Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
bully1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,146
Hopetoun Run ( Beer with Rick n Ev )

A few weeks ago my wife said to me "you're getting cranky again, bout time you jumped on your bike and pissed off "

what's a bloke to do, find a weekend and a few drinking partners and "piss off ".........

With a long weekend approaching a plan was hatched, a few phonecalls made and away we went. I hadn't seen Rick and Ev since the OCBR last November and had a lust to ride Ricks Ural, so ......

Davey Sprocket was the first to put his hand up, quickly followed by Guzzimike and Reklaw, Aussie Digger wanted to come as did Pommy Steve. as the PD is getting some resto work done and the sidecar is still unattached, I called it as a bitumen run so bring out your roadbikes.

Davey was on the 12 GS, Guzzimike on his MK 4 Le Mans, Reklaw on the F650 GS, Digger on the 12 GSA, Steve on his GSXR and myself on the sidecar tug GSX 14.

We met at Macca's in Armadale and headed off down Albany Highway, turned off and run out through wandering to Pumphreys bridge for a quick break, well except for Steve who missed the turn and went past at about 180

what a difference a summer makes

once we mounted back up and headed into Narrogin for a top up, found Steve, then headed to Wagin ( lost Steve again ) and on to Katanning for a coffee, found Steve again, he'd stopped to do some shopping at a little boutique in Narrogin

Not sure if he had any boiled lollies or not, reckons that the clouds above were frightening him, we don't get the chance to ride in the rain very often, haven't seen any for quite a few months.

Cotinued on down to Gnowangerup for another top up, as we were fuelling a large gruop of Ulyssians on Leadwings and other large tourers came through, about 5kms out of town Mike and I came up on the tail enders, was funny to watch some of these wallowing down the road, don't get me wrong, I'm a Ulyssian as well, but watching big porky bikes with big porky old blokes wandering all over the road isn't my cup of tea. We rounded them up at a little over the speed limit and headed for our lunch date at the Jerramungup pub.

Whilst there Steve was once again displaying his fashion items

As we were finishing up lunch a mate of mine from work walked in, he was 4 days into a month long ride, Kev ( forrest ) only bought his first bike about 4 months ago, now he has 3 and has just sold one, he was on the ex Motoradd Garage Tiger XC. Kev is heading to Alice for a look so joined us on the leg to Ravensthorpe and would then continue on to Esperance

A quick ride in the rain to Ravensthorpe, Rick had ridden out from Hopie to meet us, a refuel and then ride into Hopetoun. This town had a large BHP input a few years ago then the price of nickel plummeted and the mine was closed, has now been sold off and re-opened, this is a great little town right on the southern ocean with great beaches and fishing.

Once at RicknEv's we set up tents on the back lawn and had a few cold bevvies

now Steve and Guzzimike are good mates but I reckon having your tents erected so that they are almost con-joind is just a little bit "Brokeback Mountain"for me ....... there would be a story about this in the morning....

Next morning Rick and I headed off for a bit of a ride on his 1950's Ural and Ev's beautiful R50

just love the rustic brake switch

to be continued......the run North....
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote