Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #76
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 900
Another vote for Adventure Medical Kits. I add some "water gel" burns dressings. If you are camping and have a stove, sooner or later you will get burnt. They also work well on blisters.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #77
CJGamer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
This is on sale all the time- and a good basis to start with

http://www.rei.com/product/832243/re...it-special-buy

the little red pack is good to organize stuff too. i've pulled out a bunch of stuff to our bigger plastic car kits, and put in some extra splints, bigger tape, larger wrap etc... I also have some stronger medicine like 4 oxycodone etc.

+1 on the kotex. I also have 2 super small ob tampons. Great for nasty broken noses bleading profusely.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #78
teomannaskali
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Swimming shorts makes an excellent sling, it is even adjustable. I used one when i had broken my clavicle.

Head goes in from one leg, and the arm goes in through the other leg, Your wrist hangs from you neck with the waist part which is adjustable.
teomannaskali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #79
kickstand
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Med supplies sale

Just got Email from LA police gear they are having a sale on emergence med supplies. I just stumbled across this thread last night at work it caught my attention mainly because of my accident last oct 31 which I'm just now returning to work from crushed my tibia above my ankle with spiral fracture from knee through bottom of bone and fractured fibia just below knee Ti rod and 6 months later things are looking up. Need to get my kit put together since I do a lot of dual sport by myself accident got me thinking about taking first responder course. Sorry could not figure out how to forward email.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #80
Yakima
I'm slow...

Oddometer: 223
Another diabetic...

After 47 years with Type 1 I've learned a few things.
First is that most people haven't a clue about diabetes--even many who have the disease.
Second is that you can't miss giving sugar or Pepsi or hard candy. Not chocolate: the fat slows down sugar absorption.
If glucose is already high, a Pepsi isn't going to matter. If it's low, Pepsi etc will be just what the doctor ordered.
Look for weird behavior: angry and short, can't concentrate, incoherent (worse than usual!) acting "drunk" ---all are some symptoms.
+1 on give it even if I say I'm fine. My wife can tell you stories about the things I've done when glucose was low that I cannot remember doing or saying.
There are a lot of diabetics out there and even more ignorance. Do some reading. Your friend with diabetes will appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.
Yakima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #81
Robidob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Im back.

Hey Gents and Gals,
I am back around so I can answer more questions if you have any.
Robidob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #82
Robidob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
Another vote for Adventure Medical Kits. I add some "water gel" burns dressings. If you are camping and have a stove, sooner or later you will get burnt. They also work well on blisters.
It would be great to get your hands on one of the small tubes of silver sulfadiazine(aka: silvadene) its hard to find the small tubes normally you end up with a giant tub of the stuff. by far the best easy treatment for a burn. Just be careful if you have a sulfa drug allergy.
Robidob is offline   Reply With Quote