ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 AM   #3586
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Sitting here looking out at the snow covered lawn, that looks very inviting. CR?
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #3587
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
FTB, et al, hi!

For the CroMag, I have been giving it some thought to do something similar, by giving everyone a few waypoints around Vermont, and each group might not get them in the same order as the other group.

I would be glad to help out with whatever you're thinking about doing.

Liz
Could make a list of waypoints/locations all around the region that people can go visit and take pics of the location as proof of visit. Maybe a dirt and street list...could make the list long and see who snags the most locations in a given amount of time
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #3588
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
Sitting here looking out at the snow covered lawn, that looks very inviting. CR?
Let's leave it at it's 'an undisclosed location'.

I can tell you this, though. That simple little ride was some of the most fun to be had on a motorbike.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #3589
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!

Oddometer: 2,917
Laugh Indeed.

Quote:
FTB, et al, hi!

For the CroMag, I have been giving it some thought to do something similar, by giving everyone a few waypoints around Vermont, and each group might not get them in the same order as the other group.

I would be glad to help out with whatever you're thinking about doing.

Liz
You would be a great resource for Vermont destinations, Liz. Thanks!

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #3590
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Let's leave it at it's 'an undisclosed location'.

I can tell you this, though. That simple little ride was some of the most fun to be had on a motorbike.

Hmmmm, mystery and intrigue . Perhaps we need to talk, maybe over a couple frosty ones at WHACO .
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #3591
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,500
Does this sound okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Could make a list of waypoints/locations all around the region that people can go visit and take pics of the location as proof of visit. Maybe a dirt and street list...could make the list long and see who snags the most locations in a given amount of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTheBeast View Post
You would be a great resource for Vermont destinations, Liz. Thanks!

Years ago I was Rally Mistress, and created/organized a few rallies. The high speed pro rallies were a blast. But, I also did some wonderful low key, let's go for a ride, see what we can find, and have a lot of fun doing it, kind of rallies. They were casual, focused on people seeing things and enjoying great roads. I'm thinking about doing a simple form of that.

We can do just like you guys are suggesting, waypoints with destinations, places to stop and look around, fun roads, maybe smaller groups/teams of two or three, with a gathering point in the middle of the day for lunch.

Maybe the same thing after lunch to get back to the campground. My focus would be to take everyone on roads and to places that they normally would never get to see. I could definitely do a dirt road route and a paved road route.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #3592
captain crunch
huckleberry

Oddometer: 656
"Rally Mistress" sounds hot. I'm imagining all kinds of images.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #3593
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:

Years ago I was Rally Mistress, and created/organized a few rallies. The high speed pro rallies were a blast. But, I also did some wonderful low key, let's go for a ride, see what we can find, and have a lot of fun doing it, kind of rallies. They were casual, focused on people seeing things and enjoying great roads. I'm thinking about doing a simple form of that.

We can do just like you guys are suggesting, waypoints with destinations, places to stop and look around, fun roads, maybe smaller groups/teams of two or three, with a gathering point in the middle of the day for lunch.

Maybe the same thing after lunch to get back to the campground. My focus would be to take everyone on roads and to places that they normally would never get to see. I could definitely do a dirt road route and a paved road route.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
You know we could almost have a thread dedicated to favorite day trip routes and destinations here in Northern New England..keep the chatter down just post places and route suggestions for others to run
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #3594
EvilClown

Huh...never saw this in the sky before...

Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #3595
Mike Mc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunch View Post
"Rally Mistress" sounds hot. I'm imagining all kinds of images.
Rally mistress was not her first choice for a title, but the other one at least DID involve leather (among other things...)
Mike Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #3596
EvilClown

Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #3597
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Nneuny ...

Quote:
You know we could almost have a thread dedicated to favorite day trip routes and destinations here in Northern New England..keep the chatter down just post places and route suggestions for others to run

Dave, et al, hi!

With what Dave mentions above, I took it upon myself to start a thread in the "Layin' down tracks" section of ADV. The thread is called

" Northern New England and Upstate New York compendium of tracks NNEUNY ".

The link is here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20845389

I've made some posts, by gathering various GPX files from other threads. Take a look!

It's my thought that this will be easy for everyone to just attach their GPX files, maybe put a little description, and go from there. Certainly a lot of you have routes that you can share.

My goal is for this to be a community thing, meaning help by posting your links, saying what you're thinking, and pushing it along. I'm just setting the tone to start it.

How's that sound?

Liz

From the first post:

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

The topic of daytrips and great rides around Northern New England has been brought up recently. With that, it seems to be about time to create a compendium thread of all the GPX tracks that have been added to the "Layin' down tracks" thread, plus have a place to add in any new .GPX tracks. With that, we'll start by culling through the main thread looking for threads and posts that have either .GPX uploads, or links to Google maps, or any other source of rides in New England. How's that sound?

Please feel free to add whatever .GPX files you might have that are either all in Northern New England, or they can start somewhere else, but cross over into the land of the north.

Also, if you see any threads or posts that are out there, that you don't see here, please cut and paste them to this thread.

Oh ... Wait there's more! I'm including Upstate New York as well. The definition of what that means exactly is rather loose for now. Maybe the best answer for the moment is, if it feels like NYC, it's not Upstate.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or questions are welcome, and/or private message me.

Thanks!

Liz

MsLizVt screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 11:11 PM
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #3598
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Nice job Liz...you really did some work

I will pull together and load up a few routes. That thread will make a great place to share tracks for all of us
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #3599
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Keep adding more ...

Quote:
Nice job Liz...you really did some work

I will pull together and load up a few routes. That thread will make a great place to share tracks for all of us

Thanks Dave!

I've seeded it with probably forty different tracks by going back through the threads for four years or so. That's a pretty good start, but you all are the ones out there riding all the time. Those are the tracks that will be wonderful to have access to. Personally, I still would love to have your tracks of the first WHACO, especially from North Conway to Jamaica. I've tried to find some of those roads and just plain can't.

It's up to all of us to keep adding to the thread. Sound good everyone?

Enjoy,

Liz
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #3600
EvilClown