Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
Has anyone tried mounting a wide light bar right under the stock headlight housing (with an OEM low fender of course)? Something like this one perhaps? http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/srseries6.htm

If yes, please post a picture.

Thanks.

See this thread
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
I added the Rigid 2X2 spots and they work well. I also added the DDM HIDs.
The HIDs are monsters for the close up work, while the spots really take care of the distant objects. Turned out to be a really good combination.

This is a good read on the Rigid LEDs.
http://www.enduro360.com/2012/01/21/...ight-review-2/

I am thinking of a pair of these lights . Does anyone have experience with the DDM LED lights? They seem to be a good price per lumen.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Has anyone tried mounting a wide light bar right under the stock headlight housing (with an OEM low fender of course)? Something like this one perhaps? http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/srseries6.htm

Thanks.

Craig from CJ designs has also done this with a RIGID light.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
Dru
Hardly an Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
I mounted mine using the BDCW crashbar mounts. Keeps them tucked in and low... they work great.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
Rsquared
Echo

Oddometer: 99
Quote:

Thanks.
I installed one on my friends 990R and it worked well. So I had planned on doing the same to my Dakar, until I measured my suspension travel and found that there wasn't enough room for the light to fit at full stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I am thinking of a pair of these lights . Does anyone have experience with the DDM LED lights? They seem to be a good price per lumen.
I've had good luck with their HIDs. I may give them a try on my next project.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
Mr_Snips
Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer: 352
here is another much cheaper version. basically the same as the rigids just made in china...i like my 6" bar.

http://okledlightbars.webs.com/
Mr_Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
mdfehrmann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post

See this thread
I know this light has my vote! I just ordered one based on the fact that the lenses are replaceable and inexpensive (ten bucks I think), reflectors are user replaceable (I ordered mine floods on the outside spots on the inside) 75% / 100% / Strobe built into the unit and actuated by a momentary switch ($14 part/or make your own) but I ordered their wiring harness with a full dimmer and 100% that you can wire to a switch or your high beam. Top it off with a protective cover so you can pull it when it's dark and not need to clean it off, water proof to 9' all I can say is it's worth the money and can't wait to get it installed! These lights are the real deal IMO!

I got my first glance at these lights last weekend at the Dealer Show in Indy while my bike was on display in the Giant Loop booth and I ordered mine on the spot. Check them out here.
Baja Designs

Matthew

2006 KTM 950 ADV S - 2004 Sherco 2.9
http://www.mdfeditions.com/
http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/

mdfehrmann screwed with this post 02-20-2013 at 12:32 PM
mdfehrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
ABuck99

Oddometer: 462
DJ- Very tidy set up & install. Nice job.

I like mdfehrmann's spec. dividing 2spots & 2floods in the same light bar and the upgraded dimming functionality. Did they suggest this or did you know that they could customize the wiring harness to give you the added dim functions. Anyway, after your install, it would be cool if you posted on the results your set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post

See this thread
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #24
mdfehrmann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
I like mdfehrmann's spec. dividing 2spots & 2floods in the same light bar and the upgraded dimming functionality. Did they suggest this or did you know that they could customize the wiring harness to give you the added dim functions. Anyway, after your install, it would be cool if you posted on the results your set up.
I had no idea what they were doing with their led lighting until I was standing in their booth at the dealer show checking out their lights. The quality is top notch, and since the lights are so user friendly, repairable, and changeable I only walked 10 steps away before I decided to turn around and order them up. Another cool feature about them is the reflectors are rotatable 90º if you want them mounted vertically in an application you still have the proper beam pattern. Dimmer Info Here

2006 KTM 950 ADV S - 2004 Sherco 2.9
http://www.mdfeditions.com/
http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/
mdfehrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
ABuck99

Oddometer: 462
Thx mdfehrmann, good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfehrmann View Post
I had no idea what they were doing with their led lighting until I was standing in their booth at the dealer show checking out their lights. The quality is top notch, and since the lights are so user friendly, repairable, and changeable I only walked 10 steps away before I decided to turn around and order them up. Another cool feature about them is the reflectors are rotatable 90º if you want them mounted vertically in an application you still have the proper beam pattern. Dimmer Info Here
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
DJ- Very tidy set up & install. Nice job.
Not my bike, but KTMbageera's. I agree that it is a great setup and fab.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #27
atravlr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
I know it's not orange but,,,

I have two and boy are they bright. I use a cap for the top one around town and off road or on the highway I remove it. Be prepared for eveyone to flash their highbeams at you. They are bright.

atravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by atravlr View Post
Be prepared for eveyone to flash their highbeams at you. They are bright.
We have found that, here in Mexico we ride with them on so it gives the Mexicans something to aim at , the lighting is so bright at night we can't tell if the factory light is working

A lot of people flash their lights at us ... at least we know they have seen us.

We did have a water issue with ours but Rigid Industries are replacing them under warranty with no problem which is great customer service.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #29
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Snips View Post
here is another much cheaper version. basically the same as the rigids just made in china...i like my 6" bar.

http://okledlightbars.webs.com/
Not even close. Buy cheap get cheap. About the only thing that is the same is the fact that there are LEDs of in there. Those appear to be 3 watt emitters, Long gone from most US suppliers inventory.
So much goes into a quality LED that the majority don't realize it until they have spent twice as much, after a failure.
Thermal management is the biggest area where the Chinese lights fail to meet the grade of quality.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Not even close. Buy cheap get cheap. About the only thing that is the same is the fact that there are LEDs of in there. Those appear to be 3 watt emitters, Long gone from most US suppliers inventory.
So much goes into a quality LED that the majority don't realize it until they have spent twice as much, after a failure.
Thermal management is the biggest area where the Chinese lights fail to meet the grade of quality.
Perhaps. For the price, I am going to try a pair of these as auxiliary lights on mine 990.

To suppliment the HID On my 450, I am adding one flood and one spot of these lights.

I will report back this spring on how well they work. Yes, I am getting what I pay for. However, for $225 I am setting up two different bikes with supplementary dual LED lights with respectable lumen output. I do not plan on doing a lot of night riding, or racing the Baja 1000, so I expect these lights to be adequate for what I need.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote