ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
35xj OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
rekluse slave question

just replaced my working OEM slave on my 04 950 S

OEM was working fine, but, didnt want to wait for it to go bad. Got it installed and well bled with Pentosin fluid.
seems to be an OK install. so, i fired it up. Lever feels good, but when i pull the lever the bike has light a knock or rattle, that was not present before. And it banged into gear pretty hard
messed with the adjustment a little, didnt appear to make a difference in the sound. any ideas? Dont want to botch anything trying to figure it out

thanks guys!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
ABuck99

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
just replaced my working OEM slave on my 04 950 S

OEM was working fine, but, didnt want to wait for it to go bad. Got it installed and well bled with Pentosin fluid.
seems to be an OK install. so, i fired it up. Lever feels good, but when i pull the lever the bike has light a knock or rattle, that was not present before. And it banged into gear pretty hard
messed with the adjustment a little, didnt appear to make a difference in the sound. any ideas? Dont want to botch anything trying to figure it out

thanks guys!
Do you have a Rekluse clutch? These slaves sometime come shipped with the set screw turned in a little since most installs go with the Rekluse clutch. You need to check that its turned out all the way. Call Rekluse if you are unsure. (208) 426-0659.