will allow you to ad fuel all through out the rpm range or if you're low on fuel and miles from gas, you could lean it out. You'll get a better throttle response, more power and cooler motor. Call JD jetting and they'll explain it very well.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #24849
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Even with the power up these bikes run a bit lean. Add a pipe and pre filter air box mod and its even leaner. The tuner will allow you to ad fuel all through out the rpm range or if you're low on fuel and miles from gas, you could lean it out. You'll get a better throttle response, more power and cooler motor. Call JD jetting and they'll explain it very well.
Mine is definitly not running too lean. I was thinking about getting a tuner so I could lean it out a bit. Its close, but just a tad on the rich side.

I'm wondering if the settings can be a bit random, even after the power up, from bike to bike depending on how there were set at the factory? Another good reason to get a tuner.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #24850
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlking6 View Post
Mine is definitly not running too lean. I was thinking about getting a tuner so I could lean it out a bit. Its close, but just a tad on the rich side.

I'm wondering if the settings can be a bit random, even after the power up, from bike to bike depending on how there were set at the factory? Another good reason to get a tuner.
Do you have stock pipe?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #24851
Baroquenride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Question Pic of speedo magnet needed

I think the magnet on the brake disc fell out and got lost and my speedo isn't working because of it. Could someone post a pic or send me a link of a pic of what these look like so I can verify one way or another? I don't have a clue what it's supposed to look like.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #24852
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
I think the magnet on the brake disc fell out and got lost and my speedo isn't working because of it. Could someone post a pic or send me a link of a pic of what these look like so I can verify one way or another? I don't have a clue what it's supposed to look like.
Unhook your battery for 20 min and it will reset.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #24853
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #24854
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Do you have stock pipe?
No I have the Leo. Stock the bike was so lean there was ash on the plug. I wouldnt ride it until the kit came in. Mileage went from 65 mpg to 40-45 mpg after the pu kit. I'm Right around 10k miles on the motor now and the plug is a chocolate brown. I like to shoot for maybe a little closer to a leather tan. Most of my riding is close to sea level. Local Dez, Baja etc and it does run nice and cool. I think I've seen my fan come on maybe 3 times. I'm guessing having a tuner installed would allow me to make small adjustments depending on the conditions?

tlking6 screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 09:16 AM
tlking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #24855
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Can anyone recommend a good on-line overhaul manual???
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote