ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #76
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPARKER1817 View Post
Met up with Sidewinder and Kickstand at Meadows of the Dan. Made 100 mile loop up Dugspur, Indian Valley, the backway to the Shot Tower and on to Independence thru Fries.
Perfect day to ride with good friends.
Great ride! I got a few pic's.

2004 YZ250F
kickstand72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #77
kickstand72
i just ride.....

and the best for last...

mmm.
2004 YZ250F
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #78
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Dang

Dang Kickstand, I am riding my ass of and you are back there taking pictures.
What kinda of camera you got?
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #79
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Thumb

Quote:
Dang Kickstand, I am riding my ass of and you are back there taking pictures.
What kinda of camera you got?
Touch screen cell. Had to pull off a glove and man my fingers were freezing.. I think sidewinder is on the bridge, you are turning to get on and im buzzing triple digits to catch up
2004 YZ250F
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #80
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

dANG

Great pictures.
I don't know whether to take riding lessons or photography lessons...................maybe both. I am going back up there soon and check out what's on the other side of the closed bridge. I have been up in that area only 3 times. I bet the riding is great when the gravel is gone. The scenery is spac-damm-tactular!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #81
Hoodis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Bridge over Rock Creek

It was good to meet y'all yesterday in MOD. I take it the third bridge over Rock Creek was truly closed yesterday. Coming from the south side, Sylvatus Smith Road (Rt 693) is pretty crooked down to the river. A right just over the first bridge goes down a decent gravel road (Rt 764) along the creek for several miles. Great views that eventually take you to Dugspur.

If anyone has an interest in a Union Grove/Brushy Mountain/Boomer/Ferguson/Champion/Millers Creek/Stone Mountain/Rockford loop in the next few weeks, let me know. Should be about 4-5 hours or so of riding from Lewisville or thereabouts. The roads are probably cleaner than up in Virginia.
Hoodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #82
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer

Good meeting you too Hoodis. Keep us posted, I'm game.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #83
kickstand72
i just ride.....

Quote:
Good meeting you too Hoodis. Keep us posted, I'm game.
+1!
2004 YZ250F
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #84
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodis View Post
It was good to meet y'all yesterday in MOD. I take it the third bridge over Rock Creek was truly closed yesterday. Coming from the south side, Sylvatus Smith Road (Rt 693) is pretty crooked down to the river. A right just over the first bridge goes down a decent gravel road (Rt 764) along the creek for several miles. Great views that eventually take you to Dugspur.

If anyone has an interest in a Union Grove/Brushy Mountain/Boomer/Ferguson/Champion/Millers Creek/Stone Mountain/Rockford loop in the next few weeks, let me know. Should be about 4-5 hours or so of riding from Lewisville or thereabouts. The roads are probably cleaner than up in Virginia.
Good to meet you Hoodis. Kickstand and I live at I-77 and Hwy 421 intersection. Union grove is 5 miles away.

Lets ride together soon.

Great to ride with you again Parker. I had fun and got to show you guys a few new places.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #85
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,875
Sounds like y'all had a great time. I wish I could have made it...it would have been just for lunch due to other obligations....but I knew if I met up, the talk of the ride would have lured me in and I would have went riding. Unforunately I had to do the responsible thing...I know myself well enough to know what I would have choose...
Hopefully next time!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #86
mas335
xendurist

Oddometer: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by late-apex View Post
Have any of you been on the trail that goes from Cole Rd. in Winston-Salem into Kernersville? If so what can I expect? Also I heard there is a trail that runs from King to Winston-Salem along hwy 52 you can actually see it from the hwy in some spots but I can't find a way in there. Hoping to find some more local trails.
I have ridden the trail along 52 but it has been a while back. There is lots of hills and valleys with several creek crossings at the bottom, it shows just how much grading was done to make 52 as level as it is. The creek crossing banks where badly eaten up thanks to 4 wheelers, they do a lot of damage.

I know how I got there but really don't know the road names. I'm pretty sure one of the ways in and out of that trail was at the rural hall/bethania road at 52.

I also remember the trail feeling real exposed to the highway, like a highway patrol officer was going to meet me at the exit point, I didn't go back. Cables across the trial entrance were set up, it hardly felt like a welcome sign.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #87
late-apex
XR650L

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas335 View Post
I have ridden the trail along 52 but it has been a while back. There is lots of hills and valleys with several creek crossings at the bottom, it shows just how much grading was done to make 52 as level as it is. The creek crossing banks where badly eaten up thanks to 4 wheelers, they do a lot of damage.

I know how I got there but really don't know the road names. I'm pretty sure one of the ways in and out of that trail was at the rural hall/bethania road at 52.

I also remember the trail feeling real exposed to the highway, like a highway patrol officer was going to meet me at the exit point, I didn't go back. Cables across the trial entrance were set up, it hardly felt like a welcome sign.

By looking at the trail on google maps it looks like the southern most part of the trail is on Ziglar Rd. in Winston-Salem along the RR tracks. I might scout it out in the next few weeks. 4 wheelers will tear up a trail in a heartbeat but they are good about cutting out new ones.
late-apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #88
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
March 8, 9, 10

Don't think it could get much nicer

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #89
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by callison View Post
Don't think it could get much nicer
Indeed. And the wife is out of town. I just need a sidecar to keep the pup happy.
Prior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #90
callison
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
I probably just jinxed the whole thing, will be nice all week then rain all weekend.

I should keep my mouth shut.