Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #1306
OldLevi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aposaric View Post
Hy,

I am planing to get the Dunlop Trailmax for my zzr 600 conversion. I have 17" wheels, so I found front 120/90 x 17" and the rear is 140/80x17" I am also planing to put the slimmer 120 on the front and reverse it as you did. I am wondering how does your rear tyre fits the wheel on your bike? Tyre that comes stock on my bike is 160/60 and I am wondering if it will be possible to mount the 140 width on my stock rim.

Thank you

andrija
Hi Aposaric,
I think on a rim width160 is a 140 tire too narrow. Ask on a tyre expert. But mounting is passable.
, http://myriders.net63.net/
XT-500/1993, TDM-850/1995
OldLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #1307
aposaric
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270
Thank you for the reply, I will try to ask around, but no one seems to know if it works or not for now

cheers

andrija
aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #1308
dpforth
no inline fours

Oddometer: 288
Motorcycle Rim Width/Tire Size Chart

Here
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #1309
aposaric
Garden mechanic ;-)

Oddometer: 270
Thank you for the link :-) This solves it hten, I shouldn't go under 150/60 on my standard 5.0 rim, or I can find 140760 or 140/70 somewhere, will look into that.

Thank you very much

cheers

andrija
aposaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #1310
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 589
Tourance "NEXT"

Has anybody seen these yet?

It looks like they will be available in 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 sizes. Finally.

http://us.ridexperience.metzeler.com...tourance-next/
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #1311
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,309
They kind of look like the anakee 3s.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #1312
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,118
Looks like a good foul weather road tire.Not sure if I'd rely on them offroad.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1313
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,191
I put a similar tread tire on my SV650. Shinko street tire with larger grooves for when I want to do easy gravel.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #1314
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo View Post
I put a similar tread tire on my SV650. Shinko street tire with larger grooves for when I want to do easy gravel.
Yeah me too.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #1315
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,191
I remember seeing that. You did some groovy work on the Ravens.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #1316
beat
Double Dutchie

Oddometer: 88
motorbeurs utrecht

apperently there is a ducati dealer in Holland that does a litle bit more than just selling bikes...

Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #1317
duxrneet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Dutch. Of course!!!
Looks great, though.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #1318
dakman74
moto-butcher expert

Oddometer: 46
Wink Reviving this thread...I'm addicted to it! XV920 for me

Sold my last "adventure" bike last Fall (a somewhat modified TW200), and was looking at maybe getting another TT/XT that was street legal, then ran into a few guys selling stripped-down shafties (an XS1100, a CB550, and such) that were sort of the minimalist adventure bike i had in mind, but actually capable of hanging with the 85 mph speeds on the highways around here.

So scouring craigslist, I find a low-mileage 82 Virago 920 (and yes I know about the starter issues) that had been sitting for about a year (because it was beginning to give him starter issues...shocker there!) and was stripped down in the process of becoming one UGLY bobber...long story short, the guy trucks it over...it had some TERRIBLE homemade straight pipes made out of galvanized car exhaust tube and pinched at the end to kind of resemble fishtails, I told him it's going to cost me about $150 to put factory exhaust back on...he knocks that off the asking price, so I hand over $350 cash. Oh yeah, and a homemade solo seat with about 3 dozen screws in it to "look cool."

Get it home, start stripping it down to fix a few minor things and clean out the carbs (actually were pretty clean, diaphragms in good shape---surprisingly, inspect the vacuum lines, fuel lines, etc. and it's coming along fairly well. I need to get some pictures up but I don't do photobucket.

Ebay is my friend...bought a factory exhaust for $100, a seat that looks like it'll be close to what I wanted anyway for cheap, a DT100 rear fender, an enduro dual-cats-eyes taillight, oh yeah and an 18" Seca wheel that matches the style of the Virago (for more dual sport tire choices than the 16"). I've also been looking at the ridiculous prices for the XV920R tanks (with the knee indentations...cafe racer builiders love them, apparently) and I think I might try a Seca tank instead with the indentation...about 1/8th the price, same look, and I've been told they fit.

The forks actually have a lot of travel, but I have to see if I can find the mention of...CR250R springs(?) on here to replace the stock ones for more offroad capability...and I believe I read somewhere that someone swapped an XR250R rear shock into a Virago, I have an XR400R shock that I could rebuild and see if it would work (same geometry frame) but right now I can't remember if I can remote-reservoir the shock since I don't think it'll fit otherwise.

Anywho...let's try and keep this going so I can feed my addiction! hahaha
dakman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #1319
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakman74 View Post
Sold my last "adventure" bike last Fall (a somewhat modified TW200), and was looking at maybe getting another TT/XT that was street legal, then ran into a few guys selling stripped-down shafties (an XS1100, a CB550, and such) that were sort of the minimalist adventure bike i had in mind, but actually capable of hanging with the 85 mph speeds on the highways around here.

So scouring craigslist, I find a low-mileage 82 Virago 920 (and yes I know about the starter issues) that had been sitting for about a year (because it was beginning to give him starter issues...shocker there!) and was stripped down in the process of becoming one UGLY bobber...long story short, the guy trucks it over...it had some TERRIBLE homemade straight pipes made out of galvanized car exhaust tube and pinched at the end to kind of resemble fishtails, I told him it's going to cost me about $150 to put factory exhaust back on...he knocks that off the asking price, so I hand over $350 cash. Oh yeah, and a homemade solo seat with about 3 dozen screws in it to "look cool."

Get it home, start stripping it down to fix a few minor things and clean out the carbs (actually were pretty clean, diaphragms in good shape---surprisingly, inspect the vacuum lines, fuel lines, etc. and it's coming along fairly well. I need to get some pictures up but I don't do photobucket.

Ebay is my friend...bought a factory exhaust for $100, a seat that looks like it'll be close to what I wanted anyway for cheap, a DT100 rear fender, an enduro dual-cats-eyes taillight, oh yeah and an 18" Seca wheel that matches the style of the Virago (for more dual sport tire choices than the 16"). I've also been looking at the ridiculous prices for the XV920R tanks (with the knee indentations...cafe racer builiders love them, apparently) and I think I might try a Seca tank instead with the indentation...about 1/8th the price, same look, and I've been told they fit.

The forks actually have a lot of travel, but I have to see if I can find the mention of...CR250R springs(?) on here to replace the stock ones for more offroad capability...and I believe I read somewhere that someone swapped an XR250R rear shock into a Virago, I have an XR400R shock that I could rebuild and see if it would work (same geometry frame) but right now I can't remember if I can remote-reservoir the shock since I don't think it'll fit otherwise.

Anywho...let's try and keep this going so I can feed my addiction! hahaha
Welcome to the forum.I must inform you of a forum rule, without pics it didn't happen.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #1320
dakman74
moto-butcher expert

Oddometer: 46
Wicked Thanks for the welcome

Yeah I know...I'm just so used to forums that have easier download functions, like Thumpertalk. And I tried to put a small pic of it as my signature...