User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #3571
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Parking

Does anyone live near the Four Corners area (within 100 miles or so) where they would be willing to let me park my vehicle while I attempt to ride the Colorado back roads discovery route. Probably would be in May/June time frame. It's a 650 mile route so it would probably take 4 to 6 days round trip. Thanks
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #3572
Bighouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Just want to say hi to all the CRF250L owners. Soon to be owner here. I just put a deposit on one since the 3 that came in sold in 2 days. Two more are coming soon and one is mine! After taking pictures at the motorcycle show here in Moncton and spending 2 days there I realized that it was time to move up from my 50cc scooter! I went through most of this long thread skipping over the flare ups and lots of good information here!

Any other CRF250L riders from Southeast New Brunswick?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #3573
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Does anyone live near the Four Corners area (within 100 miles or so) where they would be willing to let me park my vehicle while I attempt to ride the Colorado back roads discovery route. Probably would be in May/June time frame. It's a 650 mile route so it would probably take 4 to 6 days round trip. Thanks
You might wanna put this request in the Rockies Forum? BTW we are looking at the Colorado Back Country Discover Route this soummer (late) as well - I think that you should consider the route later than May/June because there is a good chance that some of the high passes will still be snowed in...

2013 KTM 250 XC-W
2013 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #3574
Rocket123
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kickstart View Post
Hello Forum, Hello lccpmj - greetings from germany

I owned the Arrow-Exhaust for my baby.
Current the Arrow-Exhaust is the only one, you can get here in Europe.
Only Leo Vince has planned to fabricate a muffler for the CRF250L, but it's not available at present.
http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-h...2013/285222662

Yesterday I've installed the muffler and opened the riding season 2013
Quality, look and sound are really good.

Captain Kickstart,

I see you have the slip ons. How much louder is this than the stock exhaust, and did you notice any improvement in performance?

Rocket
Rocket123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #3575
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
Anyone removed the kickstand safety switch other than Ramz? I use mine for 80% dirt. Was out this weekend going up a pretty steep rough hill and the bike just dies, like it ran out of fuel, but fired right back up again, ran rest of the day. Pucker moment for sure. Got back to camp and one of the other riders mentioned the kickstand switch might have been activated

Have anyone removed the safety switch. If so how hard?

Any thoughts.........thanks
Real easy Remove it, unplug it, connect the wires together done.
kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #3576
Telemarktumalo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 216
Thanks. I'm on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Giant Loop sells an exhaust guard for their luggage for $25.

I looked at it when I was buying my Mojavi and contemplating a different exhaust but I like the quiet.

cheers
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #3577
gnath9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
I read on the CRF'S only site that they list a Power Bomb and Mega Bomb header. One must be for torque at low to mid and the other for mid to high range. Which is which?
mega bomb for low to mid
power bomb for mid to high
gnath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #3578
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
You might wanna put this request in the Rockies Forum? BTW we are looking at the Colorado Back Country Discover Route this soummer (late) as well - I think that you should consider the route later than May/June because there is a good chance that some of the high passes will still be snowed in...
A group of 5 of us are doing the COBDR and as much as the UTBDR as we can heading back south. Looking at maps, I've decided that Durango will probably be the best place for us to leave the truck/trailers and plan on skipping the 4 corners section as there isn't much dirt around there and just pick up the COBDR around Delores, CO. We are leaving GA July 26th in the trucks and should be ready to leave from Durango the morning of July 28th on the bikes. We plan on being back to the trucks by Aug 9th to head home.

I've still got to put up a post myself in the Rockies forum to find a place to leave the vehicles.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #3579
Captain Kickstart
EnduroRider

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
Captain Kickstart.....welcome to the forum! Where did you get those cool looking mirrors? They appear to be folding to get them out of the way when you don't need them offroad? Nice looking ride!!
Thank you, Harcomo :-)

I found that mirrors at the german Ebay.
Here they are: http://www.ebay.de/itm/230923047434

Yes, they are folding if you are riding offroad. But not complete 180 degree - only in that angle, as shown on the picture (both, inside and outside).
Captain Kickstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #3580
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kickstart View Post
Thank you, Harcomo :-)

I found that mirrors at the german Ebay.
Here they are: http://www.ebay.de/itm/230923047434

Yes, they are folding if you are riding offroad. But not complete 180 degree - only in that angle, as shown on the picture (both, inside and outside).

Those are really slick looking mirrors! Still, it looks like they could break pretty easily.

I use these on my KLX and DR:

http://www.doubletakemirror.com/

I can attest to their durability. If you go down, they just fold out of the way. They're about $100 for a complete set (two mirrors, arms and mounts), but are well worth it.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #3581
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Those are really slick looking mirrors! Still, it looks like they could break pretty easily.

I use these on my KLX and DR:

http://www.doubletakemirror.com/

I can attest to their durability. If you go down, they just fold out of the way. They're about $100 for a complete set (two mirrors, arms and mounts), but are well worth it.

Rob
Another source, though I haven't gotten around to getting these yet.

http://www.moto-science.com/product/...unt-10mmx125mm

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #3582
Oldtimer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post

You are absolutely right. I obviously wasn't thinking. Thanks.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #3583
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemarktumalo View Post
Wondering if anybody has experience with burn problems with aftermarket exhausts on soft luggage. I have a Giant Loop Coyote bag and it drapes over the tail rack and rearward part of the seat, slants forward toward the passenger pegs.
Would love to see a picture of your bike with the Coyote on there, I've been thinking about getting the Great Basin but wasn't sure if it would be too big for the bike.
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3584
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolnik View Post
Would love to see a picture of your bike with the Coyote on there, I've been thinking about getting the Great Basin but wasn't sure if it would be too big for the bike.
I don't have a Great Basin, but from what I've seen, it might be a big big for the small DS bikes. The other thing is I think the Great Basin tends to sit "straight down" by default although it probably could be tied up towards the passenger pegs. The Coyote on the other hand sits more on an angle behind the rider's legs towards the passenger pegs.

But maybe someone has tried the Great Basin on a small bike.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #3585
kzahel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolnik View Post
I was wondering the same thing so I stuck mine on the bike (also have the giant loop fandango tank bag, which seems to fit alright.

It looks weird because it's empty. It can strap to the footpegs just fine for the front straps. I ordered the manracks BBQ rack so that I'll be able to strap the back straps to something. Once it comes I'll give it a test and let you know.
kzahel is offline   Reply With Quote