Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #6286
DingWeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16 View Post
lol. I think I'll leave the 800 at home then.
David,
Your CRF250x would be a Good choice for this ride!!
Scott
DingWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #6287
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,516
Its set up for trail riding, light, small gas tank, no lights. I dunno, I might have to get a WR or something similar. I like the new VFR I rode in Florida also. Too many bikes not enough time.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #6288
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
I'm on call tomorrow...

And if it's not too busy, I'll be posting an open casting call for characters to join the crew for the next installment of the Mobius trip... dates, .gpx routes, specifics, etc.

Yes, there will be some sand. -- Highlights will include the Mogollon rim (if the snow melts), the Old Mojave road... (secret question: "How far is the mailbox on the Old Mojave Road?"), full-contact immersion in Death Valley, a healthy dose of the North, East, and South rims of the Grand Canyon, and some other surprises along the way getting forth and back to Tucson.

In other news, I scored 134 yards of dark brown leather 1/8" laces for $20 on ebay, so now I can make and distribute Anti-hassle Tassels™ 'till the cows come home. They render riding sand a piece of cake, ...and totally make life worth living. And I'm not just saying that because they're our only corporate sponsor.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #6289
Rutsref
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Laugh Ooh Mojave road

..too easy Mailbox is at mile 73-74 depending on who's counting..and yes, if you like sand you'll LOVE this road
Oops, time for church, later.
jw
Old 03-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #6290
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
And if it's not too busy, I'll be posting an open casting call for characters to join the crew for the next installment of the Mobius trip... dates, .gpx routes, specifics, etc.

Yes, there will be some sand. -- Highlights will include the Mogollon rim (if the snow melts), the Old Mojave road... (secret question: "How far is the mailbox on the Old Mojave Road?"), full-contact immersion in Death Valley, a healthy dose of the North, East, and South rims of the Grand Canyon, and some other surprises along the way getting forth and back to Tucson.

In other news, I scored 134 yards of dark brown leather 1/8" laces for $20 on ebay, so now I can make and distribute Anti-hassle Tassels™ 'till the cows come home. They render riding sand a piece of cake, ...and totally make life worth living. And I'm not just saying that because they're our only corporate sponsor.

Why not sell the extras to help pay for the trip? You've got way more supporters who'd be willing to buy just to be part of this thing called Mobius.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #6291
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,713
"till the cows come home" I'll take one at my home... tassels that is.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #6292
rycomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
I think anti hassle tassels are earned, not purchased.
09 WR250R, do these come in any color other than blue?
former rides:98 KLR650, 01 SV650 (another blue bike),89 KLR650, 92 Bandit 400
rycomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #6293
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,713
my bad
Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #6294
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,257
I dont really wanna cow at my home, but hey, ya know,

The Blog from our adventure ride
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #6295
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,117
Quote:
... the Old Mojave road... (secret question: "How far is the mailbox on the Old Mojave Road?") ...

byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #6296
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,117
desert tortoises

Watch out for these little critters. I thought this one was a rock, 'till I went back and looked more closely.

byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #6297
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Mobius 11 open casting call

The script, er... I mean route, is DONE!

Would you like to play a role in one of the longest on-going two-wheeled adventures in N.A.? Sign up here for all or part of Mobius 11. No dramatic experience necessary. In fact, we HATE drama!

We will be departing from Tucson AZ on the morning of Saturday April 6th, riding for two weeks, heading north, then west through national forests, and across deserts, around the Grand Canyon, and back down to Tucson arriving on the 19th or 20th. We'll be camping as much as possible.

The routed mileage is 2481mi. There will be plenty of technical riding, and some pavement. I anticipate <10% pavement, 50% gravel or hard pack, 30% challenging terrain, and 10% to be outright big-bike malignant. We'll be on 400cc & 250cc bikes. There may be big bike go-arounds for technical sections, but if you choose to bring a beast you'll have to be responsible for figuring out where those are before hand -- I haven't scouted the route with big-bike go-arounds in mind.

As of now, we have a party of 4 confirmed -- Me & LDF, Dingweeds and BigDog. We have a few maybes. If you're interested in joining us, or intercepting us along the way, send me a private message on ADV with an email address, and I'll send you some GPS files to look over and load up, and we'll start sorting out logistics.

Sorry for the short notice, but as usual, everything takes longer, and the hills are steeper than they look in pictures, etc. yadda yadda.

By the way, we spent a few days in Tucson at the end of Feb, and our bikes are amazing. Tons of labor, parts, and love went into their maintenance and rehabilitation. We brought all our gear down and left it, so the bikes are packed and ready to GO!

Huge, HUGE thanks to Dingweeds for his efforts and assistance, and to Julie for her patience! I'll try to post up some photos from our visit.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #6298
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,773
GPS literate

Dr. Rock didn't say ------but I know he'd appreciate anybody that did show up to ride with us show up with the gps files loaded into their gps and know how to navigate the route on your own without help.
Knowing how to use your gps fully would be great and could be a huge safety factor for you.
It's makes thing so much easier for all of us.
We gather everybody up after a few miles but don't stop at every turn and never eat each others dust.
It will be essential for you to know where you are going, where you are at----and where you might need to go if trouble arises.
Maps will not cut it.
He didn't mention gas range---but we all have close to a 300 mile range. It would be best for you to have that also.
Getting lost-----hitting impassable mud---locked gates---road washouts---downed trees--etc., can drastically dig into your fuel reserves.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 10:11 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #6299
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 839
Route looks pretty darn cool. I'm sure all the roads will be perfectly good.
Wish I could come

Shameless Anti Hassle Tassel plug
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #6300
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Wink

Quote:
The script, er... I mean route, is DONE!

Would you like to play a role in one of the longest on-going two-wheeled adventures in N.A.? Sign up here for all or part of Mobius 11. No dramatic experience necessary. In fact, we HATE drama!

We will be departing from Tucson AZ on the morning of Saturday April 6th, riding for two weeks, heading north, then west through national forests, and across deserts, around the Grand Canyon, and back down to Tucson arriving on the 19th or 20th. We'll be camping as much as possible.
Sounds like fun! I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
Dr. Rock didn't say ------but I know he'd appreciate anybody that did show up to ride with us show up with the gps files loaded into their gps and know how to navigate the route on your own without help.
Knowing how to use your gps fully would be great and could be a huge safety factor for you.
It's makes thing so much easier for all of us.
We gather everybody up after a few miles but don't stop at every turn and never eat each others dust.
It will be essential for you to know where you are going, where you are at----and where you might need to go if trouble arises.
Maps will not cut it.
He didn't mention gas range---but we all have close to a 300 mile range. It would be best for you to have that also.
Getting lost-----hitting impassable mud---locked gates---road washouts---downed trees--etc., can drastically dig into your fuel reserves.

BigDog
If you guys don't mind me joining and my work/personal schedule works out with your adventure schedule, I'd love to tag along. I don't have a GPS though, but I do have 24 years of experience gallivanting around AZ! I know I thing or two about the country side so I'm not to scared about getting lost. In fact, I think I've been on most of your Arizona route before. Whether I'm on a bike or behind a computer screen, I'd love to follow along.
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote