Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #841
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
SASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASASA South America...
If/When I make the funding happen, I'll be there in a heart beat.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'd like to do it right. Get some better equipment and maybe take a few introductory classes to photography, filming, etc.

I guess I'd better start counting my pennies.
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #842
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,739
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post
If/When I make the funding happen, I'll be there in a heart beat.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'd like to do it right. Get some better equipment and maybe take a few introductory classes to photography, filming, etc.

I guess I'd better start counting my pennies.
What better equipment.. blasphemy!!!
Uh huh.. I'm gonna order Rossetta Stone sooon and get speaking the language.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #843
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
si quieres empesamos ahora.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #844
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,081
Quote:
He's probably referring to new underwear and socks....
Old 02-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #845
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
I think I've got a pirated version around here I could toss your way. Or you could be a stand up citizen and, you know, PAY for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
si quieres empesamos ahora.
Mmhmm.... yes.... Ohh..... I know some of these words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
He's probably referring to new underwear and socks....
Socks and panties for sure. My helmet is no longer safe due to a giant header burn, my jacket has been repaired multiple times, and my boots need to be retired. My engine needs a rebuild, along with a backup engine I've recently inherited (that is currently up near you, Foole). My dry bag and IMS tank both leak, my luggage rack needs to either be rebuilt or beefed up. My laptop is on it's last leg. My tent is glued together, my sleeping bag has lost a good chunk of it's loft, and my therma-rest is in dire need of a size reduction.

I could keep going. I really could. But I think my point has been made. It's not JUST that I'm hard on these things, it's that I've been hard on them every day. For over a year. Some things, like my therma rest and sleeping bag, have been with me since day one, even before the Alaskan Impact.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #846
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 654
thermorest

Alex,
I'll send you a thermorest if you get off your ass and get back out there!!!
Seriously I'll start this up! You saw how muck extra gear I have and don't use!
I'm sure alot of us have a bunch of extra gear to help a brother out to get back on the road. I'd rather see it being used and abused versus sitting in a box in my storage container! I know you will cringe, call me out, and bitch slap me for the charity! Honestly though, you know how we all are, we would rather ride than sit and work, if we can't ride and report, you must take our place!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #847
fadingfastsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Hey Filthy Nomad, I'm ready to get started on our project as soon as you show up. I know you're having trouble right now and not happy with the overall situation. Just take it one day at a time and focus on getting the leg operational again. As soon as you can get out here, you have 2 separate Grist Compounds to take over now. And this time....I'm not missing out on any riding with you. We're gonna have a few shorter trips planned, and knock em out of the park. Whit says hi, and we're all waiting for you and here for anything you need, anytime. You gotta make Thanksgiving again this year! I actually think Billy Goat Grist enjoyed having the traveling hobo in his castle for awhile!

Talk to ya soon bud. I'll update you after this Mexico ride next week.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #848
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parepin View Post

Socks and panties for sure. My helmet is no longer safe due to a giant header burn, my jacket has been repaired multiple times, and my boots need to be retired. My engine needs a rebuild, along with a backup engine I've recently inherited (that is currently up near you, Foole). My dry bag and IMS tank both leak, my luggage rack needs to either be rebuilt or beefed up. My laptop is on it's last leg. My tent is glued together, my sleeping bag has lost a good chunk of it's loft, and my therma-rest is in dire need of a size reduction.

I could keep going. I really could. But I think my point has been made. It's not JUST that I'm hard on these things, it's that I've been hard on them every day. For over a year. Some things, like my therma rest and sleeping bag, have been with me since day one, even before the Alaskan Impact.
I got a lot of old and not so old gear your welcome to, most of it in good to great condition. PM me if'n you're interested.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #849
novaboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Dude I have an old BMW Savanah 2 jacket I can send to you, its just a shell with armour, no liner. I'm 6ft 180lbs. If it fits I can throw it in the mail. Consider it a Canadian donation to the cause.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #850
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

I've also got some old underwear and condoms I'll pass along....
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #851
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaboy View Post
Dude I have an old BMW Savanah 2 jacket I can send to you, its just a shell with armour, no liner. I'm 6ft 180lbs. If it fits I can throw it in the mail. Consider it a Canadian donation to the cause.
I love the camaraderie around here. I'll hafta do a full evaluation and get a christmas list going when I get back to the other coast. I'll consider donations when I've got some new material to post. Can't get something for nothing, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
I've also got some old underwear and condoms I'll pass along....
I would hope that you would have the common courtesy to at least turn them inside out and rinse them out. Either way, they'll be much appreciated. This inside-out Milky Way wrapper is really starting to chafe.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #852
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
Awwww you still have it.....
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #853
DelHess
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Dude we've been getting something for nothing. Not the other way around. I bet if everybody chips in 25 bucks for the book that this thread has become you'd be pretty well off. At least if you didn't spend it all on weed :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
DelHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #854
Parepin OP
The Filthy Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelHess View Post
Dude we've been getting something for nothing. Not the other way around. I bet if everybody chips in 25 bucks for the book that this thread has become you'd be pretty well off. At least if you didn't spend it all on weed :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Don't you go telling me what to do with my finances. You're not my real Dad.

I get what you're saying, though. And there's been others that have made that same point. I have a hard time making it right in my head, though. In reality, all I'm doing is fucking off and riding around, avoiding "Real Life". I can't have others pony up the cash for me to float by without something tangible to contribute. I may go this route at some point, and to be honest I almost did relatively recently, but when/if I do it will be in exchange for prints or some such. Signed, framed, all that jazz.

I've actually gotten quite a bit out of this whole experience, Not just the ride, but posting it on ADV and getting to meet so many like minded folks.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #855
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,739
Thumb

Yo mang you are contributing... believe me!
And as far as REAL LIFE..................... you are in the middle of it!
Thanx for everything you've shared.
Since giving freely, aka keeping the energy flowing, is a big part of the puzzle, your giving others a chance to reap the benies of this simple truth.
Wooot Wooot ride on!!!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote