Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
Sounds possible. Question is, Is that acceptable? ...and is there a trend? So far I've got the only one, so maybe a fluke.
It would trouble me as it troubles you, esp 2-up with my gal. All I can suggest at this point is consider more air pressure at max speed/load, use talc for dry lube with the tube if you are not doing so already (to reduce scrubbing/heating on the tube), and send linky/pics with your specifics to Dunlop USA asking WTF.

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
rear preload cranked to max. 04 "S" had the stiffest rear spring, so what ya gonna do. The suspension set up works pretty good really (for two up). We do bottom out every once in a while. but its on stuff that you should bottom on.
Err no. You don't want to bottom out ... that is like stopping after the red light. Ok you are stopped .. but not safely. Generally you want to use say 80-90% of your travel. 100% is for emergency use only, not a regular thing.

Get a heavier spring. Even if you have to get custom wound.

------------
Can you relate the inner marks to the outer knobs? That is another good idea to investigate.
Warin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #18
YOGOI OP
Prick

Oddometer: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warin View Post
Err no. You don't want to bottom out ... that is like stopping after the red light. Ok you are stopped .. but not safely. Generally you want to use say 80-90% of your travel. 100% is for emergency use only, not a regular thing.

Get a heavier spring. Even if you have to get custom wound.

------------
Can you relate the inner marks to the outer knobs? That is another good idea to investigate.

That's really is about were it is at. Like I said, it does bottom once in a while (its not a regular thing), when it does it is expected.
When I am out on my own, I take the pre-load all the way out. The bike is balanced (I have PC stiffer springs and valving on the forks). The rear doesn't bottom.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
YOGOI OP
Prick

Oddometer: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
Just a left field question,, where was the tire made?

Pirelli went through some issues years ago with different assembly techniques between their Spanish and Brazilian manufacturing facilities.

Caused belt failures and poor tread life on their P-Zero line. I found I had to troll the tire shops to find the Spanish versions..

Just something to check...

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina38 View Post
I have a couple of 606's that are labeled made in Japan and the 908RR's are made in France.
Finally took a look at bad tire. The 908 was made in France, so not the case here.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #20
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
It does look like its the knobs flexing. I wouldn't be OK with that but two up riding the shit you do at the pace you do it doesn't surprise me.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote