User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #61
berty
the new guy

Oddometer: 353
worth a try

The woolshed brewery 15ks out of paringa next to renmark i know it's not wine but the beer is like nectar cider is good if you like it dry
berty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #62
berty
the new guy

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knackers View Post
Wendouree is a nice drop from the Clare but you have to be on their mailing list.

They have some of the best looking crops this season picked the mataro and shiraz and grenache full bunches nice flavours
berty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #63
Stuart T
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Found this little beauty while motorcycle touring through NSW. http://www.robertstein.com.au/pages/...le-Museum.html Wine and bikes, always a good combination in the correct order.
A great concept we found in Tas was in the Tamar Valley. You buy whatever wines you want at the first winery, get given a box, take it on to successive wineries until full. Last winery arranges the delivery of the box, thus saving the poor rider having to decide which winery he/she wanted to buy a whole box from.

As for the toppest drop in Australia, I'll just continue the never ending quest. Gapstead winery near Myrtleford has a really interesting range making a mixed box purchase a must Leconfield in the Coonawarra is always keen to damage the bank balance, so much so they just ring me directly.

2002 BMW R1150GS Adventure

...somewhere down under....
Stuart T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #64
OzJuJu OP
Team Barracuda

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart T View Post
Found this little beauty while motorcycle touring through NSW. http://www.robertstein.com.au/pages/...le-Museum.html Wine and bikes, always a good combination in the correct order.
A great concept we found in Tas was in the Tamar Valley. You buy whatever wines you want at the first winery, get given a box, take it on to successive wineries until full. Last winery arranges the delivery of the box, thus saving the poor rider having to decide which winery he/she wanted to buy a whole box from.

As for the toppest drop in Australia, I'll just continue the never ending quest. Gapstead winery near Myrtleford has a really interesting range making a mixed box purchase a must Leconfield in the Coonawarra is always keen to damage the bank balance, so much so they just ring me directly.
That is a cool site!

I think a ride may be in order from McLaren Vale, Mildura, Orange, Mudgee (the Museum) then back through Rutherglen, Milawa, Pyrenees and Great Western
Old 03-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #65
Hardhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
That is a cool site!

I think a ride may be in order from McLaren Vale, Mildura, Orange, Mudgee (the Museum) then back through Rutherglen, Milawa, Pyrenees and Great Western
Add the King Valley, Nagambie and Heathcote in there and you'd get some good riding in as well.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,542
Im kinda spoilt I guess.

Needs to be a tipping point with wine - drink for taste or effect.

For taste - Red wine non blend and value - Cant beat the Yellowtail Stoddard Trophy Shiraz - You cant bey the 2003 anymore I believe - but the 2008 should be ready for general release - Stunning Wines and extremely reasonable price - sub $40 / Bottle.

For consistent value and taste - Any of the Jacobs Creek Reserve Range.

Whites - Sauv Blanc is the Flavour of the Decade it seems - Chardonnay is coming back a little - in truth the Kiwis have the best Sauv Blanc on the planet by a long short kick - dont go near any Sem Sav - waste of money.

A lot of Boutique Wines are blends made from established growers fruits - and just labelled as a trendy thing - Harking back to Yellowtail Wines - good consistent stuff at sub $9 - but if you want the same stuff cheaper you can have it under the banner of their Crate 31 range .... Same stuff different price

If you get the chance throw $15 at a bottle of Bunnamagoo estate Shiraz

I sometimes reference this site .. enjoy

http://www.crackawines.com.au/

slowbike smallpenis screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 02:28 PM
slowbike smallpenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #67
notsoslow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
[QUOTE=slowbike smallpenis;20855984

For taste - Red wine non blend and value - Cant beat the Yellowtail Stoddard Trophy Shiraz - You cant bey the 2003 anymore I believe - but the 2008 should be ready for general release - Stunning Wines and extremely reasonable price - sub $40 / Bottle.

If you get a chance a tour of Cassella wines where the yellow tail is made is a must see. The bottling line pumps out something like 39,000 bottles an hour, and the tank farm with untold number of 1.2 million litre tanks. The family has now started its own brewery as well as shot gun shell manufacture plant all at Yenda.
notsoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #68
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoslow View Post

If you get a chance a tour of Cassella wines where the yellow tail is made is a must see. The bottling line pumps out something like 39,000 bottles an hour, and the tank farm with untold number of 1.2 million litre tanks. The family has now started its own brewery as well as shot gun shell manufacture plant all at Yenda.
Yes, had a couple of tours there -

I Couldnt give the first lot of Beer ( Arvo) away however but its now got a niche market -

Smart people the Caseelas - they have sold the Brewing Operation at Yenda to a rather large Soft Drink Beverage Manufacturer - red and white logo - That particular Company had sold off its brewing operation to Tooheys, well the products it was brewing which thay had bought from John Singleton - Blue Tongue. - Part of the deal was that they were not to brew for 36 months I think - may have been 48, so look out for a few boutique brews from them coming in 2014 and a few established American Lines under License.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #69
OzJuJu OP
Team Barracuda

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsoslow View Post

I know, I installed a lot of it (the Casella wine bottling hall, not the brewery)
I now look after their pump systems in the Vineyards
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #70
GordyOZ
Lesser grey wobbler

Oddometer: 328
I declare myself as a devotee of the fortified red, KRR was celebrated with a Morris liqueur muscat, my choice for the cold flame is Penfolds Special Reserve Tawny. For those with similar taste you just have to have a go at the Lake Breeze Old windmill tawny.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #71
Desertboner
Compulsive obsessive

Oddometer: 83

Four great red wines, three under $20;

1. Paracombe Cabernet Blend 2009 at $18.99 per bottle is an outstanding wine scoring 98 Points at Royal Melbourne Wine Show 2012 which was the highest score at the show!
2. Ringbolt Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 at $19.99 great with a steak
3. Mount Langi Cliff Edge Shiraz 2009 at $22.99
4. Smidge Houdini McLaren Vale Shiraz 2010 at $16.99
1993 Yamaha YZE 850 Super Ténéré
1985 BMW 1000 GS
Desertboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #72
GordyOZ
Lesser grey wobbler

Oddometer: 328
Boner, that lot could almost force me to start drinking with my tucker, I've had the paracombe and the ringbolt at my olds place, if the other two are as good you've scored a quadrella
Old 03-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #73
nazza
Trouble

Oddometer: 2,294

Scraping the bottom of barrel.. Wine rack. Been thru half a cask of banrock, a Lehman and now this uhoh. It's supposedly mattys sisters wine rack but he says it's his. Who am I to argue? Nice drop.. Omg! 2000 if u can't see it.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #74
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,436
Hey Naz, tell Matty that if he's got any more of that 2000 merlot left, bring it along to the Classic and we'll colour the onions with it and marinate the steak....too bad we don't do chips on the Saturday night or we could use it as vinegar too. If this is the crap he's been feeding to you, chase me up when you get there and we'll find something flavoursome for you to try.....

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #75
PBee

Oddometer: 8,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev View Post
Hey Naz, tell Matty that if he's got any more of that 2000 merlot left, bring it along to the Classic and we'll colour the onions with it and marinate the steak....too bad we don't do chips on the Saturday night or we could use it as vinegar too. If this is the crap he's been feeding to you, chase me up when you get there and we'll find something flavoursome for you to try.....
Nah, don't fuck up the steak & onions with that shite

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote