Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
Simosez
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4daride View Post
too wet around here, we're gonna wimp out, and save it for a more suitable day. Think I'll go have a coffee and talk about what an adventurous rider i am!!
that would make a good sig line
Simosez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simosez View Post
that would make a good sig line

Just back from a spin on the RT, after two weeks on the fully loaded 1700 voyager need to clear the head. It's not really that bad , just a wet fog
CrazyZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #33
Rus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
It was pretty soggy at Wisemans this morning. I headed out of the city at 6am through some drizzle, but it got heavier towards Wisemans.

I took the main ferry heading north and the waterfall on the facing cliff was spilling quickly, which I hadn't seen before. I turned left to St Albans, to head up to the Watagans, and the road had plenty of water and new erosion ruts and potholes.

The first causeway was much deeper than I'd experienced before, and the second was flowing quickly. I had to turn back not long afterwards as the road was flooded & I couldn't tell how deep it was, nor did I want to find out as I was on my own.

Better than staying in bed though!
Rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #34
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
road ride this sunday

The Blue Mountains Bikers are meeting at the Full Throttle Cafe, Hartley, Sunday 10th, 9am for 9.30am departure. Riding to Taralga pub via Oberon. be fully fueled.
There is usually a wide range of road bikes and riders with this group. All welcome.
live4daride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #35
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Easter Adv ride

Easter weekend, 4 days to get to Omeo and back, via as much dirt as possible.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #36
AlSheehan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyZ9 View Post
Just back from a spin on the RT, after two weeks on the fully loaded 1700 voyager need to clear the head. It's not really that bad , just a wet fog
Where'd you go on the Voyager, Pat?

Al.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #37
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Easter Adv ride

I haven't got a map in front of me at the moment, but the discussed route planned so far, weather permitting, is loosely:
Fri,cross the Cowmung, down to Wombean caves road across to Mittagong. find a way to Nowra, then to Braidwood, then maybe to Moruya via Araluen (how good is that road!!!)to stay the night.

Next day to Cowra, Barry Way till the southern end of the dirt section then take a right onto the dirt way to Omeo, with a bit of exploring on the side time permitting. Looking forward to getting into Victorian mountains again

Not sure which way we'll come back yet, but we know there is a few fun options. Probably culminating in coming through Tumut, Wee Jasper. It will depend on how we feel, time etc, but we will be aiming for as much dirt as practical.
All welcome.

So far, 2 x DR650s, KTM 640, a 690 and HUSQ TE610. Mixed group, one newish to dirt, others have gone across the simpson. We're aiming for 4 days, but if people can only make it for part of it, that's fine, we're all fairly relaxed.

live4daride screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 02:27 PM Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #38
D_A
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
If you're looking to take a break in Cowra, check out the Rose Garden cafe on the western side of the bridge. The prices are reasonable and the meals are well sized. It's not gourmet cuisine but it's substantially better than the McDonalds behind it.
D_A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #39
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSheehan View Post
Where'd you go on the Voyager, Pat?

Al.

Done the usual super bike trip, with a week or so getting home, better than last year we only had one wet day, have got near 10,000 k's on the voyager since the end of august and settling in with it, but it's nice to get back on something sportie every now and then, going up to north QLD next month on the voyager, going up to marybough with some Ulysses friends, then we are keeping going north, thinking of selling the RT, 8 bikes in the garage is OK but 9 is a pain in the arss, if you know anyone who wants one I don't want a lot for it, it has over 130,000 k's so it an't worth much, what have you been up to AL hav'nt seen you around for a while.

Pat D
CrazyZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #40
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday 17th March

Anyone got any plans for this Sunday?
Hoping to get out and enjoy the day.

Doesn't have to be from Blue Mountains

I'll be heading out regardless if anyone wants to organise something with me.
All things going to plan, I'll be on a Husky 610, and Damo on a new DR650
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #41
AlSheehan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyZ9 View Post
Done the usual super bike trip, with a week or so getting home, better than last year we only had one wet day, have got near 10,000 k's on the voyager since the end of august and settling in with it, but it's nice to get back on something sportie every now and then, going up to north QLD next month on the voyager, going up to marybough with some Ulysses friends, then we are keeping going north, thinking of selling the RT, 8 bikes in the garage is OK but 9 is a pain in the arss, if you know anyone who wants one I don't want a lot for it, it has over 130,000 k's so it an't worth much, what have you been up to AL hav'nt seen you around for a while.

Pat D
Been very quiet Pat. Probably had at least a month off the bike with 2 infected feet. Long story and not pretty. I've done a couple of short rides to keep the cobwebs out, but basically busy catching up on stuff I couldn't do with crook feet.

Al.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #42
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Overnight ride. 20th 21st April

I hope the Easter weekend went well for everyone.
3 of us made our way down to Orbost, Victoria and back over the 4 days. I got 2 flats in the space of a couple of hours. so that is the last time I knock Scotty 4x4 about his ill fortune.
I've forgotten just how awesome the Victorian mountain ranges are. Great fun, for any type of dirt or road bike.

We also found lots of interesting dirt options down the tablelands way paralleling the road to Taralga, some of which we would like to explore more.

Details are yet to be sorted, but the idea is to spend a day getting some where down that way, possibly getting to Braidwood or over to Crookwell, find a cheap pub and come back the next day.

Should be around 300klm with the emphasis of staying on dirt.

Anyone else keen for some fun??
Old 04-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #43
Scotty4x4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4daride View Post
I hope the Easter weekend went well for everyone.
3 of us made our way down to Orbost, Victoria and back over the 4 days. I got 2 flats in the space of a couple of hours. so that is the last time I knock Scotty 4x4 about his ill fortune.
I've forgotten just how awesome the Victorian mountain ranges are. Great fun, for any type of dirt or road bike.

We also found lots of interesting dirt options down the tablelands way paralleling the road to Taralga, some of which we would like to explore more.

Details are yet to be sorted, but the idea is to spend a day getting some where down that way, possibly getting to Braidwood or over to Crookwell, find a cheap pub and come back the next day.

Should be around 300klm with the emphasis of staying on dirt.

Anyone else keen for some fun??
I'm never gonna live that down.. Aha.

I'm always keen for fun. Pretty busy most of April tho
Scotty4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #44
Not for Highway Use
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 990

Legend in my own Control Panel
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #45
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Due to other commitments. No overnighter this weekend.

But, on Sunday we'll be going from Bells line, up around St Albans and back.

Meeting at 'Fresh' Cafe in Katoomba st, Katoomba 8am to leave at 8.30 and meet up with another at Bell weigh Station at 9.

Anzac day we're going out to Sunny Corner.

April 27, 28th possibly an overnighter some where. will work it out as we get closer.