Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #1696
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
He's 22nd in the 450's this year (and finished 18th last year in the Lites East), so I doubt he is going to be very "disruptive" in the 250's.

- Mark
He might get a good start and take Deano out.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #1697
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
^^^^^ this. You just never know.
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1698
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Zack Bell was out of shape on that jump from start to finish and was in the process of folding under pressure plain and simple and thats why he went down - I don't care what the goat (just ask him but not me cos he aint) says's - sometimes goat talks without thinking. as in quite often.
Zack was NOT under pressure! He had a solid lead and no one trying to pass him. He crashed alone. And you speak of talking without thinking...

Quote:
getting my first good look at the Zack Bell crash from last week and seeing him hit the ground like that, you really get a good insight to just how inept the Asterisk Medical crews are. here get on the back of the UV we'll give you a lift back. great precautionary measures for the possible head and neck injury.

such professional medical attention!
So you get your first good look at the crash on a TV replay, and you are qualified to say he has a possible head and/or neck injury? Your medical degree is in what specifically? Internet Asshat-edness?

And then you rave, AGAIN, about how cool and badass Reed is for getting back on the bike after his big off in the outdoors. Wasn't that fall just like Zack Bells? Hitting the ground from 30 feet up? Couldn't he have had a head or neck injury?

At least Bell didn't jump back on the bike right that second like Reed did! But if he had maybe he'd be your hero instead of Asterisk being your scapgoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
This. Except it goes back 3 years, makes it hard to tell if someone can't catch and pass or if they just don't think it's worth pushing that little bit extra. They're doing the series point math as they race.

If RV1 was doing the season points in his head as he rode, why didn't he realize that making up 2 points a round on Millsaps isn't going to win him a title?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #1699
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post

If RV1 was doing the season points in his head as he rode, why didn't he realize that making up 2 points a round on Millsaps isn't going to win him a title?
That's kind of my point, he realized 3 more points also wasn't going to win him the title. I think his mindset is just to do as good as possible without taking the kind of risks he would have a couple of years back, trying to push past Stewart would have been a HUGE risk. Yeah, he knows WSBK was won by 1/2 a point. (I think?)

After watching interviews with several of these top guys I get the idea almost all of them have decided they don't earn points laying in a hospital bed. I believe we all like to see racers pushing the edge, running 110% makes an exciting show but week after week it takes it's toll and the last man standing wins and we start complaining about lack of competition and want an asterisk beside that season.

Except 'Flug, he wants no more Asterisk

Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #1700
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,119
Quote:
Zack was NOT under pressure! He had a solid lead and no one trying to pass him. He crashed alone. And you speak of talking without thinking...
try to keep up. nobody was passing Zack when Zack went down and goat said the reason he did was because his front wheel wasn't rotating?
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #1701
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
try to keep up. nobody was passing Zack when Zack went down and goat said the reason he did was because his front wheel wasn't rotating?
You going to figure that out one day???

Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1702
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
You going to figure that out one day???

christ I did make a mess out of that.

lets try again. I am of the opinion that the heat race crash Zack Bell had at Atlanta one of the 2 jumps that had near vertical take off's while he was being passed by Musquin to his left after which Ricky C stated it was caused by the lack of front wheel roation, that the reason he crashed had nothing to do with the front wheel rotation or lack thereof, he simply screwed up. he was all out of shape in body position, line of trajectory relative to the track, etc and his attempt at navigating that obstacle and the hair turn right after it was doomed and the situation compounded by Musquin breathing down his neck. I think goats great insight that it happend due to the front wheel not turning is bullshit. Zack Bell fell down went boom. It happens.

this is not to be confused with Zack Bells big get off the previous week in Dallas where there was nobody breathing down his neck, though some people obviously have.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1703
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
Internet Asshat-edness?

Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1704
ADK OP
it's casual

Oddometer: 8,172
Cool2

ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #1705
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice chart from RacerX
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #1706
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
Nice chart from RacerX
Yep, that's about right.
One BIG ASS Mistake America
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #1707
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:

So you get your first good look at the crash on a TV replay, and you are qualified to say he has a possible head and/or neck injury?

And then you rave, AGAIN, about how cool and badass Reed is for getting back on the bike after his big off in the outdoors. Wasn't that fall just like Zack Bells? Hitting the ground from 30 feet up? Couldn't he have had a head or neck injury?

At least Bell didn't jump back on the bike right that second like Reed did!
maybe thats a good indication that Bell had his rung and Reed didn't.

no Reeds fall wan't like Bells and yes I can tell from TV that Bell had POSSIBLE head/neck trauma and should have been treated as such.

to get a good look at just how clueless asterisk is watch Reeds Millville crash. if the yellow UV had been a few feet closer Reed might have landed on it.

so what does asterisk do? they pull up in a second UV (I'm assuming the first one was not asterisk) and park it next to the first one.

a bike and rider just almost landed on a UV on a very big jump and asterisk being totally clueless but thinking they are "part of the race" decides that just in case another rider loses it on that jump we'll double his chances of hitting a UV, just in case.

asterisk = fekking morons.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #1708
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

That wasn't just any big jump. It is the "Chadapult".

And again, pretty sure that your posts that have text and not pictures are an attempt at trolling. But hey, different strokes right...

SigPig screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 09:14 PM
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #1709
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
That wasn't just any big jump. It is the "Chadapult".

And again, pretty sure that your posts that have text and not pictures are an attempt at trolling. But hey, different strokes right...
to some degree they are an attempt at trolling but don't think for a second that they aren't %100 based on what I believe. I've been fascinated with MX since 1971. in the 80's when I was in the navy my exposure to the sport was mostly grocery store magazine stands. but I wasn't any less pre occupied with it. I may not be able to ride it anymore but I still eat sleep and breath it.

yes I think RC is not worthy of title goat. I also think he's a horrible broadcaster and commentator to put it nicely he sucks at it. Shaheen is better so there I said it. I also think asterisk sucks at what they do. disagree all you want but if EMT's picked somebody up like a sack of potatos who just wadded up a street bike there would be lawsuits. I'm not saying they don't mean well and in some cases quick action is required but only some. you err to the side of caution when dealing with head and neck and thats what a lot of these have the potential to be. thats why they make spine boards! turns out Reed had a broken back at Dallas in 2012 and the guy did pick him up and run across the track with him. multiple broken bones. like most other things in life asterisk has a lot of room for improvement. god forbid somebody points that out.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #1710
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4her View Post
I would not count Stewart out. James is back on a good bike and I think he has something to prove.