VERY nice!
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #16877
Dcc46
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonfink13 View Post
got the pipes back from the ceramic coating place....looks like the weather is actually gonna let me ride this weekend...
Did you do the pipes or just the heat shields? Looks good.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #16878
fotopat
Pat / Cleveland, OH

Oddometer: 105
Triumph Scrambler City Bag

Could someone with a Triumph City Bag on their Scrambler give me the dimensions and perhaps the capacity of the bag? Am looking for something big enough to carry a tool kit and rain gear. It doesn't look very big and don't want to spend big bucks to get disappointed. Thanks.

photos on shutterfly

photos on flickr

photos on panoramio

photos on SmugMug

fotopat on facebook
fotopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #16879
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,220
37 out today , First time I have had the Scramber out this month:
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #16880
27Firehouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestones View Post
Congrats

An unusual trade sequence, what made you trade the tiger 800xc for the scrambler

Now post some pics!!
Tiger was a good bike, just had no character at least to me. Plus my short little ass (5'8 and 165) was never going to get extreme off road with it. Ive always liked the Bonnies and the Scram from the first time i sat on one a few years back was always in the back of my head for a bike i want. Im working on figuring out how to post pics.
27Firehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #16881
vonfink13
2013 Scrambler

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Did you do the pipes or just the heat shields? Looks good.
heat shields and mufflers...i am one of the odd lot that actually likes the blue pipes...
vonfink13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #16882
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,584
a couple of questions...

hi,

I have a couple of questions for you scrambler owners.

I like the bike, and have it on my radar. The first thing I like and wonder is the high pipe, those it melt your legs and luggage? I have a KLR and that stock exhaust is a gunge cord melter! (even without touching the bungees).

Second, what is the maintenance experience with the scrambler?

last, how good is it for 2 up? this is not a priority for me, but just wanted to know.

Thanks for your info! I like the bike it is like a cruiser KLR. I would like to have one for ridding to work or 200-250 mile days and the occasional 2 up day. I fit perfectly but I would like your input.

Damasovi
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #16883
Dcc46
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Blacked out turn signals and tail light

Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #16884
Oztraveller
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClineDesign View Post
Yep, bolts right on, a direct replacement. Now, should I keep the stock seat or sell it....
Depends where you live if you are planning on getting rid of the stock seat. I have the thrust on gel seat and have kept the original. The bike is parked outside all day while I'm at work. A 37C degree day (close to 100F) means the seat is too hot to ride home (the gel keeps the heat). alright in winter, but the stock seat goes on in summertime. Numb nads are better than baked nads!
Oztraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #16885
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
hi,

I have a couple of questions for you scrambler owners.

I like the bike, and have it on my radar. The first thing I like and wonder is the high pipe, those it melt your legs and luggage? I have a KLR and that stock exhaust is a gunge cord melter! (even without touching the bungees).

Second, what is the maintenance experience with the scrambler?

last, how good is it for 2 up? this is not a priority for me, but just wanted to know.

Thanks for your info! I like the bike it is like a cruiser KLR. I would like to have one for ridding to work or 200-250 mile days and the occasional 2 up day. I fit perfectly but I would like your input.

Damasovi

2up is fine, depending on your size. I had to upgrade the rear suspension ($200 hagons) but my wife and I are about 375 lbs geared up. Plenty of power unless you're one of those that are afraid to cruise above 3000 rpm. Added a backrest for when she comes along and she is happy.

Maintenance experience is great. Oil change 6k, valves were in spec at 12k.

Luggage is a challenge. The pipes don't bother your legs at all, but get in the way for luggage. There's some good options, just a few pages back in this thread, just pricey. If you travel alone and don't need much, a good tank bag and something strapped to the pillion area will be a cheap easy solution.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #16886
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
2up is fine, depending on your size. I had to upgrade the rear suspension ($200 hagons) but my wife and I are about 375 lbs geared up.

Maintenance experience is great. Oil change 6k, valves were in spec at 12k.

Luggage is a challenge. The pipes don't bother your legs at all, but get in the way for luggage.
Ok amigo thanks!! it sounds like something I could live with. Last year we did 1 or maybe 2 days of 2 up so no need for a gold wing of a 1000+ cc cruiser, and so far I would like my wife to get back on the bike so multi day trips are not even on my mind, solo multi days are! but I am needing less and less every time, so I waas thinking to have a friend build me some side racks to put soft lugguages or at best some givis that I already have.
Speed is not something I am know for, speed limit +10 is what I do most of the time, and speed limit is fine for me so I know this bike is set for.

the oil changes are nice, I read 4.5 quarts and I was omg! but if you can leave it 6k miles it is the same as having 2.5 q for 2-3 miles.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #16887
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztraveller View Post
Depends where you live if you are planning on getting rid of the stock seat. I have the thrust on gel seat and have kept the original. The bike is parked outside all day while I'm at work. A 37C degree day (close to 100F) means the seat is too hot to ride home (the gel keeps the heat). alright in winter, but the stock seat goes on in summertime. Numb nads are better than baked nads!
Just throw a light coloured towel over the seat, tuck in to the edges, or use a small bungee cord. My wife learned to leave her coat laying on her Street Triple gel seat when it was parked in the sun. Or just pretend you're in the Dakar and ride the first few miles standing on the pegs.

My wife and I stand on the pegs even on our street bikes, great way to stretch on a long ride.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #16888
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
Ok amigo thanks!! it sounds like something I could live with. Last year we did 1 or maybe 2 days of 2 up so no need for a gold wing of a 1000+ cc cruiser, and so far I would like my wife to get back on the bike so multi day trips are not even on my mind, solo multi days are! but I am needing less and less every time, so I waas thinking to have a friend build me some side racks to put soft lugguages or at best some givis that I already have.
Speed is not something I am know for, speed limit +10 is what I do most of the time, and speed limit is fine for me so I know this bike is set for.

the oil changes are nice, I read 4.5 quarts and I was omg! but if you can leave it 6k miles it is the same as having 2.5 q for 2-3 miles.

Thanks!

Concerning luggage, solo multi days are easier. If you're willing to use a tank bag, then strap a big bag across the pillion area. You can get close to 100 liters without racks.

For more, check out the Venture system, it's huge.

Get a backrest for your wife, she'll feel so much better about riding with you. 4 bolts and 5 minutes to install or uninstall.

As far as speed, the lack of wind protection nails me way before the scrambler runs out of grunt. But there's a few cheap fixes that help a bit.

Good luck, it's SUCH a good all a rounder -- fun around town, still capable of touring and occasional two-up.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #16889
vite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #16890
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 934
Went for a ride today, but I'm in-between dirtbikes, and don't much like riding on the road. A bunch of kids were riding quads and smokers when I rolled up... the looks I got on the 500 lb pig were priceless.

From junk
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote