User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Rammer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Question 3D 2N recommendations in Northern Vietnam

Does anyone have any experience with a short 3 day, 2 night motorcycle trip out of Hanoi?I'm trying to organize something for 3/8 afternoon -3/11 evening.

I've spoken to Flamingo Travel and Cuong's and both recommend one of these options--Mai Chau ride there & back; one way train to or from Sapa and ride the other direction; take train to Sapa both directions and ride for 3 days around Sapa. Does anyone have any experience with these options? Any other suggestions or recommendations?

One caveat, the train from Sapa gets back at 5:30am and my flight out is at 8:30am. Tight, but the guy at Cuong's reassures me its doable. Has anyone tried this?

Really appreciate any input/experience.

Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Hmmmn are you currently riding in Vietnam at the moment? It took me about 3 days to get to grips with Hanoi on a bike, So much fun Depends what your looking for really. How much of Vietnam have you seen already? The roads around Sapa are really nice, great quality the villages/Hill people are worth a look for sure. But dammn that train is a mission sleeping pills and alcohol the only way to fix that train. What sort of bike are you on? And the futher north you go the colder its going to be, Have you got really warm gear with you? The teared rice feilds arent really green and picturesque this time of year but stlll amazing friendly people

In only 3 days I'd spend 1 in Hanoi eat some snakes? ride around Hanois' affluent districts and its slums Then take a day out to Halong Bay and then a day to Mai Chau ??
ShaneBaby is offline   Reply With Quote