Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #121
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtndave View Post
Excellent! Another upcoming BigDog/Dingweeds ride to look forward to. Maybe the the new Adventure Van will make it's premiere?

Vicarious living at its best.

Yes-----the adventure van is almost done.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
+ 1...zillion
thank you sir !!!!!

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #122
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Thanks for the kind words Guys!!!

I can't wait to get back to Baja!!!!

Scott
DingWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #123
vwdrvr66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Great report Mark. I enjoy reading all your reports, it makes me want to just get up and go. I will have to put this one the list for sure.

Thanks
2012 Tiger 800xc
2008 KTM 450EXC R
vwdrvr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #124
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
I'm about two weeks late, and $100 short.. Just found this RR Mark.
I never look in Day Trippin'. I was following your spot tracker, and noticed you came back into the US pretty quickly.
Now I know, "the rest of the story". Glad to hear Dingweed is already back riding.
When you go back in April, are you going to ride that same pass where Scott got hurt? That's some rough stuff, even without loaded down bikes!
Baja is much different than I thought. Looks great. Someday... For now its work work work..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #125
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I'm about two weeks late, and $100 short.. Just found this RR Mark.
I never look in Day Trippin'. I was following your spot tracker, and noticed you came back into the US pretty quickly.
Now I know, "the rest of the story". Glad to hear Dingweed is already back riding.
When you go back in April, are you going to ride that same pass where Scott got hurt? That's some rough stuff, even without loaded down bikes!
Baja is much different than I thought. Looks great. Someday... For now its work work work..
Yes Scott is doing good--------me and Scott are not going back to Baja this April------we are planning on joining the Mobius riders for their first ride this year. I bet we hit Baja again this early winter.

I understand your statement that Baja was different than you thought--------I just had visions of flat sand.

It is very mountainous----and they are tough mountains------for the ordinary traveler (car or road bike)---there are few places to get over those mtns.-----------and they run the length of Baja-----------I had no idea the first time I went. Where those mountains get close to the coast----it is so rugged that there are no roads.YOu have to go around them.

Still------you need to have you "sand" game on

I don't think we'll take that same route where Scott got hurt----------I know of another way out of Mikes Sky Ranch--------although I've never rode it--------------I think it is way easier. It was rally dangerous in there----a worse injury or getting stranded would have been easy to do. I would have been struggling on an unladen dirt bike---so you can imagine how harder it was packed down. But-------------were old !!!!

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 06:19 AM
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #126
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Another great report! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Like many, I find your reports inspirational!
motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 AM   #127
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Thanks for sharing BigDog! I finally got time to finish this report and I have noticed a couple things. First, the donkeys in Mexico and bears Colorado have proven that Scott brings the best food. Second, you are never going to stray from your trusty WR and take the KTM...so, you should let me know the best time to come and get the 450 EXC. It is set up perfectly for my needs and I don't have a WR, so I wouldn't know what I was missing.

Mark, I know the ride was cut short (glad your ok Scott), but are you still going to do a movie?
FabOneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #128
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabOneUp View Post
Thanks for sharing BigDog! I finally got time to finish this report and I have noticed a couple things. First, the donkeys in Mexico and bears Colorado have proven that Scott brings the best food. Second, you are never going to stray from your trusty WR and take the KTM...so, you should let me know the best time to come and get the 450 EXC. It is set up perfectly for my needs and I don't have a WR, so I wouldn't know what I was missing.

Mark, I know the ride was cut short (glad your ok Scott), but are you still going to do a movie?
Hi Fab,

Ya---oh Scott is a bear magnet----at least when we are in the states he's alway's got his 40 caliber on his hip.
He never travels without that thing on his side. He's so damn big when he stands up any grizzly would run off squeelin' like a pig.

Yes----you pretty observant about the KTM------same thing is going on right now--------I'm headed out West in just a few days to Dingweeds to start Mobius 11 with Dr. Rock and Francine---------------shined the KTM all up changed the oil and diddled with stuff---------then shoved it back in the corner as the WR is going again. For a 3,000 mile unsupported ride hauling camping and cooking gear it is so much better.

Maybe I better lock the KTM up while I'm gone in case you come snoopin' around.

I did make a movie---and it's a bit short as the ride was cut short-----it is really good but is only about 40 minutes long I think ?????? I hadn't planned on selling it and just really made it for me and Scott--------but if you want one send me a PM with your address and I'll get one to you. It really shows very well all the hard stuff we rode when Scott got hurt.

BigDog

Here are the tracks of our upcoming ride with Dr. Rock and Francine--------it will encompass a lot of desert riding and get into Death Valley----which I've never been to. We'll start riding April 6th I think. It will be a little over 2 weeks of riding and about 2,500 miles---camping most of the time.

KTM 690 Enduro 2014

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 04:12 AM
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #129
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
I guess that means you don't need another set of Anti-hassle™ tassels then?

Or should I bring them just in case? KTM's usually require two sets.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 08:33 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #130
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,035
Wouldn't KTM tassels look like this?

joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #131
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
I guess that means you don't need another set of Anti-hassle™ tassels then?

Or should I bring them just in case? KTM's usually require two sets.
Probably not going to need the extra tassels Dave------- gonna stay safe

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #132
FabOneUp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Hi Fab,

Ya---oh Scott is a bear magnet----at least when we are in the states he's alway's got his 40 caliber on his hip.
He never travels without that thing on his side. He's so damn big when he stands up any grizzly would run off squeelin' like a pig.

Yes----you pretty observant about the KTM------same thing is going on right now--------I'm headed out West in just a few days to Dingweeds to start Mobius 11 with Dr. Rock and Francine---------------shined the KTM all up changed the oil and diddled with stuff---------then shoved it back in the corner as the WR is going again. For a 3,000 mile unsupported ride hauling camping and cooking gear it is so much better.

Maybe I better lock the KTM up while I'm gone in case you come snoopin' around.

I did make a movie---and it's a bit short as the ride was cut short-----it is really good but is only about 40 minutes long I think ?????? I hadn't planned on selling it and just really made it for me and Scott--------but if you want one send me a PM with your address and I'll get one to you. It really shows very well all the hard stuff we rode when Scott got hurt.

BigDog

Here are the tracks of our upcoming ride with Dr. Rock and Francine--------it will encompass a lot of desert riding and get into Death Valley----which I've never been to. We'll start riding April 6th I think. It will be a little over 2 weeks of riding and about 2,500 miles---camping most of the time.
PM sent. I took advantage of your offer Mark, and thank you!

The ride looks fantastic! Ken Webb is out in Death Valley right now. It is too bad you will be there just as he is leaving. He would have loved to bump into you guys again. I know this goes without saying, but have a great time! Looking very forward to that ride report.

I am way too busy now, so your KTM is safe.....for now.

FabOneUp screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 11:28 AM
FabOneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #133
Ratman
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,103
Thanks, Mark. You tell a good story. Sorry to hear about Scott. I too have gotten a large rock under the arm/ribs. Wasn't much of a fall, but hurt for months.
I'll be looking for your next Baja trip report.
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote