Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Monkey Butt OP
Rusty

Oddometer: 75
Melb day ride Sat 9th March Marysville to Jamieson via Kevington Hotel (lunch)

Hi Guys,

I am planning a day trip on Saturday (weather dependant) The ride will suit all type of ADV bikes. I would recommend knobby type tyres for the big girls above 800cc and heavy duty tubes as the area is rocky. The tracks will be relatively easy for experienced riders on big bikes and easy for beginners on small ADV/TRAIL Machines, however you will need to have some dirt experience.

The ride will DEPART from Marysville bakery at 8.30am and if you are travelling up from Warburton make sure you are at Cumberland Junction at 9.00 am and we will meet you on the way through. Lunch will be at Kevington Hotel near Jamieson and there is fuel at Jamieson.

The ride will include Big River Rd, Mt Terrible, Woods Point and plenty of help will be given to the beginners willing to step up and ride some trails instead of just gravel roads. I will be taking it easy as I am still getting over injuries after an altercation with a kangaroo a few months ago so this ride will not be a race and did I mention I am very unfit so dont be intimidated just come along and have a good time.

Depending on experience and size of group will ultimately determine the days itinerary, however we will be in the saddle for some time and I estimate we will cover around 200 klms of dirt for the day. There are exit points along the way for riders that want to cut the ride short. A minimum of 150 klm fuel range will be needed and come with a sense of humour as I have a terrible sence of direction.

Please let me know if you are coming and feel free to ask if you have any questions about the day.

Cheers Russ.

Monkey Butt screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 07:32 PM
Monkey Butt is offline   Reply With Quote