ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #61
Canary
Studly Adventurer
 
Canary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
Great road in, but the last time I went in there there was more holes and less road. Well actually the last 5 kms back out and into Foster involved a hole that swallowed cars. Hopefully it is fixed now.

There are some great roads around that area, and not necessarily asphalt or difficult dirt, so could be plan X, what letter are we up to?
Which road? To Bear Gully or the Prom?

Road into Bear Gully camping ground is gravel.
__________________
2012 DR650
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #62
huskygirl
HuskyGirl
 
huskygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
Which road? To Bear Gully or the Prom?

Road into Bear Gully camping ground is gravel.
Road into Prom - officially there was more gravel than asphalt, the challenge was the holes were pretty seriously all over the place and deep. Would have been better if it was all dirt and they ripped the asphalt off as it gave you a false sense of security. Part of it were the trucks going in and out repairing Mount Oberon.

Bear Gully is still gravel
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #63
Canary
Studly Adventurer
 
Canary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
Road into Prom - officially there was more gravel than asphalt, the challenge was the holes were pretty seriously all over the place and deep. Would have been better if it was all dirt and they ripped the asphalt off as it gave you a false sense of security. Part of it were the trucks going in and out repairing Mount Oberon.

Bear Gully is still gravel
How long ago was the road crap to the Prom?

Haven't been there for a few years, but the views were beautiful, don't remember gravel on the road though.

The only thing against the Prom is paying to camp at the campground and the wombats, possums, birds etc stealing food if they can. Including going into the vestibles and opening your bags and pinching stuff while you are asleep.
__________________
2012 DR650
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #64
GSDane
Ride like a girl
 
GSDane's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Denmark...
Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHEVY View Post
Cool Banana's; i'm in ..we will have fun Wonder how many icepacks, chocolates, cakes & cans I can pack into the backpack We don't want to starve or dehydrate you know ... don't worry; i'll share
Cheers Marls
See ya', Marls (not only cause of the chocolate planning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
Dorthe's return

How do I put these on again?


Getting Instruction on how to ride (well actually the Husky wouldn't start)



And she's off and racing (little reminder on what side of the road to stay on)..... I'm sure the Husky is much bigger than that, why does it look so small......?

Thanks for lending me the fantastic bike, J.
Definitely getting my aussie riding fitness back... having ridden four great bikes since arrival Friday



Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Did a lot of bike dropping last weekend attempting a very steep hill that was a bit loose and rocky. Dorthe managed fine - as you can see she has legs so long they made the Husky look tiny, where as I couldn't reach the ground and just fell over. I probably needed to gas it. No pics sorry, we were all very very hot and dripping with sweat. Luckily this track was not a maybe for the Chix ride and it's never going to be either.
Gee.. some ride Amazing what your friends put in place when you come for a visit - it did test my temp.regulation for working out
I managed to take a few pics... this one of MTrain cruising up the hill


Cheers, GSDane.
__________________
´CAUSE IT MAKES ME SMILE
GSDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #65
huskygirl
HuskyGirl
 
huskygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
How long ago was the road crap to the Prom?

Haven't been there for a few years, but the views were beautiful, don't remember gravel on the road though.

The only thing against the Prom is paying to camp at the campground and the wombats, possums, birds etc stealing food if they can. Including going into the vestibles and opening your bags and pinching stuff while you are asleep.
October 2012. The views are beautiful (stops are compulsory) and the animals fun With all this rain maybe we can go back to Plan A?
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #66
huskygirl
HuskyGirl
 
huskygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDane View Post
See ya', Marls (not only cause of the chocolate planning)



Thanks for lending me the fantastic bike, J.
Definitely getting my aussie riding fitness back... having ridden four great bikes since arrival Friday

Cheers, GSDane.
Not a problem. But with your height I definitely think the KTM is much more your style (oh and the BMW so I don't upset the BMW riders). Oh, that's right I have one of those (the mini one for mini-me). (Sorry Miss Jane )
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #67
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl
 
Miss Jane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Central Victoria
Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
Not a problem. But with your height I definitely think the KTM is much more your style (oh and the BMW so I don't upset the BMW riders). Oh, that's right I have one of those (the mini one for mini-me). (Sorry Miss Jane )
Hey we are Rotax riders.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #68
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe
 
Adventcha UnCut's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: The Freezer, Central Victoria - Orstralie
Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDane View Post
Thanks for lending me the fantastic bike, J.
Definitely getting my aussie riding fitness back... having ridden four great bikes since arrival Friday
So D, gunna jump the BMW slowshow now that you've experienced the "small" Husky 575 (610) and the mighty KTM LC8?
There is a world outside the the blue & white roundels...

Cheers,

Adv UnCuT
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #69
huskygirl
HuskyGirl
 
huskygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Hey we are Rotax riders.
Good point
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #70
Canary
Studly Adventurer
 
Canary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 613
So any decisions yet?

Planning my solo trip and need to know where the meet will be so I can finish up nearby.
__________________
2012 DR650
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #71
Canary
Studly Adventurer
 
Canary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 613
Woops, we slipped off the front page.

Going on my first solo trip for 6 days camping. I have called it "Postcards for Jardine" tour.

Will finish at Wangaratta on Friday the 15th and staying with my brother for the night.

See you chix whenever and wherever.
__________________
2012 DR650
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #72
huskygirl
HuskyGirl
 
huskygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
Woops, we slipped off the front page.

Going on my first solo trip for 6 days camping. I have called it "Postcards for Jardine" tour.

Will finish at Wangaratta on Friday the 15th and staying with my brother for the night.

See you chix whenever and wherever.
I'm sure there will be grand announcement soon. I really need this ride as I've just had my Tassie trip canned!!
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #73
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl
 
Miss Jane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Central Victoria
Oddometer: 1,944
Been riding around the lumpy bits of western Vic for three days, had a great time but no internet.

Canary I think it is safe to reckon on meeting us at Mansfield or there a bouts. You have a great time girl, good on ya for doing your first solo trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #74
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl
 
Miss Jane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Central Victoria
Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
I really need this ride as I've just had my Tassie trip canned!!
Whats happend, that sucks big time.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #75
Canary
Studly Adventurer
 
Canary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskygirl View Post
I'm sure there will be grand announcement soon. I really need this ride as I've just had my Tassie trip canned!!
Yeah, what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Been riding around the lumpy bits of western Vic for three days, had a great time but no internet.

Canary I think it is safe to reckon on meeting us at Mansfield or there a bouts. You have a great time girl, good on ya for doing your first solo trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Thanks.

Won't be as exciting as your dirt adventures, but hopefully it will still be good. Have to start somewhere.

Getting all my gear ready as usually V Twin and I share, but I will have to take all my own gear this time. All good with the camping as been camping forever and will be staying in caravan parks. Just have to work out where to pack all my stuff so that it is easy to get out only the stuff that I need. I guess that I will work that out after a couple of days.
__________________
2012 DR650
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014