ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #751
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
nah. Leave it open. I'll try to get a better rc track or dragstrip this weekend. Spring weather is going to be here. I am just one tag short of this one though... .
ok
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #752
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Had a great drag strip opportunity today. They were even racing. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a DNF-Mechanical. I'm down until parts arrive. Someone else, go grab this one.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #753
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Had a great drag strip opportunity today. They were even racing. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a DNF-Mechanical. I'm down until parts arrive. Someone else, go grab this one.
Details and pics of the DNF cause?
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #754
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
Details and pics of the DNF cause?
Bike prep yesterday morning. Adjusted the chain. WAY loose. WTF. Get it perfect. Go for a spin around the block and hear a noise when coasting to a stop. Back home. Notice the chain seems tight??? Check chain alignment. Close, if not perfect. Rotate the wheel while on the stand. The tight spot is zero slack, loose the rest of the way around to the upper limit of allowable slack. Tight spot didn't match up with any spot on either sprocket. It does match the chain. I've somehow got a chain that's stretched 3/4+ of the way around.
Chain, I can find locally. However, not one Kaw dealer within 200 miles has the sprockets. Not one dealer of any sort has aftermarket sprockets. The big, multi-brand dealer that I bought the bike from carries ZERO sprockets of any sort for any bike.

To prevent this from going into my typical parts store rant/rage, I'll leave it at that. I am running out of reasons to continue trying to support the local guys.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #755
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Wow, that sucks big time. For what it is worth, when I did my last chain / sprocket replacement I also installed a Scotoiler. Makes a huge difference in chain life and smoothness.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Bike prep yesterday morning. Adjusted the chain. WAY loose. WTF. Get it perfect. Go for a spin around the block and hear a noise when coasting to a stop. Back home. Notice the chain seems tight??? Check chain alignment. Close, if not perfect. Rotate the wheel while on the stand. The tight spot is zero slack, loose the rest of the way around to the upper limit of allowable slack. Tight spot didn't match up with any spot on either sprocket. It does match the chain. I've somehow got a chain that's stretched 3/4+ of the way around.
Chain, I can find locally. However, not one Kaw dealer within 200 miles has the sprockets. Not one dealer of any sort has aftermarket sprockets. The big, multi-brand dealer that I bought the bike from carries ZERO sprockets of any sort for any bike.

To prevent this from going into my typical parts store rant/rage, I'll leave it at that. I am running out of reasons to continue trying to support the local guys.
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #756
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
Wow, that sucks big time. For what it is worth, when I did my last chain / sprocket replacement I also installed a Scotoiler. Makes a huge difference in chain life and smoothness.
Putting a parts order together now. I'll look at them. I'm usually pretty good with chain maintenance. Or at least I was when it was all dirt bikes around here.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #757
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Putting a parts order together now. I'll look at them. I'm usually pretty good with chain maintenance. Or at least I was when it was all dirt bikes around here.
I always thought I was good with chain mx, to but the difference with teh oiler is incredible. The chain is silent, smooth and almost never needs adjustment. The current chain/sprockets have over 20K on them and no wear is evident. When I was researching the oiler, many reviews claimed better than 50K chain life. Now I see that they were not exaggerating.
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #758
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Just looked at them. More expensive than I thought they were, but less than the price of a new chain/sprockets.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #759
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Two weeks, do I need to amend the list?
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #760
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Nah. Just finished getting the new sprockets and chain installed 15 minutes ago...
Got a week's worth of tagging to do tomorrow...

Edit: surprising that EVERY SINGLE NOISE I was hearing was directly related to a chain that appeared fine visually.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)

wb57 screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 08:07 PM
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #761
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
Alright, here we go again...


How about 5 race tracks;
1 - Radio Control race track
pass

2 - Drag Strip


The tower


The entrance sign:




3 - Motocross
BMX track



4 - Dirt track







5 - Go Kart track



Wild Card - any other kind of race track
Track and field track
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #762
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 8,395
It's alive! The game is alive!

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
More info at www.sidecardogs.com

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #763
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,966
New list.
Since I gave O2TAC grief about this one, an honorary O2TAC list.


1) O - get a sign containing the word "oxygen"

2) 2 - a stretch of two lane road ahead of you with no other vehicles visible

3) T - a shop whose primary focus is tea. Coffee shops allowed as long as it's obvious they sell tea.
-OR-
- a place that sells golf Tees. Either a golf pro shop or a golf retailer. Not a generic sporting goods store or the like.

4) A - A business whose name starts with or is AA or AAA

5) C - a carbon based life form. Not yourself.

Wildcard) O2TAC on a bike (a gimme for one person in this game. )
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)

wb57 screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 07:29 AM
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #764
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #765
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Wildcard) O2TAC on a bike (a gimme for one person in this game. )
I feels special.
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014