ohenry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
3/1/2013 Moto Mountain

First part of the day was fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rky...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Q4a...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ4Zb...rpeKrA&index=1
The unique thing about the north side is the shale rock that move like plates under your tires! At the end if the day I had one under my rear tire that forced me to the right of the trail. When I arrived on the other side of the trail and tried to steer back to the middle the edge of the trail marked by a log that was placed running parallel to the trail to stop people from going over the small embankment. Because it had been raining for days there was nothing to keep my front tire on the trail so instead of being able to just turn my front tire got engulfed between the log and trail! It sank to the tank pinning my left leg as I kept going. CRACK! I yanked my left leg out and tried to stand but there was no structure/bone so I laid and rested waiting for my buddy to turn around.

Ben called the office and the awesome Moto Mountain staff was there in 20 minutes with a gator, 2 ATV's, and 1 dirt bike! They loaded me into the bed of the gator and the other guys yanked my bike out and rode it to my truck. The hill climbs with my broken leg was painful hill climbs and all but I was deep in the trail system. My buddy Ben and the Moto Mountain staff loaded the bikes and me into my truck. Ben drove me to the Jasper mountainside hospital where my Wife was waiting for me! The staff was great and had my out of there in 3 hours! Once we got home Ben had my truck trailer and bike back! He had pressure washed my bike.
I had to wait until Monday to see the orthopedic surgeon who told men that my tibia was shattered and my ankle broken! On Tuesday 3/5 they operated and installed a titanium rod and they installed some screw's.
Thanks to the awesome Moto Mountain staff, my Wife, Ben, Jasper mountainside hospital, and my surgeon Dr. Tim Micek!
Ohenry

ohenry screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 08:23 AM
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
marshy19
Georgia Clay

Oddometer: 18
That sucks!

Sorry to hear about the injury but it seems your taking it very well. Once you get back to riding ping me as I ride a ktm690 and love riding the kinda trails you and Ben were riding.

Looking for the next perfect trail...
marshy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 471
Sorry to hear about the injury, but I did so enjoy the videos. I grew up in Georgia, and I still have a hard time with all the sand here in NM. Those trails look like a great time. Heal fast and get right back on the horse.
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
ohenry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I could not believe how fast and strange it was..
I was just going along got pushed off course from some trail junk and as soon as I turned beck to the center of the trail my front end dove 3 feet and stopped! I stayed in motion and crack.
Look this is the trail looking back

Crazy

It looks like a perfect weekend to ride this weekend!
Have fun!
Blake
Ohenry
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,261
ouch!

Damn Blake, sure hate to hear of your injury. I was looking at that 250 you bought from Mike. Nice ride, heal fast and climb back on for sure.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Yep,that's a bummer for sure,i have had weird mishaps before too,don't feel too bad ,heal up&go again.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
ohenry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It will be awhile but yeah I will be back on and riding!
Thanks for all the well wishes they help for sure!

I love the KLX250s GA. DUALSPORT WANTABE the previous owner Mike treated it like a baby! All I had to do is remove the air box lid and it is running perfectly. The crash only scuffed the stickers! I came off of a 08 TE250 so the power is not as good but on the street the KLX250s is way better.
What are you riding these days?

Ohenry
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,261
Mostly a YZ 250 smoker in Harescrambles these days. I still have a 950 Adventure, but mostly a daily commuter. I have the itch for another dualsport though. Heal up fast,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post
It will be awhile but yeah I will be back on and riding!
Thanks for all the well wishes they help for sure!

I love the KLX250s GA. DUALSPORT WANTABE the previous owner Mike treated it like a baby! All I had to do is remove the air box lid and it is running perfectly. The crash only scuffed the stickers! I came off of a 08 TE250 so the power is not as good but on the street the KLX250s is way better.
What are you riding these days?

Ohenry
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #9
ohenry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
Mostly a YZ 250 smoker in Harescrambles these days. I still have a 950 Adventure, but mostly a daily commuter. I have the itch for another dualsport though. Heal up fast,
Sounds good!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
ohenry OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have uploaded the crash video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUXoR...ature=youtu.be