Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Mystus OP
R1200GS Rider

Oddometer: 2
Long Way Rider - The ultimate in trip and route planning

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce a new online website product that I am about to take to market in the next few weeks that I am sure a few of you would be interested in. It's called "Long Way Rider" and it's a full trip and route planner for taking your next two wheel adventure from dream to reality!

Here's the details of what we are offering:

Route Planner
============================
Create and save your route, break it up over any number of days (this is some seriously amazing stuff we've done here making full use of the power of Google Maps).

Find Accommodation and Places of Interest
We're doing some amazing stuff to help you locate accommodation worldwide for your trips. The idea here is that no matter where you are going we will try and offer you as many options as possible to make your trip planning as easy as possible.

Manage Your Trip(s)
Papers, check lists, to-do's and all the other nitty gritty that we have to have for our trips can be managed in one central place. This includes the ability to upload important documents that can be retrieved again from anywhere with an internet connection.

Coordinate with others in your group
Invite other riders to join in on your trip and have a central place to communicate and keep everything together.

Download Itinerary
Download your full itinerary and plans to PDF perfect for use on an iPad or to print out for those times when there is no reception and no internet available (which is often when on the bike) and this includes the maps with your planned routes as well. We know all about the lack of internet which is why this feature is so important.

And that's just the beginning! There are many more features planned that will be released over the course of 2013. Our initial launch will try and have many of these foundation features in place so that it's a worthwhile endeavour.

Pricing for access to the Bike Trip Planner is set at $7.95 per month (just to cover our costs and to keep momentum going with new features etc.) however for ADVRider members we will be dropping the price to $4.95 per month.

Again I must stress - we are not yet live! We have set an "expected" go-live date as of 15th March 2013, but only on the condition that we are happy that the product is in a ready and usable state. We reserve the right to delay the launch until we are happy that it's good enough to use and as bug free as possible and obviously only once we're live will we actually open up the payment gateway for full subscriptions to be made and paid for.

We are however accepting signups and this is easily done by going to http://signup.longwayrider.com and this just asks for your email address so that we can notify you when we are live and send you a link for completing the sign up process.

"Beta" testing
==================
We are also looking for 50 people to come on board as "beta" testers to help us test the functionality of the site and the ADVRider members are perfect examples of the kind of beta testers we are looking for. If you are interested in being a beta tester drop me a PM and I'll get the ball rolling and give you additional information. Beta Testers will have full access to the site for free on condition that they are active and using the site and providing worthwhile feedback of course.

I do hope this is of interest to many of you and I hope that many of you decide to sign up.

Any questions - feel free to contact me via PM.

Many thanks!

Matthew and the Long Way Rider team.
www.longwayrider.com
Old 03-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
oscar95
Wagonmaster

Oddometer: 52
Question Long Way Web Site

Gents I tried to access your site but my Comp states its a compromised site. Check to see your not hi Jacked,. Just letting you know.

Let me know when its OK . thanks Ian
oscar95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Being able to download routes to a Garmin and/or TomTom would make it worthwhile.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,864
Matthew,

First of all your link to your site is a secure link https:// that's why there is a problem going on your site.
Second, I put my e-mail address and the next step is "share our site with friends to get 2 months free". I just want to see your site without sharing it, is it possible??? Or it is not up yet?

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Mystus OP
R1200GS Rider

Oddometer: 2
Hi Guys,

First off thanks for the feedback. Apologies for taking a while to get back to you all - it's been a busy time developing the system and getting things off the ground (we're almost there!).

Then, on to your queries, thanks for all your feedback. I've removed the rerouting to the secure https channel for now so that the site can be accessed using both http and https channels. Should make the worrying issue "oscar95" raised go away.

Travman, the ability to download routes a GPS unit is most certainly on the cards! We'll be looking in to this development as an absolute requirement to our system.

FYYFF, the sign up site is a system run by LaunchRock to assist us with the administration of our sign ups. The "share our site with friends" option is totally optional and is just a method of us further promoting our site. There is no "push" or requirement to use or do this.

Then, on to the actual site - we're not up yet. We're a few weeks behind schedule unfortunately. We have chosen not to launch until we are comfortable with the project and that the site has been sufficiently tested. This is why you haven't seen anything up yet. I'll be launching for the beta testers in the very near future. If you'd like to get involved in the beta test (and get free access in return for giving me feedback!) then just get in touch with me and I'll sort out access for you.

Kind regards,

Matthew
www.longwayrider.com