Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #121
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Great first report Jenny!

Spurted coffee at the 8-bit hotel comment

I got some material from my friend Timi late last night, she is with the MACAD team of Tony Schattat (WR450), Ed Taylor (EXC300) and this year's second place in the Africa Race, Guillaume Martens (on his 690RR).

A bit of testing in the dunes yesterday:

Prepping the FE 450:

In the dunes:

Guilllaume, hopefully practicing sand techniques

Local hospitality

Brodovitch screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 11:50 PM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #122
rallyman1978
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
An 8bit hotel!
SNORT!!

Jenny -
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #123
BocaLupo
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Was on the plane with Timi, she wasn't hard to spot in her Husaberg backpack!
BocaLupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #124
BocaLupo
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Dude, that's seriously an amazing offer worth looking into, thanks! Will email you

I feel the love in here
Oups...., are you cheating me ???
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #125
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,376
Team Torque Racing travelogue... Day -2 (1 day before scrutineering)...

Had an amble around the paddock this morining - all ready a number of teams are setting up and undetaking their fianl prep prior to scrutineering tomorrow (Friday).

Caught up with a few friends and faces, and found Tony (Schattat) and Ed busy prepping their bikes in the shade, have undertaken a long journey last night to reach Douz in the small hours, and grab a few hours sleep in a nearby hotel...

Tony had bought a box of RNS equipment with him, having not had time to fit it all prior to shipping the bike last week:

Team mate Ed Taylor (they are both entered in Malle Moto) is the only rider on a 2-stroke this year - a KTM 300 EXC - and was also busy with last minute prep:

Across the car-park, Patsy and the Desert Rose Racing truck pulled in early this morning, again after a long night drive south from Tunis... Dave Peckham from RMS had travelled down from the UK with them, and RMS will be looking after the US contingent literally under the Desert Rose banner, or at least a spare canopy!

Now we just have to wait for the rest of the riders, and our own team bikes to arrive! Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 07:43 AM
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #126
gnuttis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Very nice report, hope to hear some from the Rally Raid Sweden. They took the flight yesterday to paris and then to tunisia. The big green Scania truck is already at place!

Hope to see many pictures!
gnuttis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #127
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,872
Looks like a BLAST !!!!
Good Luck to all !!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #128
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
This rally is sounding like the de facto ADV inmate rally to be at. Time to start planning to be there next year!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #129
Muecke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Nice!
Muecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #130
Ski2bumps
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Looking forward to your reports from the Tuareg Rally. Thanks Jenny

Hey Jenny, am a mate of Guillaume Martens from team MACAD and posted the daily reports on his FB page during the Africa Eco Race.
See that you are also following Tony Schattat who is in team MACAD together with Edward Taylor and the charming Polytimi.
Hopefully I can post some more during this rally and off course keeping fingers crossed that Guillaume can surprise us all again.
Looking forward to your reports...

Guillaumes KTM 690RR in new livery for the Tuareg

https://twitter.com/macadrally/statu...883970/photo/1[/QUOTE]
Ski2bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #131
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,989
Looks sharp!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #132
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski2bumps View Post
Hey Jenny, am a mate of Guillaume Martens from team MACAD and posted the daily reports on his FB page during the Africa Eco Race.
See that you are also following Tony Schattat who is in team MACAD together with Edward Taylor and the charming Polytimi.
Hopefully I can post some more during this rally and off course keeping fingers crossed that Guillaume can surprise us all again.
Looking forward to your reports...

Guillaumes KTM 690RR in new livery for the Tuareg

https://twitter.com/macadrally/statu...883970/photo/1
Nice first post! Great looking bike. Welcome to Rally fan central...
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #133
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,766
Tunesian dunes, my kinda dunes as they keep my fear of anything taller then a crate of beer in check;

Old 03-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #134
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,766
From Guillaume Martens (the big KTM 690);

Quote:
TUAREG RALLY 2013 - TUNISIA (9-15 March) -
training day 2

Today we had our second training day. Timi and I where doing two training sessions together, one after breakfast and one after lunch. One session on myself to train some speed in the dunes and on the pistes.

Let's start at the beginning. Timi did very well on the first smaller dunes but this was just to warm up and soon we both got several times stuck in some really soft and difficult dunes. She could improve her skills in picking up the bike, turning it around, pushing it down, picking it up again and so on... This is a very exhausting matter.

After 2 hours the batteries of Timi where pretty empty and a little frustration and disappointment was recognizable (she is a very ambitious woman). She showed a lot of willpower and perseverance. I was really proud of her, these dunes are not as easy as the ones we know from Morocco. I think next Saturday there will be a real battle in the dunes here in the dunes of Douz when around 190 motorcycle racers will start for the first special and some first timers will have to suffer a lot.

In the afternoon session, after a good lunch, Timi got her energy back and her confidence was growing again. She had a lot of fun, reconicebly at her big smiles. All in all a very good performance on her second day in the dunes.

As Timi was not in the mood for another session in the dunes, this was the moment for me to decide to have a quick round on myself through the dunes in a speedy session, which I enjoyed a lot. After a very satisfying training ride of 1,5 hours, I was a little over motivated and fell of the bike while making a wheely (like I do every second year ) on a sandy piste for the local public (shame on me). So I fell pretty hard on my back and it hurts a lot. I think I'm lucky that I can start on Saturday and it is probably the nessecairy signal from above, that tells me that I have to control my emotions more again, like I did in the Africa Race last January. Always when things are going well, I get over exited and then this kind of things do happen... (me stupido).

Tomorrow, Tony Schattat will help me to fix the bike, especially some broken parts on the navigation tower. The disassembladge of the broken plastic and bend metal parts could be done by myself this evening. And tomorrow I will start asking around in the bivouac if some friendly fellow racers can help me out with selling me some parts for replacement of the broken ones. If not available, we will have to go to town and let them be custom made by a local craftsman. In Douz there are more car workshops then anything else. It's the most important Trade in town, by the looks of it .

I will keep you informed, as time let's me!

Follow us on:
http://rally.macad.ch/
http://www.facebook.com/guillaume.martens.9
@macadrally (twitter)

Hang lose.
Guillaume
Old 03-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #135
gnuttis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
Tunesian dunes, my kinda dunes as they keep my fear of anything taller then a crate of beer in check;

What a Beauty!
gnuttis is offline   Reply With Quote