ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #31
reed10
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Thanks for the invite on the last ride. I didn't check my inbox on this site till a week later. But I'm planing on riding this trail today and I am excited. Im starting at the 12th street extension on old state rode at about 12 this afternoon. Maybe I will see some fellow riders.
reed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #32
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed10 View Post
Thanks for the invite on the last ride. I didn't check my inbox on this site till a week later. But I'm planing on riding this trail today and I am excited. Im starting at the 12th street extension on old state rode at about 12 this afternoon. Maybe I will see some fellow riders.
Hope you had a good ride, reed10! It's crazy hot for January, isn't it? We did the Broxton Bridge ride today.

If you'd like, ADV can email you when you get a PM. It's in Control Panel, Edit Options, Private Messaging, Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #33
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,757
Going exploring Sunday morning, sticking near the Columbia area and looking at riding the Spring Loop and maybe trying to expand to the West if I can find some dirt/sand out that way. A sandy Lake Murray loop would be great, but with a 5-week old at home I'm not sure how long I'll have to play. Will probably have to be back at the hotel by 1pm. Anyone interested?
The Dude Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #34
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Himself View Post
Going exploring Sunday morning, sticking near the Columbia area and looking at riding the Spring Loop and maybe trying to expand to the West if I can find some dirt/sand out that way. A sandy Lake Murray loop would be great, but with a 5-week old at home I'm not sure how long I'll have to play. Will probably have to be back at the hotel by 1pm. Anyone interested?
I haven't found much dirt close to the lake. Re expanding to the West, did you see the GPX file in post #13 that goes all the way to Abbeville? There's also some dirt in the branch of the Sumter National Forest starting just North of Newberry, too, though it's not in that GPX file. With just a half-day time frame, Manchester State Forest would be doable, or part of the MEOW & Ridge Spring loop.

Have fun! I was going to do some of the Ridge Spring Loop after the state lunch in Aiken on Saturday, but people are getting sick and right now the lunch either might not happen or else get moved to Charleston.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #35
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Wlfman and I recently rode a good bit of the Southern and Eastern sections of the Monkee loop. We encountered a couple of private, gated roads and a closed NFS road. The NFS road had trees growing in it, so it wasn't just a temporary closure. I edited the GPX file to route around these areas, so feel free to re-download the latest file which is attached to post #13 in this thread.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #36
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
Wlfman and I recently rode a good bit of the Southern and Eastern sections of the Monkee loop. We encountered a couple of private, gated roads and a closed NFS road. The NFS road had trees growing in it, so it wasn't just a temporary closure. I edited the GPX file to route around these areas, so feel free to re-download the latest file which is attached to post #13 in this thread.

After reading this post I thought; "How can this be? I rode the loop last week and everything was good!"

Then I realized I sent the wrong file, the one I meant to send you had all these changes already! Sorry about that!!
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #37
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
After reading this post I thought; "How can this be? I rode the loop last week and everything was good!"

Then I realized I sent the wrong file, the one I meant to send you had all these changes already! Sorry about that!!
But then we'd have missed fun like this :

I think the problem is that I created the file based on a several-year-old jpeg image of the route. If you'd be so kind as to email me your file, I'll overlay it with my stuff in Mapsource and make sure mine doesn't have any more problem areas.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 547
Email sent
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Email sent
Thanks, David!

I did still have two small areas that differed, but have now fixed the SC Dirt GPX file to match sdthorpe's Monkee/AARSE version. Y'all know the drill by now - see post #13 if you want the new file.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #40
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Laura, I'm going to get my act together and find some good routes north of Columbia. I know of a good bit in the Sumter National Forest area and then heading towards Wateree.

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #41
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
Laura, I'm going to get my act together and find some good routes north of Columbia. I know of a good bit in the Sumter National Forest area and then heading towards Wateree.
Sounds good! I need to add the dirt roads in Manchester SF also. That's one of my favorite places to ride.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #42
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Well, thought I had found enough of a dirt route starting about 5 miles up Monticello Rd 5 miles North of I-20, almost all the way to Lake Monticello... but alas, 75% of the roads were gated by landowners...

There is a nice long road that leaves Winnsboro that actually crosses I77. Its listed on Google Maps as Old 21 or Old Camden Rd. But Bandy and I road it one weekend getting lost and had a lot of fun on it. I would love to be able to find enough roads to connect up to it.

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
That blue line from columbia is that actually trail or a dirt road?
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
That blue line from columbia is that actually trail or a dirt road?
The tracks on the entire map consist of a mixture of dirt and paved roads, with as much dirt included as possible.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #45
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Thank you laura! Yeah I had my bike down there last week while visiting family,cousin lives in columbia off st andrews Road and aunt lives 5 minutes away from harbinson state forest on broad River road.I really didnt get to ride much,found out for next time sumter and marion forests to ride. Tried to get this week off to actually ride and job said I couldnt do it:(One week just doesnt cut it to do everything down there,Aunt kept asking me if I was gonna ride and I told her I came down there to see them and if I got a chance the bike was a bonus or to stay out of her hair if I got bored

Thats some bubblegum looking georgian clay mud there on that one trail.. Years ago cousin told me him and his sister use to go cart andrews road when it was all dirt at one point back in the early 80s. Cousin use to have a k5 lifted truck and where saluda shoals park is ,he took me back there in 88 it was all trails,powerlines railroads etc.Since they turned it into a park and all macadem it isnt even recognizable anymore from how I remembered it. Sorry for the long rant
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote