Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #541
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebanano View Post
I have the broken bike in the garage and I have really wanted to ride in it. Please help me with the answers

Hello:

I've been reading about the problems endemic Magura clutch systems and in many forums recommend riding these two options:
http://www.oberon-performance.com/ac...ders_KCSC.html
&
http://sigutech.com/index.php?option...ask=view&id=28

I disassembled the RECEPTEUR EMBRAYAGE KPL. 27MM OEM: 59032061044. I've cleaned perfectly and I've changed the O-ring. By introducing the piston and slide with the push of the fingers, I sense that the movement is not linear. I sense that there are many phases of slip resistance and the tour takes place in steps.
Immediately I thought this piston sliding leaps could be causing the sudden push happens when releasing clutch in first gear. Everyone talks problem clutch discs, but I think this irregular operation EMBRAYAGE RECEPTEUR may be causing the problem of clutch in first gear.
I think it's absurd to release the clutch lever gently, if after the RECEPTEUR EMBRAYAGE it translates the movement of the hand jerking.
Can anyone make any recommendations on this?. Any recommendations on Oberon or Sigutech system?.

Also I have problems in the clutch level. Oil oozing gum constantly. I disassembled the PISTON 11MM and can not replace the seals. There is no other option, you have to buy a new set OEM: 75002032000 for 40 .
I read in some forums that the MASTER CYLINDER CPL. Magura 11mm is not good quality. Some talk of installing one of the Brembo brand but do not know much more about it or if it's an exaggeration. My bike has 10,300 miles and oil oozes constantly. Can anyone make any recommendations on this?.

Thousand apologies for my English disastrous. Greetings to all.
I wish I could help you with your problem, but unfortunately I have no idea... Please don't worry as I'm sure that you will receive prompt help from other owners of this INCREDIBLE bike, or at least they can help you with some information

This is the good thing of these type of forums: We all can help each other, so that we can do things by ourselves, saving money and learning to repair the bikes while we are exploring the world
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #542
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
What Marc Coma bike is this? With chaindrive on starboard side we must be looking at something like a 660 Rally or ditto. The 690 RFR has a port side chaindrive.
I took these pics in 2009, and I think it was a 2008 Dakar bike. The rest of the pics are here (pages 520 and 521):

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...35110&page=520

Nice bike, by the way!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #543
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
I have the broken bike in the garage and I have really wanted to ride in it. Please help me with the answers

Hello:

I've been reading about the problems endemic Magura clutch systems and in many forums recommend riding these two options:
&

I disassembled the RECEPTEUR EMBRAYAGE KPL. 27MM OEM: 59032061044. I've cleaned perfectly and I've changed the O-ring. By introducing the piston and slide with the push of the fingers, I sense that the movement is not linear. I sense that there are many phases of slip resistance and the tour takes place in steps.
Immediately I thought this piston sliding leaps could be causing the sudden push happens when releasing clutch in first gear. Everyone talks problem clutch discs, but I think this irregular operation EMBRAYAGE RECEPTEUR may be causing the problem of clutch in first gear.
I think it's absurd to release the clutch lever gently, if after the RECEPTEUR EMBRAYAGE it translates the movement of the hand jerking.
Can anyone make any recommendations on this?. Any recommendations on Oberon or Sigutech system?.

Also I have problems in the clutch level. Oil oozing gum constantly. I disassembled the PISTON 11MM and can not replace the seals. There is no other option, you have to buy a new set OEM: 75002032000 for 40 .
I read in some forums that the MASTER CYLINDER CPL. Magura 11mm is not good quality. Some talk of installing one of the Brembo brand but do not know much more about it or if it's an exaggeration. My bike has 10,300 miles and oil oozes constantly. Can anyone make any recommendations on this?.

I hope that I understand your problem properly but is the ooze coming from the clutch slave cylinder???
If so it may be the shaft seal ring (PN 0760 172871) in the clutch cover Part #6 - here;
http://www.boltonmotorcycles.com/find/fiche/217455
These are a problem with the 950 - causing a leak at the slave...

Can you post a pic of the problem if this isnt it..
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #544
shebanano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I need the bike for next week. I could not wait any longer.
I purchased this item:

And I bought the set:
REP.SET PISTON 11MM 07 Ref: 75002032000
http://www.boutique-ktm.com/pieces/m...077620210.html

I hope that these pieces will settle the matter.
I will comment on the results.
shebanano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #545
F650Dakar_Norway OP
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyktm View Post
I took these pics in 2009, and I think it was a 2008 Dakar bike. The rest of the pics are here (pages 520 and 521):

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...35110&page=520

Nice bike, by the way!
That's a genuine Marc Coma 2005 KTM 660 Rally Factory bike if anything. Not really comparable to the 690 RFR in this thread since it's a different construction with a different engine. Chain drive opposite side etc.

Nice bike! You don't see many of those
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #546
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
That's a genuine Marc Coma 2005 KTM 660 Rally Factory bike if anything. Not really comparable to the 690 RFR in this thread since it's a different construction with a different engine. Chain drive opposite side etc.

Nice bike! You don't see many of those
Thanks for the information!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #547
Cummo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
On many occasions this problem is due to worn piston rings. How old is the top end?

Quote:

Hello:

&

Cummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #548
shebanano
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummo View Post
On many occasions this problem is due to worn piston rings. How old is the top end?

My bike has 10,000 km. The aluminum residues sludge was evident.
I find that it is not a theory. Today I mounted the transmitter Oberon clutch and my theory has been confirmed. I said goodbye to the start jerking in 1st gear. Now I can release the clutch lever as I please because I have never surprises, no more sudden shocks and jostling unpleasant. All theories of change clutch plates and seals are a mistake. The problem with this bike is the damn Magura clutch system that is a real shit.
The next change will be a new Brembo radial pump clutch. that allows for gear changes less force applied to the lever.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #549
Cummo
Studly Adventurer

Also I have problems in the clutch level. Oil oozing gum constantly.....I was talking about this. At 10K kms needs a piston and rings, unless you road ride it all the time.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #550
shebanano
Adventurer

Someone with mechanical skills could ensure that this pump would work perfectly in a 690RFR?.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-rc8-950-...ial-clutch-kit

KTM to replace the OEM sells 950 and 990 Supermoto SuperEnduro. These pumps are of 10.5 mm diameter piston.
The RFR 690 has a pump piston with a diameter from 11 mm. In theory it should be valid for use in RFR 690.
If possible, I was interested to buy this:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...idproduct=1022

... but it's a lot of money to spend if not safely.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #551
Cummo
Studly Adventurer

I think I misunderstood you, is there oil coming out of the master cylinder at the bars? I was addressing this problem in my reply which can be a result of worn rings blowing into the sump pressurizing the cases and pushing back clutch oil out of the clutch lever, very common as the case seal on the clutch side is very small and teflon!

The jerkiness and grabby clutch on a 690RR ( Rally Replica) is something I tried to fix also, I asked the factory mechanics on many rallies about this, the only thing that fixed it on my 690 RR was 2 things, remove all the plates, you will notice an edge on the plates where they have been stamped out, all the rough edges need to point towards the outside of the bike, drop the oil and install the Motorex 20W60 oil designed for high performance singles, it solved my problem. All this came from a 65 year old original rally mechanic for KTM who did much design work on the 690RR - Walther was his name if I recall right, he also showed me the trick of pushing the front brake caliper with your knee across the disc and then pulling it back, this removed the softness of the lever ( after every stage ) and made it firm again, he said the Titanium caliper bowls flip the rubber seal when they get hot and increase chamber sizes, by pumping the caliper it flips the seal back......i must have bled the front 5 times trying to fix this issue!

QUOTE=shebanano;20807439]Someone with mechanical skills could ensure that this pump would work perfectly in a 690RFR?.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-rc8-950-...ial-clutch-kit

KTM to replace the OEM sells 950 and 990 Supermoto SuperEnduro. These pumps are of 10.5 mm diameter piston.
The RFR 690 has a pump piston with a diameter from 11 mm. In theory it should be valid for use in RFR 690.
If possible, I was interested to buy this:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...idproduct=1022

... but it's a lot of money to spend if not safely.
Thanks for the replies.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #552
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,789
Has anyone got any spare grab handles they want to sell?
On my friends bike he's had the bolts pull through on one of the handles.
If we can't find the original plastic ones I'll probably make some aluminium ones.
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #553
shebanano
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummo View Post
I think I misunderstood you, is there oil coming out of the master cylinder at the bars? I was addressing this problem in my reply which can be a result of worn rings blowing into the sump pressurizing the cases and pushing back clutch oil out of the clutch lever, very common as the case seal on the clutch side is very small and teflon!

The jerkiness and grabby clutch on a 690RR ( Rally Replica) is something I tried to fix also, I asked the factory mechanics on many rallies about this, the only thing that fixed it on my 690 RR was 2 things, remove all the plates, you will notice an edge on the plates where they have been stamped out, all the rough edges need to point towards the outside of the bike, drop the oil and install the Motorex 20W60 oil designed for high performance singles, it solved my problem. All this came from a 65 year old original rally mechanic for KTM who did much design work on the 690RR - Walther was his name if I recall right, he also showed me the trick of pushing the front brake caliper with your knee across the disc and then pulling it back, this removed the softness of the lever ( after every stage ) and made it firm again, he said the Titanium caliper bowls flip the rubber seal when they get hot and increase chamber sizes, by pumping the caliper it flips the seal back......i must have bled the front 5 times trying to fix this issue!

The oil oozed out exactly by the inlet orifice of set Piston 11 mm.

The sliding piston in the old OEM clutch issuer was clearly irregular. There was not a linear slide. That meant that when you let go of the clutch lever slowly; the bike started with pushing.
In my case, for now, the problem is solved.

Now I need to solve the problem of hardness in the clutch lever. So I ask about the option of Brembo.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #554
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks, Cummo, for the very informative response! ;-)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #555
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
Has anyone got any spare grab handles they want to sell?
On my friends bike he's had the bolts pull through on one of the handles.
If we can't find the original plastic ones I'll probably make some aluminium ones.
Those handles are mucho $$$ think over $300 each as listed.

Spare tanks I have - handles I do not.....