I want one
mwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRZ View Post
I've seen in above photo's trials type tire on rear. Some of the rides I do on PA are slick and was wondering anyones thoughts, which make and model, if they likes it or not, how they handle, ect? If a tubeless will go on with the use of a tube and how difficult they are to mount? Also the bike came with one rimlock are two required? I'm not a particularly fast rider, I preffer single track but I enjoy hopping ditches, logs and such.
If you are on slick wet dirt/mud, forget about a trials tire. A Bridgestone 404 rear running tubliss at 8psi is a lot more versatile.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #18
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Tubeliss??

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
If you are on slick wet dirt/mud, forget about a trials tire. A Bridgestone 404 rear running tubliss at 8psi is a lot more versatile.
Tubeliss, so I can convert my rim to tubeliss setup? Did you do this only for the rear tire and run a tube on the front? Sounds cool, who manufactures the kit you used?
Tell me more!
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #19
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Tubeliss, so I can convert my rim to tubeliss setup? Did you do this only for the rear tire and run a tube on the front? Sounds cool, who manufactures the kit you used?
Tell me more!
It wasn't a misspelling, the name of the company is Tubliss

Just follow the installation directions to a T and dump in about half a cup of Stan's sealant into the tire and about a 1/4 cup into the bladder and you'll be in like flynn. As of now I only run it in the rear, but I'll probably be doing both ends soon enough.

I got a puncture flat which put about a 3/8" hole in my tire and I didn't even notice it was flat until I got back to the truck. To fix is all I did was stuff in two plugs and another 1/4 cup of Stan's and it was good to go.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oil and filter help!

Ok, managed to get 1/2 hour of riding in (in the snow), now time for an oil change; my dealer is having trouble getting filters, the reccomended oil I can't find in New York! Of course I still don't have a manual from Husqvarna yet but internet tells me use Castrol Power 1 10w-50 which doesn't seem to exist in USA. Who's using what oil out there and where are you getting filters?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
bmah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Oil filter

The TE310 uses the same oil filter as does the Honda CRF250x, HiFlo HF116, I believe is the right number. Those filters are readily available.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #22
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
The TE310 uses the same oil filter as does the Honda CRF250x, HiFlo HF116, I believe is the right number. Those filters are readily available.
BMAH thank's, have you been able to locate the 10w-50 castrol? I've checked all my local auto stores I guess I will try bike shops next then net.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
2012 te310 with 168 miles on it. is IT WORTH THE $6800 the guy is asking?
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #24
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
2012 te310 with 168 miles on it. is IT WORTH THE $6800 the guy is asking?
Seems high to me, but I don't know what your regional market is like. There is a 2012 TE250 for sale locally with 75 miles for a grand less. I'll bet it is worth it on grins alone, but you can probably do better price wise.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #25
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

TE310r oil change, is there a screen??

I was able to find Spectrol 10w-50 so thats what went in, rather pricy at $16 qt. The bike has a drain plug with magnet which had a little black on it. I'm guessing typical breakin no metal shavings. I wasn't able to get the oil sump hose fitting off it's a 12mm I think and my wrench seemed to want to strip it so I'll pick up a new 12mm for the task. I wanted to look to see if there is a pickup screen behind the fitting that needs cleaning!
Does anyone knows on the 2013 model if this screen exists?? (still haven't recieved owners manual) I'm also trying to purchase the shop manual but Husqvarna isn't replying to my dealer, maybe lag due to new ownership. Pretty quick easy job maybe took one glass of wine (too cold for beer still snow on ground).
Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Next question/ airfilter removal?

Ok removed seat, the electrical wire were tight across the air filter. after an hour of removing panels plugs ect.. made enough slack so that wires could be moved aside without having to unplug 3 plugs. While I was there I also taped up some battery connection that were close to the frame.
Ok now onto air filter removal, removed battery and platic bracket for battery and regardless of what I tried the filter seems larger than the hole I should be removing it through! Along with the correct manual maybe they forgot to send my the magical pixy dust to shrink the filter?
Anyone have advice?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #27
PK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Just picked up a new 2012 a few weeks ago.

I've only had it out for a few miles on road but so far so good.

Light, nimble, and responsive. It is a very different bike from my DR 350.
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #28
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok removed seat, the electrical wire were tight across the air filter. after an hour of removing panels plugs ect.. made enough slack so that wires could be moved aside without having to unplug 3 plugs. While I was there I also taped up some battery connection that were close to the frame.
Ok now onto air filter removal, removed battery and platic bracket for battery and regardless of what I tried the filter seems larger than the hole I should be removing it through! Along with the correct manual maybe they forgot to send my the magical pixy dust to shrink the filter?
Anyone have advice?
Can you rotate the filter 90* and "roll" it out towards where the battery used to be?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
sceep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
I'll bite! I've had a 2009 TE310 that has served me well for two seasons. I just bought it's replacement but absolutely loved the bike and would recommend it to anyone.

^^ i bought his.

had 50 miles of fun on it last weekend.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Damn what a Husky crew!

What octane did you end up running? Please keep this thread updated!

Either is is the camera angle or it looks like you fixed the subframe.