Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 487 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #6136
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
I sense some opportunity for drama if Bird[???] gets spotted platooning with [FYYFF] by his clan.
That was part of the discussion already, no worries, it's cool.

sent from my abacus.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #6137
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,484
We know you're still FYYFF at heart so your clan tag doesn't matter to us.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #6138
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
That was part of the discussion already, no worries, it's cool.

sent from my abacus.
I still get saluted by Legion players of various clans when platooned up with ADV'ers.

The BL is so large (what is it, six full clans' worth of players?) that I think you guys would be surprised at how many "F"s (which stand for "Friend" instead of having a clan tag beside their name) are in the 40-some platooning channels on the Burning Legion TS server at any given time. We clan with whomever we want to pretty easily.

If it wasn't for the FYYFF TS server serving us so well, I bet a few of you would already be registered as Friends on the BL server just to team up.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #6139
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,813
Ok, who tripped over the server cable again? Scheduled maintenance on a bonus weekend?
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #6140
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Ok, who tripped over the server cable again? Scheduled maintenance on a bonus weekend?
LOL.

err... wait - no, not LOL - I am pissed.

We were platooning and had not won with our tier 6's (with my Churchill VII) until that game. Somehow, despite trying to protect base for half the game, I lumbered along a different route than my platoon and cleared EVERYTHING in my path. I was a killing machine, eventually racking up 5 kills and plenty of damage, AND was sitting on cap, when my holed-up platoon mate made the last kill of the game. Score: 9 to 15, and there that satisfying 15th kill was on all our screens - me sitting pretty with plenty of damage on a x3 weekend - and before we see that we won, or anything else happened, BAM - server shut down.

I am doubting that it registered the win. Perhaps that I won at all, and did so well, in such a slow tank shocked the servers. But man, what a crime to lose or draw that excellent game.

------

In other news... that wonderful bar change I did unplugged something. I didn't get to commute on the bike simply because I didn't take the time to even see if the bike ran after replacing all that gear yesterday. Instead of a rush, I found myself on my bike, in full gear, laughing at myself this morning before pushing the bike back, taking the gear off, and driving the truck to work.

I bet the clutch safety switch wiring came unplugged.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #6141
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,360
It will be what it will be......I could use a quick break. Been playing Tier 9 hard in my M103.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #6142
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Logged back in just now.

It was a win, but I don't have the stats for it.

I do have the Mastery Ace tanker award for the tank I see (40th battle with it), so I'm wondering if I just earned it, or if I already had it.

Max destroyed in any Church VII battle was 5, so that could very well have been the game.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #6143
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 631
 photo shot_001_zps544b932c.jpg

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #6144
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

So... Yesterday I bought a T-25/2 TD on sale and transfered my Hellcat crew in to it. OH MY GOD! My first impression is "what a pile of ****" what the bonus income has done for me is allow me not to loose money through the first 20 matches at about 10% win rate. I have realized that it is slow enough that I am pushing like I am in the Hellcat to get to sniping spots, now I am more camping close to base and it is doing better but I am about 5k xp away from the big gun, then I can give you a better review of it when it is fully upgraded.

Things to note with the 25/2:

First module to research is the tracks, you cannot even put a gun rammer on it without them.

seccond should be the turret as you are one of Arty's favorite food group and the cover helps immensely.

Third get the damn gun!

I think the motor can wait untill last, yes you are slow without it especially on hills but maybe that is good training for the next tank.

I was in TS tonight and platooning with some of you all because the clan I am joining was doing clan training and clanwars, so I needed to do some platooning on my own and I greatly appreciate the teamwork.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #6145
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,619
anyone having luck tonight? I havent' played but maybe 3 or 5 games a day last few.
2/9 tonight.
meh. I don't even care.

vwboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #6146
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
anyone having luck tonight? I havent' played but maybe 3 or 5 games a day last few.
2/9 tonight.
meh. I don't even care.
I think today was better to me, finally knocking that funk off that I have had for a few days of royal frustration.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #6147
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
I think today was better to me, finally knocking that funk off that I have had for a few days of royal frustration.
Same, but I platooned with two guys that were, in stats, slightly better than I. We won over 80% of just over 10 games before the server crunched.

------

Sam, the 25/2 isn't all bad, but it ain't stellar, either. You'll come to appreciate its speed once fully upgraded (even to the point of really wondering if you want to go to the extreme slowness of the next in line; the T28 Prototype ), but until then it has no speed.

It has no armor. I really hope your crew got its camo perks from the Hellcat.

It does, however, IIRC have its first gun with only 10 less penetration than its top tier gun. What that means for me the second time I am training the T-25/2 on the other household account is that carrying Gold rounds more than makes up for the second gun for a while. Sure, you may use more than you would with the top gun, but I've found I still don't have to use 100% Gold, and only have to use them against real threats.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #6148
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Same, but I platooned with two guys that were, in stats, slightly better than I. We won over 80% of just over 10 games before the server crunched.

------

Sam, the 25/2 isn't all bad, but it ain't stellar, either. You'll come to appreciate its speed once fully upgraded (even to the point of really wondering if you want to go to the extreme slowness of the next in line; the T28 Prototype ), but until then it has no speed.

It has no armor. I really hope your crew got its camo perks from the Hellcat.

It does, however, IIRC have its first gun with only 10 less penetration than its top tier gun. What that means for me the second time I am training the T-25/2 on the other household account is that carrying Gold rounds more than makes up for the second gun for a while. Sure, you may use more than you would with the top gun, but I've found I still don't have to use 100% Gold, and only have to use them against real threats.
yep, all but the commander are 100% camo, the commander was retrained to 6th sense today, boy that is handy, and is at 80% on camo currently, so yeah almost 100% camo, with the added advantage to know when to move out for incoming arty or some such really is helping me out too.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #6149
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
yep, all but the commander are 100% camo, the commander was retrained to 6th sense today, boy that is handy, and is at 80% on camo currently, so yeah almost 100% camo, with the added advantage to know when to move out for incoming arty or some such really is helping me out too.
I just played my 25/2 again for the x3. One huge benefit is that it seems to have good gun depression, so I was fighting over and mostly around hills from angles IS's and such couldn't easily maneuver against us.

I was lucky to have spawned in with some good Reddit (RDDT) players, so we worked together.

This is with the base gun and first turret, but plenty of gold rounds since I wanted to win. Still, every shot I took was at the sides of tier 7 tanks, only confronting a KV-1 from the front, so regular rounds probably would have worked just as well.

Now I still have the first engines as well. But when I finally got on a long downhill slope, the tank still was hitting in the 50's KPH, so that saved me to sweep past enemies and shoot them on the move (or try to - I missed two of those shots, but it was worth it to not be hit again since I was so low in hitpoints).
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #6150
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,360
Sometimes, I hate it when I have to save a lemming rush from themselves.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: