Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
guiri OP
Looking for a good home..

Oddometer: 1,134
Thumb The Helmet Hook - Keep your helmet from falling off your bike...

The Helmet Hook Oops, I dropped my Helmet! Only $13.95 shipped for Inmates

Guys, some time ago, I got tired of dropping my helmet and the Helmet Hook was born.
The purpose of the Helmet Hook is simple. Put your helmet where it will be:

• Out of the way
  • Safe from scratches
  • Safe from falls that will scratch it and possible break something
  • Kept close to you and not forcing you to turn around to look for some mounting spot on the frame of the bike, or your
    luggage cases, or your bungee net and so on.

• Putting it on the mirrors usually means you have to later readjust them.
  • On the handlebars is not a good place as they usually slide off, ESPECIALLY if you move the bars.
  • The tank is not flat nor is the seat if the bike's on the side stand.
  • Using the built in or aftermarket seat locks always puts it next to either a hot engine or metal parts which can and probably WILL scratch your helmet.
  • You don't want to lock it to the wheel as it can get dirty, dogs WILL pee in it (I've always worried about this in Spain with all
    the stray dogs) and at the same time, why bend down when you can simply hang it at the END of your handlebar where it
    is the FURTHEST away from the bike, thus minimizing the risk of the helmet getting banged up against the bike.

My helmet is cheap but I've already had it roll down the street 5-6 in the 4 weeks I've had it. I can only imagine what you
    guys will think that have $700 lids!

I also use it when I go shopping. I come out with some grocery bags and while I'm getting ready to ride (opening cases),
    I need somewhere to put the bags. The ground works but may be dirty, so I just hang them on the helmet hook. It is very strong and you can also turn the hook facing the bike or facing out

The Helmet Hook should fit most standard bar ends and hand guards that screw into the end of the handlebars. Note! It does
need bar weights or hand guards to hold the hook! I am working on a version that simply slides on the handlebars, so please
ask here about availablity. Note that the washer that is in the hook IS removable and I am now shipping an extra washer for
those who have thicker bolts in the bar end weights. Some BMW's for example.

I've also used it to hang the electrical cords on it to keep them off the ground while I'm charging my batteries.

One of the forum members commented that he would love to be able to lock the helmet on the Helmet Hook so we decided to add
two holes in the hook so that you could put a small padlock through it to help secure the helmet. I have found nice padlocks that fit PERFECTLY. In fact, they fit so tight that if you leave it on the hook while riding, it will NOT rattle. Add $2.55 per padlock.
Shipping price will not change. Note, you need a long shackle on the pad lock for it to work (in case you want to buy somewhere else).

How to Order the Helmet Hook

You can order directly from my site or from here. However to get the forum discount you have to mention it when ordering.
  • Post in this thread that you are interested and then PM me and please let me know either in the thread what bike
    you intend to put it on, if you have handguards, etc, or let me know in PM.

Posting here keeps the thread current and lets members see what's going on.

• If you have a paypal address, please pm me that and I will send you a payment request.

• I usually ship out the next day after receiving payment and most people receive the Helmet Hook in a few days.

• You can also pay cash, check, money order or anything else we can think of.

Price

• Price will be $13.95 shipped in the continental US. $2 extra for Hawaii and Alaska.

• Members outside of the US still pay $13.95 and they will have to add $2 for additional shipping (for a total of $15.95).
    Add $1 for each additional hook (for shipping). I have resellers in other countries so please post in the forum for updated reseller info. I like to support my resellers and if you buy from them, you will usually get it faster.

• Add $2.55 per Padlock to any order. Shipping stays the same.

• Also, I already have resellers in several countries so please ask in the forum and I'll give you current information. For now, I have resellers in Australia, New Zealand, Spain and the UK.

Shipping

I usually ship the day after receipt of payment.

Materials, Warranty n' stuff

• The Helmet Hook is made from 1/4" ABS Plastic making it very resilient and has a LIFETIME WARRANTY! If it fails,
    email me a picture and I'll replace it.

• The round part on top is made the size it is now in order to be stronger where it counts.

• There is also a reason the actual hook is the size it is. The "bend" is just about big enough to hold a helmet strap while
    not being so big that a ratcheting strap will go through and thus it can also be used for helmets with ratcheting straps.

• A helmet can be hung from the Strap, from the D rings or from the Ratchet in the strap.

• We strive to make it work on virtually every bike, HOWEVER, sometimes, we need to make an adjustment. Therefore,
    IF you don't know how to put it on your bike, you're not sure if it fits, you're having a hard time, PLEASE, communicate
    with me, preferably with pictures (detailed pics from different angles) and we will fix it. In the extremely rare case that
    we cannot get it to fit on your bike, I will be more than glad to give you a full refund. We may also be able to make
    a different hook and replace the one you have. Again, let me know. NO ONE gets left in the cold!

Continued Development

We have already made several versions of the Helmet Hook and we will continue to make improvements as we get input
from users so please, post your feedback. Let us know what your setup looks like and above, show pics.

Would you like to help?

The best advertising for me is the feedback from the riders. Posting in the different threads in the different forums, keeps the
thread alive, active and interesting. People love pics so post and post many pics. Despite the fact that the Helmet Hook
will fit most bikes, some people still want to SEE that it actually does, so please, post pictures of your different bikes.

The more colors and different models, the better. Also, please post if it's ok for me to use your pictures on my site and if so,
do you want me to put your name on the picture (picture credit).

I
would love to see my Helmet Hook on other forums and again, if you post them somewhere else, please let me know in
this Thread.

One of the most important things is feedback and testimonials but personally (as a webdesigner), I have always done things
differently. I don't like testimonials like "Joe in Kansas likes this product" Sure, that sounds real doesn't it?

I would love pictures with you and your bike and a comment that I can put on the picture and post here or on my site.

Videos are also awesome and I WILL get a Youtube page and a Facebook page and I will start putting my other products
on those sites.

You are welcome to use any pictures that I have to help spread the word as long as you leave the credits on the pictures.
I
have plenty of bandwidth on my site so feel free to link directly to the pictures on my site.

My Website

My site is being built and should soon be complete with many other products. The Helmet Hook is already available on the site
but I plan on putting up many other products, bike related and non bike related. I have a super nice flashlight
package with a 4"
long flashlight with over 400 lumen output, with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charger that can
be charged through a USB port,
12v cigarette outlet and 110v.

The address for the site is www.EXTUFF.biz and my other domains will be forwarded to this site. When telling others how to find
the Helmet Hook online, it can sometimes be hard, especially over the phone to spell out EXTUFF.BIZ and
because of this, I have
also bought the domain TheHelmetHook.com. Make sure however that they put THE in front
or they will get to a non existing
page. So, www.TheHelmetHook.com

I will also be offering LED Extra Lights for Bikes and LED Light Bars for Off-Road vehicles. Some with an output of over 20,000
lumen.

guiri screwed with this post 10-08-2014 at 05:37 PM
guiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
guiri OP

Hey, what am I allowed to post in my sig line? Text only, a small banner, what?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
guiri OP

Alright, the free unit on ADV and Stromtrooper are already spoken for.

Note that this will work on the throttle side too. It will NOT interfere.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
bastimentos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Interesting idea

... looks like it might be a problem for people if it rains hanging it like you've pictured? I'm sure you've considered this though, you have a way to hang it the right way up?
bastimentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
guiri OP

Both hook/s shipped out today. Testing padded envelopes for shipping to let me know how they arrive. I think the envelopes will hold up but still.

Let's see what you think of the hook. Mount it with the hook facing in or out, your choice and also let me know what mounting option you chose as it's made to fit several different bar end sizes and hand guards.

:)

George
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastimentos View Post
... looks like it might be a problem for people if it rains hanging it like you've pictured? I'm sure you've considered this though, you have a way to hang it the right way up?
Nope, that was never my intention. It was NOT meant to be for a prolonged use. Ie, you just hang it up there while getting off, getting gas, running into the store or whatever.

IF it rains, I would put my bike on a center stand if I have one and just put it on the seat or in my top box.

IF I don't have a good option and it rains, I'll just keep the lid on.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,861
Pretty good solution to where to put your helmet when you stop to gas up! I'm gonna try one, thank you
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
dan650
mississippi

Oddometer: 118
I will take 2

Dude I have been waiting on someone to make something to hook my helmet on. Pumping gas, or jus hanging out around the bike.
I was tired of hanging it on my mirror or on the seat, jus nervous that it would eventually hit the ground!!!

PM sent...
dan650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
MWValley
Gadget Guy (ret.)

Oddometer: 669
Nice job. Very clever idea. Does the loop that holds the handlebar grip "unfasten" or is it fixed?

If it's fixed could you make one with some kind of carabiner end? I've got Barkbusters on both of my bikes so you can't slip anything onto the end of the bar as it's "captured".

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
Nice job. Very clever idea. Does the loop that holds the handlebar grip "unfasten" or is it fixed?

If it's fixed could you make one with some kind of carabiner end? I've got Barkbusters on both of my bikes so you can't slip anything onto the end of the bar as it's "captured".
Thank you sir :)

I wish I had gotten it made before I screwed up my new helmet but like they say, better late than never :)

Here's the thing, it doesn't really matter how your setup is as it will work anyway.

Really the only thing the helmet hook needs is a bolt at the end to screw it to the handlebar. Hence the requirement for a bar end weight or the hand guard.

The way it's made is that it will/should fit pretty much on any setup and also, if you look at the pics (and my bad for not putting a pic of the hook by itself), you'll see the washer which IS removable should you need to remove it to fit.

Bottom line, if for some reason it doesn't work, I'll refund all your money. Just do me a favor IF it doesn't work, take some pics to let me know why not and if you like it which I'm convinced you will, please post it here and anywhere else you care to :)
Word of mouth IS the best advertisement.

Anyway, here are pics of the hook by itself..

By the way, anyone that wants to may link to my pictures or post them anywhere as long as the logo and website is still on the pics.

Thanks again for the comment.

George
Old 03-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
That one looks cheap and cheesy by comparrison to me.

Jim

PS guiri check out my sigline for an example of what is acceptable.
THanks Jim, I had actually checked out your site some time ago :)
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 767
"I'm not even going to go into a discussion of what's best or WHO's the biggest badass since I there's no doubt in my mind that you're trolling for a response."

Well said, sir. I know how much goes into designing and manufacturing a product-not to mention the expense.
KoF
www.kingoffleece.com
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFleece View Post
"I'm not even going to go into a discussion of what's best or WHO's the biggest badass since I there's no doubt in my mind that you're trolling for a response."

Well said, sir. I know how much goes into designing and manufacturing a product-not to mention the expense.
KoF
www.kingoffleece.com
Thanks. I could have sent someone in and talk crap in the other hook thread but nah, can't be doing that shit. I have an idea for another product but so far, it'll be too expensive to make so we'll see.

I don't want to have it made overseas if I can help it. I would like to do something local.

By the way, nice looking site :)
Old 03-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Multiplicity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
My GSA has a built-in helmet holder

The left passenger peg
Multiplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
guiri OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplicity View Post
My GSA has a built-in helmet holder

The left passenger peg
EVERY bike has some kind of protruding part that you can hang
your helmet on.

Mine has a helmet lock and of course, the handlebars, the mirrors and so on.

NONE of them were ideal for me. The mirrors get out of whack when you hang the helmet on them, the end of the handlebars is not ideal as it will fall off if you move the bike, foot pegs and other things mounted ON the bike itself, ie, the frame puts the helmet too close to the hard parts of the bike, meaning you can and will scrape it.
Footpegs are usually mounted low, etc, etc.