Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Stumblebike OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Ride plan help in D'Aguliar Nat Park?

Guys,
I am planning a Kilcoy - Split Yard Creek portion of a longer ride and I have never been through the forest before. I would like to go from Kilcoy into the D'Agular forest and come out onto NorthBrook Path way or Wivenhoe Somerset Rd

It will be part of a Gympie - Port Macquarie but I have a lot of the rest planned out.

We hope to be coming through Kilcoy Saturday 9th March any GPX plots or advice would be really helpful.

I will be on a couple Xchallenges so avoiding bitumen anywhere possible but not too crazy as i sill have a few days ride to follow.

Cheers Guys

"Time flies when having fun" I think this day will never end.
Stumblebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,781
trans australia tracks

from Kilcoy to NorthBrook Path way or Wivenhoe Somerset Rd has to be bitumen. all the dirt roads that branch off are dead ends.

but a few km north of kilcoy you have some great options, especially if you come down via imbil, kennilworth, bellthorpe then jimna. you should be able to stitch something together from the southeast qld tracks on the site above.

if you really want to avoid bitumen, you'd want to do something like imbil, kandanga, east nanango state forest, blackbutt or maidenwell, lockyer state forest etc.

B1 screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 04:50 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Hardhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
trans australia tracks

from Kilcoy to NorthBrook Path way or Wivenhoe Somerset Rd has to be bitumen. all the dirt roads that branch off are dead ends.

but a few km north of kilcoy you have some great options, especially if you come down via imbil, kennilworth, bellthorpe then jimna. you should be able to stitch something together from the southeast qld tracks on the site above.

if you really want to avoid bitumen, you'd want to do something like imbil, kandanga, east nanango state forest, blackbutt or maidenwell, lockyer state forest etc.
As above and you may be able to utilise the Western or Eastern Branch Roads around Mt Stanley but that will depend on how many river crossings got washed away. From there you can get into the Blackbutt forestry and from there its the Anduramba Rd which cuts down from Blackbutt and will bring you out about 1/2 way between Toogoolawah and Crowsnest. Plenty of options in either direction from there.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Stumblebike OP
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhead View Post
As above and you may be able to utilise the Western or Eastern Branch Roads around Mt Stanley but that will depend on how many river crossings got washed away. From there you can get into the Blackbutt forestry and from there its the Anduramba Rd which cuts down from Blackbutt and will bring you out about 1/2 way between Toogoolawah and Crowsnest. Plenty of options in either direction from there.
Thanks for the advice I will do some looking further west and contemplate that part of the world.

I know the Gympie - Jimna - Gallangowan part of the forestry. But havn't ventured much west of Kilcoy Murgon RD except for Monsidale.
Looking at the maps Western Branch looks like it links up easier than Eastern branch so might aim at western branch in the planning.

Then off to Crows nest it's an old stamping ground so should be alright around there then as you say piece together the TAT Kilcoy-Crowsnest - woodenbong run.
I think I have a rough plan from Crowsnest - Wirrikimbi but not sure if I can get through to Doyles river state forest. I know there is a gate in there somewhere and I have been told the trails are so overgrown that it is tough going?
I have done Bellbrook - Forbes river rd before (great ride) but I was planning on going further west.

Does anyone know if this trail is open.

Thanks for the advice. and hope the weather improves for your ride

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,490
I would think you will have little chance getting through Western Branch or Linville Rd as complete causeways were washed away a few weeks ago crossing parts of a deep Brisbane River. Ring the copper in Moore or pub in Linville for up to date info.

Better off doing the Nanango Blackbutt route that Hardheaded mentioned otherwise..

How are the X bikes going?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
dog botherer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
causeway probs

Hey stirl, went for a ride last week, couldnt get through either Mt Bugary or kandanga Ck rd due to causeways being over or washed out, have had lots more rain since then and is pouring now today as well. I think there could be some washouts and still fast flowing water by next sat still in all of SEQ. Be prepared for some backtracking. We are away for a week on a conference, but if you put it off for a week or 2, we'll come partway.
Dan
dog botherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
Eddywoodgo
two wheeled nomad

Oddometer: 763
I been in Kandanga all day and it has rained steadily most of the day.
The creeks would have to be rising again.
Eddywoodgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #8
Stumblebike OP
Adventurer

Yeah I have been looking out the window for a week now watching the rain so I am not super confident of all the roads but ringing the Moore cop is a good idea. Cheers.
I am guessing that dust won't be a huge issue.

The X bikes are going great I haven't spent much time on a 690 but at this stag I couldn't be happier with them. Shame they stopped building them. Hopefully now BMW sold husky they might think about an X bike revival. No real problems with either yet. Have only put about 3000km on each. So shouldn't expect a lot.

Pretty locked in for dates to leave Saturday 9th :(

Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebike View Post
The X bikes are going great I haven't spent much time on a 690 but at this stag I couldn't be happier with them. Shame they stopped building them. Hopefully now BMW sold husky they might think about an X bike revival. No real problems with either yet. Have only put about 3000km on each. So shouldn't expect a lot.

Pretty locked in for dates to leave Saturday 9th :(
Good to hear, I did 18000 on mine with no problems.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #10
Eddywoodgo
two wheeled nomad

Oddometer: 763
I spoke with a group of fella's in the kandanga pub sat night. Took them from 11.30am left Kilcoy- 6pm Kandanga. They came Monsonndale road. Photos looked pretty good. crossing washed out and flowing fast.
Eddywoodgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie

Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddywoodgo View Post
I spoke with a group of fella's in the kandanga pub sat night. Took them from 11.30am left Kilcoy- 6pm Kandanga. They came Monsonndale road. Photos looked pretty good. crossing washed out and flowing fast.
An hr ago Lacey's creek on edge of d'agullar

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY

BygDaddee screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 11:14 PM
BygDaddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebike View Post
I am guessing that dust won't be a huge issue.
:(
if it's the same conditions as the last two days you won't hit dust until you get south of glen innes.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote