Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #481
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,546

Revzilla has the new Badlands Pro Hi-Viz jacket on their website. It's not in stock yet. Says "Expected to ship this Summer." That could be May. That could be August.

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?

Mr_Gone screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 11:32 AM
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #482
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post

Revzilla has the new Badlands Pro Hi-Viz jacket on their website. It's not in stock yet. Says "Expected to ship this Summer." That could be May. That could be August.
Not one for high viz normally but that looks sharp. I like.
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #483
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
Not one for high viz normally but that looks sharp. I like.
I agree. I think it looks pretty good.

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #484
Matt
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 1,833
Just checked with Allee at Klim - the only change to the Hi-Viz is the colour.

Stated it will be in store mid March to April.

Why do people think bike riders all like rock'n'roll??
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #485
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,657
Quote:
BMW almost always has great jackets. Is the BMW armor D3O or the NP-Pro stuff? Just curious.

And is the Airshell what you would consider a summer jacket?
I think the BMW armor is a proprietary D3O facsimile. It's soft when warm and hardens on impact like the D3O.

The Airshell may be a summer jacket for folks in Maine, but it was too warm for AZ summers. The best summer jacket with complete armor is the BMW Venting Machine or the Venting Jacket which replaced it last year.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #486
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,657
Quote:

Looks like a regular snow parka and not a moto jacket.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #487
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I like it.. but not enough to switch from my current Adventure jacket.. probably would if they would move the bladder pocket to the outside.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #488
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Ordered one of these yesterday from Revzilla. I think I'm in between a Large and XL. The size guide says Large so let's see how it fits. Everything else I have is XL for the top. I have seen a lot of people between L and XL move to another jacket.

I'm hoping it works out as I really like the features of this jacket. I'll post my findings for those in the same pickle as myself.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #489
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Ordered one of these yesterday from Revzilla. I think I'm in between a Large and XL. The size guide says Large so let's see how it fits. Everything else I have is XL for the top. I have seen a lot of people between L and XL move to another jacket.

I'm hoping it works out as I really like the features of this jacket. I'll post my findings for those in the same pickle as myself.
Whats your chest size and sleave length. I am about to pull the same trigger and I think I am in between L and XL too. (BTW I am 43 chest and I have long arms just a tad over 32... the way revzilla says to measure arms. I am 6'3" and 190)

Pants are even a worse decision. 34 or 36??? I wear 34 jean/dress pants, but have read that the waist is snug. I also don't want the armor floating around.

Living in Canada, there is no purchase option that has free shipping and returns. Living in Newfoundland, give no option for trying on at a local retailer. They are making this difficult to chose and not be stuck with a bunch of additional costs if I pick wrong.

Mike

Mike
kingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #490
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,062
I'd go large coat 34 pants. ^^
Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #491
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Whats your chest size and sleave length. I am about to pull the same trigger and I think I am in between L and XL too. (BTW I am 43 chest and I have long arms just a tad over 32... the way revzilla says to measure arms. I am 6'3" and 190)
I'm a 44 chest and 31 inch sleeve. I'm built like a Pro linebacker that retired 10 years ago. So ya... Typical American guy build not euro build.

I wear 34 jeans but have thick legs and can leg press my motorcycles weight easily. I tried on the BMW Ralley 3 pants once and just laughed. I felt like Ross on friends with the leather pants episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbZVlKKd7I8

So we will see how the KLIM fits.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #492
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post

Pants are even a worse decision. 34 or 36??? I wear 34 jean/dress pants, but have read that the waist is snug. I also don't want the armor floating around.

Living in Canada, there is no purchase option that has free shipping and returns. Living in Newfoundland, give no option for trying on at a local retailer. They are making this difficult to chose and not be stuck with a bunch of additional costs if I pick wrong.

Mike

Mike
Iwear a 36x34 in jeans and the 36 Long pants fits me perfectly. If anything, they're a tad baggy which is nice for a thin layer underneath if needed. The waist is definitely not snug.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #493
outridingagain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I got one last weekend, Adventure designs was selling them $180 off I am 215 6'3" 45 chest 34-35 arms and went with the XL on their advice to allow for my heated layer. Hope it fits.

2010 BMW R1200 GSA
2013 KTM 500 XC-W
outridingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #494
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Pulled the trigger on the L jacket and 34 Tall pants (6'3" 190lbs). Also hoping they fit .

Which colors did you guys go with. I went gray. Although I think I like the black better, I think the gray has some contrasting light/dark to it, which is more visible. My luck with Hiz Viz in the past has been a faded ugly mess after awhile and I wanted to avoid that (not to mention I have no idea when we will see the Hi Viz get in stock).
kingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #495
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
I have the gray and I like them. I have 46" chest and 36" waist and an XL jacket and 36 pant in the Badlands fit fine, although the pants are on the loose side. I got a set of the Klim suspenders and like them.
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote