Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #496
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Ordered one of these yesterday from Revzilla. I think I'm in between a Large and XL. The size guide says Large so let's see how it fits. Everything else I have is XL for the top. I have seen a lot of people between L and XL move to another jacket.
i ordered a Large and it does fit although its snug. I'm working out and dropping my winter weight so the snugness will be gone soon. I'm sitting at my desk today wearing my full suit and have everything zipped up tight. Guess what its comfortable. (Glad I'm working form home today) I just got in from snow blowing my driveway. It was comfortable out in the freezing blowing snow and wind with a thin base layer fleece under it.

GEESH I buy a new bike and a new riding suit and then we get 2 feet of snow before this weekends mild weather. GREAT....

So sizing is exactly what they list in the guides. My 44 "heavy" fits in a large. I'm 5 pounds over their 210 max weight but it works for me. The pants are a 36 for my 36 sized dress pants. I could have gone to a 34 as I like to cinch the waist band TIGHT. I hate to have that accordion back piece lose as it gets hit by the back protector when I stand up from sitting. With the 36 on I have the velcro adjusters pulled in all the way. If you don't have much of a bubble butt then you might want to purchase the KLIM suspenders that velcro around the internal loops of the pants.

Things I don't like.

The hip armor is surprisingly thick and it catches the bottom of the jacket. This pushes down on the pants making them want to head south. The higher back pant seems to catch on the inside of the jacket. I have MX pants that never slide down. It would be nice to just make the waist band normal and let the tail of the jacket cover the lower back.

What is up with this collar? It feels like a knife to the throat its so stiff and high in the front. The back and sides of the collar are falling inside the jacket. They are soft and do not hold a shape. Mine arrived crushed so maybe the fabric needs some time to recover but its an odd set up. I hope the front, with time, will break in and not cut into my neck.
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #497
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
What is up with this collar? It feels like a knife to the throat its so stiff and high in the front. The back and sides of the collar are falling inside the jacket. They are soft and do not hold a shape. Mine arrived crushed so maybe the fabric needs some time to recover but its an odd set up. I hope the front, with time, will break in and not cut into my neck.
It will break in. At least mine did.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #498
mreich77
GUNIVY

Oddometer: 162
I just bought the Traverse suit and I am experiencing the exact same issue with the collar, regarding being pulled down into the jacket. It seems the weight of the armor and the fact that the inside of the collar is not stitched to the outside anywhere is what is allowing the liner (and collar with it) to be pulled down and in. I thought that perhaps a stitch was left off when making it but a call to Klim seems to confirm that "they are all like that". When I pull the armor out things are fine (not enough weight to pull the inside down). I'm thinking about getting a couple of 1 inch or so tabs sewing the inside and outside together (this is how my rally2 is) which I think would alleviate the problem. New problem would then be the potential for leaks in these new stitches.

Love the suit otherwise.
mreich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #499
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreich77 View Post
I just bought the Traverse suit and I am experiencing the exact same issue with the collar, regarding being pulled down into the jacket. It seems the weight of the armor and the fact that the inside of the collar is not stitched to the outside anywhere is what is allowing the liner (and collar with it) to be pulled down and in. I thought that perhaps a stitch was left off when making it but a call to Klim seems to confirm that "they are all like that". When I pull the armor out things are fine (not enough weight to pull the inside down). I'm thinking about getting a couple of 1 inch or so tabs sewing the inside and outside together (this is how my rally2 is) which I think would alleviate the problem. New problem would then be the potential for leaks in these new stitches.

Love the suit otherwise.
I have the Traverse and the Badlands. Both break in and become much more comfortable over time.
Buster714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #500
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
I have the Traverse and the Badlands. Both break in and become much more comfortable over time.
I have the Badlands for three months now, and worn it commuting to work nearly every weekday. I think it's breaking in. But I'm not really sure. Maybe I'm just becoming desensitized to it.

Nevertheless, it's a great jacket.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #501
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post
Pulled the trigger on the L jacket and 34 Tall pants (6'3" 190lbs). Also hoping they fit .

Which colors did you guys go with. I went gray. Although I think I like the black better, I think the gray has some contrasting light/dark to it, which is more visible. My luck with Hiz Viz in the past has been a faded ugly mess after awhile and I wanted to avoid that (not to mention I have no idea when we will see the Hi Viz get in stock).
Just following up on this order. Received the gear today. It fits like a glove. I wouldn't want to go any bigger on the pants (34 Tall) as there is adequate comfort room there. In reading all the reviews on revzilla, many were recommending going up a size as the waist was too snug. This would not work for me. I am 34 jeans and these 34's are the same, fitting me perfect. Any bigger and I would start to float in the gear. I wonder how many people are overly optimistic in there waist size measurements .

Large jacket is also snug (in a good, not flapping in the breeze way); arm length is great for my long arms; and over all sizing is comfortable in riding position. I think fit is very good for my purpose. I have enough room for a base and mid layer, so it will work well (nothing too thick however). Now for the on road testing portion.

Overall this is one serious piece of kit! Very happy so far
kingby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #502
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,790
Quote:
*snip*

Living in Canada, there is no purchase option that has free shipping and returns. Living in Newfoundland, give no option for trying on at a local retailer. They are making this difficult to chose and not be stuck with a bunch of additional costs if I pick wrong.

Mike

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
I'd go large coat 34 pants. ^^
Quote:
Just following up on this order. *snip*

Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #503
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Just following up on this order. Received the gear today. It fits like a glove. I wouldn't want to go any bigger on the pants (34 Tall) as there is adequate comfort room there. In reading all the reviews on revzilla, many were recommending going up a size as the waist was too snug. This would not work for me. I am 34 jeans and these 34's are the same, fitting me perfect. Any bigger and I would start to float in the gear. I wonder how many people are overly optimistic in there waist size measurements .

Large jacket is also snug (in a good, not flapping in the breeze way); arm length is great for my long arms; and over all sizing is comfortable in riding position. I think fit is very good for my purpose. I have enough room for a base and mid layer, so it will work well (nothing too thick however). Now for the on road testing portion.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #504
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
just got back from a 2500 mile trip in my badlands jacket and adventure pants. Saw a little of everything. snow, rain, sun 32-92 degrees!
interstate at 80-90 in decent rainfall, everything is perfectly dry! Vented well enough that i was not uncomfortable at 80 degrees, as long as i was moving.
LOVE the fit. im 5'10 160. ordered a 32 pant and a medium jacket. in the cold i wear my powerlett heated liner, and some Norhtface running tights.
Got used to the camelback bladder, and can be filled while its in the jacket as long as youre carefull and the additional weight is not overly noticable once the jacket is on and the kidney belt is cinched up
i do need to order a set of suspenders for the pants. i find that they are relatively low rise and i find they sag as i move around on the bike.
Overall, its a lot of money, but i dont regret a penny of it!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #505
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I just ordered a set of new Badlands jacket and pants. Cool part is that the Klim rep was at the Local shop and he put in a request for the high vis and they told him it would arrive on Friday! Apparently it doesn't officially come out until april 28th. I might be the only person in the US with a high vis badlands jacket that doesn't work for Klim . Or I could be completely full of myself and there are really a bunch of other people that have them and just haven't said anything.
snbrd4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #506
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
I have the Badlands for three months now, and worn it commuting to work nearly every weekday. I think it's breaking in. But I'm not really sure. Maybe I'm just becoming desensitized to it.

Nevertheless, it's a great jacket.
I have a med. Latitude and it fit me comfortable from day 1. I washed it once and it's more comfortable. I've tried on the Badland in both med. and large and even sat on a bike.

I did not like the out of the box comfort at all. I know it's an awesome jacket but for some reason the Latitude fits me like a glove and the Badlands does not. I'm sure it would break in if i bought & used one.

I was testing the Badland because I was thinking of upgrading. That test convinced me to keep the Latitude as it's the perfect jacket for me.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #507
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
We have Three HiViz Badlands Pro Jackets that were shipped Monday & should be in the shop today or Friday. I think they are a L, XL, and 2XL. Still waiting on the HiViz Latitudes and the new Outlander line.

minimike
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #508
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
We have Three HiViz Badlands Pro Jackets that were shipped Monday & should be in the shop today or Friday. I think they are a L, XL, and 2XL. Still waiting on the HiViz Latitudes and the new Outlander line.

minimike
For anyone interested, I ordered my Badlands jacket and Traverse pants from Mike. Service was top-notch!!! Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #509
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
I have a med. Latitude and it fit me comfortable from day 1. I washed it once and it's more comfortable. I've tried on the Badland in both med. and large and even sat on a bike.

I did not like the out of the box comfort at all. I know it's an awesome jacket but for some reason the Latitude fits me like a glove and the Badlands does not. I'm sure it would break in if i bought & used one.

I was testing the Badland because I was thinking of upgrading. That test convinced me to keep the Latitude as it's the perfect jacket for me.
I didn't really have the option of trying on a two jackets, since I live 8 hours from the nearest Klim dealer that stocks both jackets.

Anyway, I'm not dissatisfied with the jacket, because I'm now accustomed to its fit. But it is stiff. I don't notice it when I'm on the bike, but walking around I notice how stiff the jacket is.

And fit is such an individual thing. My Badlands fits me very well. I have since tried on a Latitude and it fit me very well, also. I suppose I could have saved some $$$ and gone with the Latitude and been just as happy, but the Badlands is nevertheless an awesome jacket.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #510
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Just got home with my new HiViz Badlands. Much softer than my Latitude, similar weight, lots more adjustments. Can't figure out where to run the water bladder tube yet. Looks like you run it out of a pocket?

XL Latitude is the same as XL Badlands size wise. Collar on Badlands is more comfortable HiViz matches my helmet perfectly.

Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote