Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
mackdaddy OP
Finding my way

Oddometer: 888
Greater shipper recommendation for bikes on the East Coast

Hey gang,

Recently got a new job so I wanted my bike moved from central NY state location down to North Carolina. I used the site for recommendations and got the standard replies for shippers to use via motorcycleshippers.com, shippingmasters, uhaul, etc.... I read many a posts to stay away from uship.com. Seemed very much a hit or miss type deal.

Well, I gave a gentleman by the name of Wayne Haas a shot via his really good bid on uShip.com. He didn't have much feedback. Maybe like four posts but they were all glowing.

I reached out to him and I have to say I loved his communication and open honesty about everything. I said a prayer and booked him for the job.

I am happy to say that my bike was picked up on a Friday night in a very nice enclosed trailer. It was secured via four points in the trailer very nice. Anchor points on the floor. There was even a small mattress on the side of the bike. I am very happy to say that my bike safely arrived at my parents house this Sunday afternoon about an hour ahead of schedule safe and sound.

Wayne gave me updates all along the route for what was going on. Every now and then you are lucky enough to come across a quality, honest individual in your life and I have to say Wayne was it. He really cared about my cargo. I am sure everyone can appreciate that considering what we put into our bikes to get them just right for our needs. Last thing you want to see is that damaged or destroyed.

I asked him and he said he primarily likes to work from the Pennsylvania area down to Florida but is open to other areas. Please give him a buzz if you have any towing needs. Here is his info:

Wayne R. Haas
New Beginnings Transport
www.newbeginningstransport.org
910-546-0269

Note: He just got the website up and going so try to utilize the cell phone contact for now
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
resslerm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I also have recently used a guy off of uship.com.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just adding another great shipper to the list.

The guys information is :

Jeremy Watford
Safe N Sound Shipping LLC
(850) - 557 - 4728. - Cell Phone
safensoundtransportation@yahoo.com

Indiana based but goes pretty much anywhere.

Jeremy hauled my recently purchased Dakar from Austin, TX to Cincinnati, OH. Charged $450 through uship.com but would of charged less if he knew he was going to have an extra bike on the way up ( I had already prepaid through uship so I couldn't get any money back).

He is a small operation using a F350 Dually with a nice/large enclosed trailer. Jeremy uses very good communication during the entire delivery process. He is very experienced moving bikes and has been working for another operation on uship before starting on his own. Carries the proper equipment to not damage wheels, forks, fairings or any part of your bike.

He had (9) Feedback on uship before mine and I plan to use him again if needed, I would recommend him to anyone looking for a shipper.
resslerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Airjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I've had a good experience with u-ship too. The guy was a day later than expected but he called when he knew that he was going to be late. He charged me $800 to move a golf cart from AZ to WA. I'd do it again in a heartbeat
Airjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
mackdaddy OP
Finding my way

Oddometer: 888
Great local motorcycle shippers thread?

Hey,

Thanks for the replies. I don't feel that you are hijacking the thread at all. Actually, I think there is a good opportunity out of this. How about we start a thread for local motorcycle shippers? Nothing against the bigger companies but it is nice to give local contractors a nod for great work done. What do you think?