Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Ordered one of these yesterday from Revzilla. I think I'm in between a Large and XL. The size guide says Large so let's see how it fits. Everything else I have is XL for the top. I have seen a lot of people between L and XL move to another jacket.
i ordered a Large and it does fit although its snug. I'm working out and dropping my winter weight so the snugness will be gone soon. I'm sitting at my desk today wearing my full suit and have everything zipped up tight. Guess what its comfortable. (Glad I'm working form home today) I just got in from snow blowing my driveway. It was comfortable out in the freezing blowing snow and wind with a thin base layer fleece under it.

GEESH I buy a new bike and a new riding suit and then we get 2 feet of snow before this weekends mild weather. GREAT....

So sizing is exactly what they list in the guides. My 44 "heavy" fits in a large. I'm 5 pounds over their 210 max weight but it works for me. The pants are a 36 for my 36 sized dress pants. I could have gone to a 34 as I like to cinch the waist band TIGHT. I hate to have that accordion back piece lose as it gets hit by the back protector when I stand up from sitting. With the 36 on I have the velcro adjusters pulled in all the way. If you don't have much of a bubble butt then you might want to purchase the KLIM suspenders that velcro around the internal loops of the pants.

Things I don't like.

The hip armor is surprisingly thick and it catches the bottom of the jacket. This pushes down on the pants making them want to head south. The higher back pant seems to catch on the inside of the jacket. I have MX pants that never slide down. It would be nice to just make the waist band normal and let the tail of the jacket cover the lower back.

What is up with this collar? It feels like a knife to the throat its so stiff and high in the front. The back and sides of the collar are falling inside the jacket. They are soft and do not hold a shape. Mine arrived crushed so maybe the fabric needs some time to recover but its an odd set up. I hope the front, with time, will break in and not cut into my neck.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote