Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #1696
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
Am I missing it or is there still not a picture of Lyndon on the Front Page??? Seems like with all the great pics it would have been first one up.
Front page hasn't changed since June last year !!

reckon the Mods left the building ?

Gonna post some boobs just to see if they are still there.

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #1697
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
Front page hasn't changed since June last year !!
Mods don't have access! We've used our usual channels to try to get Pyn up there, will keep after it!

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #1698
C-Dub
Clean Air Hog

Oddometer: 788
Thumb Thanks Lyndon!

Lyndon, congratulations on your huge accomplishment and thank you so much for providing a way for us to vicariously live a dream through you! I followed along pretty much the whole time. What size inferno jacket do you wear (I'm about the same size as you I think, I'm 6'4" 210 lbs). Can't wait to see you in the Ramaniacs! Now I just need to get busy tearing down and checking out everything in my 950 and of course I'll be using your thread, like I have so many times in the past!

Thanks so much for your contributions! You are a Renaissance man. Chris

P.S. sorry I couldn't afford to buy that suspension setup for my 950 Adventure from you, but I do have a 2nd interview for a great job next week!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #1699
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,425

Just found this........04:10 one morning, just preparing to leave the Bivouac for a cold ride across the Andes in the Dark!

Huge plug to Klim for my awesome warm weather gear they supplied, my versatile F4 helmet with wind stopper and mouth shield and for remembering safety when designing all their gear. Simply awesome!

Credit to Dad for the photo

My Dakar Rally Experience
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #1700
Katoom119
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyndon View Post
Huge plug to Klim for my awesome warm weather gear they supplied, my versatile F4 helmet with wind stopper and mouth shield and for remembering safety when designing all their gear. Simply awesome!
I've been eyeing those helmets for a while now and seeing that you liked it enough to take it to Dakar I plan on ordering one this spring. My HJC is old enough now it needs to be retired.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #1701
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dakar 2013 Presentation Evenings.......

I've been busy trying to pull all of this together to tell you all about it, please have a read of the post below and let me know your interest, thoughts and ideas.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20672621#post20672621

My KTM 950 Story
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #1702
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Bienvenidos a Santiago de Chile!

DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #1703
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
Pyndon in person in San Francisco to talk about his Dakar run

I'm helping Pyndon organize his SF event, which is happening Friday, April 5th in the early evening. More details here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863236

Daniel

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #1704
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Thumb

Got the Pyndon Klim Inferno jacket some days ago. Hereby announced as my favorite garment per date. Should do well under the Klim Adv suit in a month when snow disappears. Excellent Klim quality and nice design - even better IRL than on pictures
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1705
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,391
So those in the know will have heard some dodgy rumours that Cyril Despres will be on four wheels for Dakar 2014 so there might be a factory 450 Rally going spare at Ktm - just need to find a rider ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here

pebble35 screwed with this post 02-17-2013 at 03:24 PM
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #1706
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cry LPR KTM 450 RR For Sale

9th Place Stage 8, 46th Overall Dakar Rally 2013.............

Ok folks, I've got all my stuff back from South America and have now had chance to resume normal service at home, even if it has gone a bit more mad than normal since returning

Bottom line is, I have a load of finances to sort out as a result of racing the Dakar and want to get everything squared away before committing to anything else. It's too easy to say "yes, I'll go do this" and "yes, I'll do that" and dig the hole even deeper.

It's a super tough decision to make as I know the bike inside out and know it's perfect in every way and is ready for anything. I'm also a little bit attached if I'm honest! Whoever get's it will certainly not be disappointed, I rebuilt the bike from the ground up for the Dakar and it never missed a beat. It's had a ton or work done and it runs perfect, 100% better than when they come from the factory! I also have a full jetting map for altitude & temp that I will hand over with the bike.

Here are a few pictures.......

Before leaving for Le Havre:

Post Scrutineering:

Half way through Rally:

Naked bike (trick black frame and lots of black treated parts):

It looks really nice and got many comments for been the best looking bike in the rally with it's bespoke parts and modifications. It's not been banged up like most you see for sale, and I have enough spares to negotiate whatever spares package you might want / be interested in.

The bike will come exactly as it finished the Dakar (only cleaned ). The only exception will be the wheels, it will come with black Talon / Excel wheels, black hubs, stainless spokes and black rims with Braking wave rotors. These are perfect, they are the wheels I used for the 2012 Rally series in the UK. It has loads of trick parts including, Cyril Despres bar end weights and bearing run throttle tube assembly for reduced rider fatigue, full carb vent filter kit, re-routed and protected fuel lines, carb modifications, cycra hand guards, blue hose kit, yada yada.....

Suspension is full OTR as used in the Dakar (with new fork bottoms!! ) can be sprung exactly how you want it, just let me know your weight etc. and we'll get it near before shipping. The engine was a brand new factory engine before the Dakar so has only done Dakar mileage.

Other than the odd scratch and scrape the bike is not bent or twisted in any way. No dents or bashes, if it needed something new on Dakar it got it.

Bike on it's own, with all Nav gear, GPS brackets and wiring etc. (over 1000 worth) just as it finished the race 26,000 GBP. Genuine offers may be considered, depending on amount of interest and package / spares discussions. I spent thousands preparing the bike not to mention the hours I put into it. Anyone who knows me, knows it will be right.

Extra's negotiable at additional price:

1) Extra Talon / Excel wheel sets (I have 3 additional sets) with wave rotors and cush hubs 700 GBP per pair.

2) Full spare set of bodywork, brand new, all painted in blue and black and bubble wrapped. Everything but fuel tanks. Includes bash plate, rear fender, front low fender, front high fender. 1200 GBP

3) Full set of spare parts, all electrical items, looms, every spare fastener, bolts, electrical connectors, nav gear spares the lot, just about everything all itiniaried and boxed in an orderly way. You name it, I've got it. We'd have to discuss this depending on requirements.

4) Additional spare engine, again negotiable.

5) Klim light weight phase 2 Rally jacket in Blue (one of only 2 made) negotiable (size L). Initially only available to the buyer of the bike. If they don't want it then I may consider selling separately but please don't ask about it until then. I want to give the buyer first option.

No silly offers or time wasters please, genuine interest only. I am happy to ship the bike anywhere in the world so long as the cost of shipping is covered by the buyer. I'm happy to get it to any port or airport here in the UK included in the price and will crate if required. Shipping to USA not a problem.

I'm sad to see it go but needs must. The sooner I square myself up, the sooner I can make a decision on Dakar 2014

For more information or questions or for contact details to call me, please contact me at Lyndon@LyndonPoskittRacing.com

Thanks.

My KTM 950 Story

Pyndon screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 03:01 PM
Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #1707
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,697
Thumb

Hey Lyndon,
Not interested in the bike... tho it is super TRICK!!!
But just sent you more donation $ as I said I would when I got the chance.
So check your paypal

Peace brotha,
JJ
Jettn Jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #1708
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
Even Putter likes Pyn!
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #1709
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,279
Makes a great Ski jacket too!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #1710
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,046
I don't know if this is old news to you Lyndon, but they have changed the front page rotation of photos on this site.

Your old pic in Timbuktu is no longer there, but on the plus side the PMs to Baldy and the mods have paid off and there is a pic of you and your dad there to replace it.

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote