Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #46
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,733
These look interesting and may consider them as a replacement for the stock panniers coming on the Ducati Hyperstrada when it arrives……

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #47
deciacco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
We're finalizing pricing on them this week, and we'll be posting them this weekend. If you sign up for the newsletter, you'll be the first to get a heads up, and a coupon worth $100 off of a set from the first order!
Hi, my buddy and I are in the market to replace our vario cases. I was browsing ADVrider and came across this posting. I signed up for the newsletter, but I was wondering if there was any progress on pricing.

I want to fit the ones with the cutouts on my GS. Would I have to buy the BMW racks or do you supply racks with the kit. Right now we are considering the Touratech Special Edition or the BMW Adventure Panniers. I really like these as they seem very well constructed. I guess what I'm looking for is what would I need to do to go from GS Varios to Globescout w/ cutout, and how much will that cost?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #48
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciacco View Post
Hi, my buddy and I are in the market to replace our vario cases. I was browsing ADVrider and came across this posting. I signed up for the newsletter, but I was wondering if there was any progress on pricing.

I want to fit the ones with the cutouts on my GS. Would I have to buy the BMW racks or do you supply racks with the kit. Right now we are considering the Touratech Special Edition or the BMW Adventure Panniers. I really like these as they seem very well constructed. I guess what I'm looking for is what would I need to do to go from GS Varios to Globescout w/ cutout, and how much will that cost?

Thanks.
We have made progress. Pricing is pretty much set at this point, and I'm actually going through and adding all the products to the site. I expect to have that done in the next few days. I'm planning an email communication on Saturday or Sunday to all folks on the mailing list with more information, including pricing and projected availability.

We'll also have a sale on everything else we have leading up to the launch of the products. It corresponds to a complete overall of our sites as well. (Reactive design - works on all devices from PCs to iPhones ) It's been a very busy March...

In regard to what you are looking for on your R1200GS - we can do that. We can source the OEM brackets for you, no problem. Globescout also has a rack as well that is newly available that the same panniers that attach to the OEM mounts will work on. I'm not 100% certain if we have those in the same order though. Our GM and Globescout expert Bill can help either way. He can work up an all-in package price for you as well (two kits, racks, etc.) if you give him a call on the toll-free -- 877-333-9669.

Does that help?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #49
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,795
What are the correct dimensions on the top box? At GlobeScout's site, the description says 440mm wide (~17.3"), while the pic diagram says 400mm (15.7"). Trying to compare sizing to the Trax box, which is listed @ 38L and measures at 16.1" wide(?).

Will it be possible to get matching lock sets if the top box and panniers are ordered seperately?
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #50
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
What are the correct dimensions on the top box? At GlobeScout's site, the description says 440mm wide (~17.3"), while the pic diagram says 400mm (15.7"). Trying to compare sizing to the Trax box, which is listed @ 38L and measures at 16.1" wide(?).

Will it be possible to get matching lock sets if the top box and panniers are ordered seperately?
Good question on the top box! We actually have one (in black) at the shop now, and I've asked Bill to get an exact measurement on it. I've also alerted Globescout to the discrepancy.

We can get a set of 6 to match, no problem, but doing it at two different times is problematic. There are hundreds of possible combinations, and at any time we'll only have about 30-40 sets (or less if sales are good ) in stock. We'll look for a match, but the odds won't be good, and we can't specifically order in a combination number. Worst case scenario, you can get a brand new set of 6 - it should be $60ish.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
deciacco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
We have made progress. Pricing is pretty much set at this point, and I'm actually going through and adding all the products to the site. I expect to have that done in the next few days. I'm planning an email communication on Saturday or Sunday to all folks on the mailing list with more information, including pricing and projected availability.

We'll also have a sale on everything else we have leading up to the launch of the products. It corresponds to a complete overall of our sites as well. (Reactive design - works on all devices from PCs to iPhones ) It's been a very busy March...

In regard to what you are looking for on your R1200GS - we can do that. We can source the OEM brackets for you, no problem. Globescout also has a rack as well that is newly available that the same panniers that attach to the OEM mounts will work on. I'm not 100% certain if we have those in the same order though. Our GM and Globescout expert Bill can help either way. He can work up an all-in package price for you as well (two kits, racks, etc.) if you give him a call on the toll-free -- 877-333-9669.

Does that help?
Perfect! Thank you!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #52
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Hi Rob,

I'm getting a new 1190 Adventure R. Those panniers will be available for that bike?
Please let me know ASAP
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Hi Rob,

I'm getting a new 1190 Adventure R. Those panniers will be available for that bike?
Please let me know ASAP
Yes, they will be. I expect the racks to be available in limited quantities however. I haven't even seen a picture of what they look like. If you think you would like a set, shoot us an email (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) and we can do some additional investigation regarding pricing, an availability date, and early pictures.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #54
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Yes, they will be. I expect the racks to be available in limited quantities however. I haven't even seen a picture of what they look like. If you think you would like a set, shoot us an email (customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com) and we can do some additional investigation regarding pricing, an availability date, and early pictures.
Thank you Rob,

An email was sent today.
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #55
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:

40L Top Box Measurements (in 'murican) - 15" l x 15" w x 13" t
23L Top Box Measurements (in 'murican) - 12" l x 15" w x 9" t
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #56
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Thank you Rob,

An email was sent today.
You mis-spelled the email address , but I got it and forwarded it over to Bill. He'll be on the phone Monday and in touch as soon as they advise.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #57
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Folks on the mailing list were notified last night - pricing has been set! $799 for the R1200GS Adventure kit and other kits start at $1049 - $1099. Options include:
  • Black Anodizing - $100
  • Pre-drilling for bolt on install - $50
  • Inner bags - $40 each ($50 each when not ordered with panniers)
  • Lid Nets - $25 each ($30 each when not ordered with panniers)
  • Carry Handles - $20 each ($25 each when not ordered with panniers)

We're expecting pre-ordering to open in the next 10 days. Folks who subscribe to the newsletter will be alerted first.

We're also looking for folks with the following bikes: R1200GS 05-12, R1200GS 13+ (when it's available), Super Tenere, G650GS 11+, and the NC700X. If you send us 5 great pictures of the kit installed, we'll send you a pair of lid nets. (contact us if you're interested) This is in ADDITION to the $100 off pre-order coupon.

More details and pictures are now available on ADVDepot.com.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #58
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,795
Am I missing something - I'm not seeing any info for the top cases?

Am I correct that the top case is not included in the 'kits', even though they appear in some of the 'kit' pics?
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #59
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Am I missing something - I'm not seeing any info for the top cases?

Am I correct that the top case is not included in the 'kits', even though they appear in some of the 'kit' pics?
Thanks for pointing that out - top cases will be going activated on the site later this week.

Top cases are not included in the kit. The only one with a picture of the topcase is the F800GS, and it's specifically noted in the description that it's not included.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #60
Happycamper
Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Folks on the mailing list were notified last night - pricing has been set! $799 for the R1200GS Adventure kit and other kits start at $1049 - $1099. Options include:
  • Black Anodizing - $100
  • Pre-drilling for bolt on install - $50
  • Inner bags - $40 each ($50 each when not ordered with panniers)
  • Lid Nets - $25 each ($30 each when not ordered with panniers)
  • Carry Handles - $20 each ($25 each when not ordered with panniers)

We're expecting pre-ordering to open in the next 10 days. Folks who subscribe to the newsletter will be alerted first.

We're also looking for folks with the following bikes: R1200GS 05-12, R1200GS 13+ (when it's available), Super Tenere, G650GS 11+, and the NC700X. If you send us 5 great pictures of the kit installed, we'll send you a pair of lid nets. (contact us if you're interested) This is in ADDITION to the $100 off pre-order coupon.

More details and pictures are now available on ADVDepot.com.
Rob,

I did not get any details and I signed up. Will send you a pm with my info.

Happycamper

2007 G650 Xchallenge - Sold
2009 F800GS
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R - may my meager skills be up to the challenge

Happycamper screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 07:30 PM
Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote