I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE!
ABC #12947
'75 R90S
craydds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,945
If no fuel enters the bottom end how is the oil carried throughout to lube the moving parts? I 've read of separately oiled sealed bearings for the outer crank bearings but what about rod, big,and little end, and cyl. walls.?
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy View Post
If no fuel enters the bottom end how is the oil carried throughout to lube the moving parts? I 've read of separately oiled sealed bearings for the outer crank bearings but what about rod, big,and little end, and cyl. walls.?
oil gets injected via the throttle body, similar to the old oil injection setups, so i would assume that the gas tank would be just straight gas and not premix? just speculatin' on that though... this is coming from a guy with 2 oil injected street legal kawasaki smokers...LOL
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #19
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,945
With nothing but air in the bottom end the oil would not get dispersed to the needed points and it would eventually keep building up . The fuel was used to deliver the oil and also carry it away on each stroke. thus the smoke. Is there some kind of oil less ring technology going on here?
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #20
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloneyskin daddy View Post
With nothing but air in the bottom end the oil would not get dispersed to the needed points and it would eventually keep building up . The fuel was used to deliver the oil and also carry it away on each stroke. thus the smoke. Is there some kind of oil less ring technology going on here?
doesnt seem to be a real issue with my kawasaki...the fuel i straight gas, no oil, injection pump sends oil into the intake tract post carb, as well as sends some straight to the crank bearings...they have been doing it that way since the 60s, so i would assume it will work fine?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,506
I agree with bogieboy. There is a lot more than air moving around in your crankcase. It is actually pretty tight in there. So what little oil collects gets squished, flung and generally misted by the crank. Then it ends up being burned with the air charge. IIRC my old KE125 auto lube pumped oil straight into the crankcase. But even the BRP direct injected Etec outboards simply pressure lube the bearings then whatever little oil that collects gets misted and burned. So that Ossa injecting oil into the crankcase seems perfectly rational to me because my first bike did that almost forty years ago.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
I agree with bogieboy. There is a lot more than air moving around in your crankcase. It is actually pretty tight in there. So what little oil collects gets squished, flung and generally misted by the crank. Then it ends up being burned with the air charge. IIRC my old KE125 auto lube pumped oil straight into the crankcase. But even the BRP direct injected Etec outboards simply pressure lube the bearings then whatever little oil that collects gets misted and burned. So that Ossa injecting oil into the crankcase seems perfectly rational to me because my first bike did that almost forty years ago.
Yes, the ke125 used the same system. Pumped oil right into the crankcase at the rotary valve, in addition to pumping straight to the crank bearings, as i already said...LOL i was shocked how little room there is when i cracked open the cases on my f11, which uses the same autolube system...realistically the only open space in the cases is the underside of the piston, and the space in front and back of the con rod.