Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #11
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Flattering

Thank you all for your kind and flattering words.

I have been a little lax in updating the RR since my arrival in Florida.

My bike was supposed to fly on Feb 28th. It didn't. I went to Lan Cargo in Miami, in a taxi, dressed in my bike gear to pick it up on the 1st. No bike. Not there. Rats! I had wanted to ride it to KW to show it to my many friends here.

Lan said the bike would likely arrive Friday night at 11PM, too late to clear Customs which closes at 8PM for the weekend. Then she said to me if i failed to pick up the bike in two days i would be charged storage.

I have worked for several years in the truck transport industry. So I immediately said to her, very kindly and calmly, that I will deduct her storage charges from the considerable costs I will incur, and of course be billing back to them, as a result of their complete service failure. She shut up. There was no more talk about storage.

In the meantime, It's all good. I am in KW, (rented a car) found a room, nearly dropped dead from sticker shock at the price of a room, but it's all good. I went to my favorite place, The Green Parrot, met my friends, Pat, Brig, Chicken, Dani, Kate, Buco, Gary, Lulu, Bobby, Kevin, Art, Bill and Lisa and many others.. Heard an awesome band two afternoons in a row. Got drunk, got sober, got drunk again. Met new friends Dave, Stacey and Valerie and absolutely reveled in being at my home away from home. I am so happy to be here! I love Key West.

Today I will try and find out if Trusty is waiting for me in Miami.

Oh! and I almost forgot to tell you I went to Harpoon Harry's ( a great spot for breakfast) and I had their Harry's Special. That's the one with two eggs, ham, and bacon, and sausages, toast and home fries and I devoured every morsel. First real breakfast since October. Man was it good!

Kedgi screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 05:07 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote