Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,018
Just because it makes noise doesn't mean it's right? You said a mouth full there.

It seems like sticking to the subject at hand does the talking for most of us versus going off on personal BS. Which reminds me, real nice PM.

supershaft screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 01:04 PM
supershaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,882
The bottom line is if you've been doing it wrong all these years how do you know when it's right?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
DGW OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Thanks for all advice. Lots of good info. Parts for Bultaco are still pretty easy to get. I'm not to worried about boring the cylinder, this was the first time over. Got lucky there. I just ordered a specially prepared mikuni carb so I'd like to start this year at square one. I'm going to do a light clean up with the scotch bright and new rings. CharlieT who sells that brush hone I'd like to have one for future projects. Thanks all for the help.
DGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #19
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
The bottom line is if you've been doing it wrong all these years how do you know when it's right?
By the bikes making optimum power again and by seeing numerous others do the same thing with the same results.
supershaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #20
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,882
We've been through this. You won't put up pink slips to prove your theories so it's all talk.

I offer the challenge yet again. Bonneville Fall 2014,1000 CC air cooled pushrod engine on gasoline,carbureted-no power adders. No other rules other than you build it-all of it,ride it and prove that all the work is yours. Must be a new bike,no using something already done. Fastest bike takes both of them home. No records need to be set,just the fastest bike wins. Well? Put up or shut up.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #21
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,572
DGW......I picked up mine from Millenium Technologies up in WI about 15yrs ago. THey were the shop we used for replating cylinders. THey recommended them over the ball hones on plated cylinders as per their expereince, the ball hones can bounce in/out of ports and potenially chip the edge of the Nikasil. CHecked around and most places seem to carry only the ball/grape/dingleberry hones. Might try grainger or MSC. I have seen some a plumber friend had in his shop that looked the same that they used for cleaning boiler tubes, etc. However I don't know what material or grit they were composed of.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote