Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #136
jwdub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
OOPS! Openoffice files are 147MB!! No can do with dial-up.
jwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #137
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by head2wind View Post
hello everyone,

i have been cleaning up the jetting matrix hosted on my google domain. I made some new graphs for comparing some of the information. The graphing functions are limited but it does help visualize the data accross the whole set.

This is no longer editable and if you have alterations that you would like to make please contact me at ken@advmachines.com

cheers,
ken
ken:
Is this still around? I cant seem to get it to load up anway i try it. Hekp
matt
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #138
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,226
Bumping this since its a good thread.

2-1 pipe, LeoVince SBK with no insert
K&N type air filter
fuel screw 1.5 turns out
45 pilot jets
155 front MJ
160 rear MJ
Clip in 3rd slot in needle, no washers underneath

Problems:
1) Need to give it a little throttle when starting, even with choke on. Hot and cold.
2) Guys behind me say it smells like a 70's muscle car.
3) Feels flat on top.

Suggestions?
I was thinking of going to 1.75 turns out on the fuel screw, and to lower the needle a 1/2 clip with a washer. And to bump both main jets up to the next size.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #139
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

BTW, the XLS file can be found here.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #140
Uneasy Rider
The life of Riley

Oddometer: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Bumping this since its a good thread.

2-1 pipe, LeoVince SBK with no insert
K&N type air filter
fuel screw 1.5 turns out
45 pilot jets
155 front MJ
160 rear MJ
Clip in 3rd slot in needle, no washers underneath

Problems:
1) Need to give it a little throttle when starting, even with choke on. Hot and cold.
2) Guys behind me say it smells like a 70's muscle car.
3) Feels flat on top.

Suggestions?
I was thinking of going to 1.75 turns out on the fuel screw, and to lower the needle a 1/2 clip with a washer. And to bump both main jets up to the next size.
The 70's muscle car smell makes me think you are running a bit rich. I don't think I'd want to go any richer by increasing the size of your mains & turning out your fuel screws.

Have you verified that your carbs are in synch? This can cause some hard starting & poor idling.

What is your float height set at? These bikes seem to be very sensitive to proper float height.

Is that K&N clean? Dirty filter = hard starting, rich running, plug fouling etc...

Just some things I'd be checking......
Uneasy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #141
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider View Post
The 70's muscle car smell makes me think you are running a bit rich. I don't think I'd want to go any richer by increasing the size of your mains & turning out your fuel screws.

Have you verified that your carbs are in synch? This can cause some hard starting & poor idling.

What is your float height set at? These bikes seem to be very sensitive to proper float height.

Is that K&N clean? Dirty filter = hard starting, rich running, plug fouling etc...

Just some things I'd be checking......

Filter is clean and carbs are synced. I haven't checked the float heights. What's the stock height?

I figured the starting behavior might be too lean, but looking at the jetting spreadsheet, it might be too right with the 45 pilots. I'll see if I can pick up some 42's to give a shot.

I wanted to try to go up in main jet size to see if it fixes the flat full throttle + high rpm.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #142
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
How do you jetting sensei find the idea of using the H2W jetting with 2 differences:
1) DNA filter in place of the stock (prefilter in place)
2) stock mains (or otherwise) instead of the smaller H2W mains.

The aim is to keep the nice low-mid of the H2W setup with a bit more oomph higher up. I also happen to already have a DNA so it is a no brainer in terms of expense.

mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #143
jmanpt
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Need Jets for CVRD 43

Hi, I ordered the CPR intake and jetting kit from ADV machines and installed these two items. I also did a little port work while I was at it and made a 2 into 1 exhaust. My bike almost wont start up now. If I put the choke on full. It will idle most of the time. If I touch the throttle it will die instantly. The bike will not start without the choke on full. It seems to me I am very lean and need a bigger pilot?? Is there a source to just buy the jets I need without buying a kit like I already have??? If so, please post a source. Spring will be here in less than 2 weeks and I want to ride.

After letting the bike fully warm with the choke on full I managed to get it to halfway run and took it for a ride. I had to start it every time I came to a stop, which wasn't easy. Off idle it is awful. If I can get the bike into the upper midrange it will run. The transition from low rpms to higher rpms is terrible. At wot in the upper rpm's it ran decent. I need a source for parts for this carb. It appears like everything else on this bike, (chain, fuel pump, carb) the jets might be special unto this bike and has been discontinued. Any info appreciated. Especially where I can get jets. Thanks
jmanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #144
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,784
I believe CPR filter set is put together with the help of H2W. He could help.

You should get in touch with cjdesigns and they will set you right.
The jet source is :
http://www.pjmotorsports.com/keihin-...ml#main%20jets but you need to know what you are doing.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #145
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanpt View Post
Hi, I ordered the CPR intake and jetting kit from ADV machines and installed these two items. I also did a little port work while I was at it and made a 2 into 1 exhaust. My bike almost wont start up now. If I put the choke on full. It will idle most of the time. If I touch the throttle it will die instantly. The bike will not start without the choke on full. It seems to me I am very lean and need a bigger pilot?? Is there a source to just buy the jets I need without buying a kit like I already have??? If so, please post a source. Spring will be here in less than 2 weeks and I want to ride.

After letting the bike fully warm with the choke on full I managed to get it to halfway run and took it for a ride. I had to start it every time I came to a stop, which wasn't easy. Off idle it is awful. If I can get the bike into the upper midrange it will run. The transition from low rpms to higher rpms is terrible. At wot in the upper rpm's it ran decent. I need a source for parts for this carb. It appears like everything else on this bike, (chain, fuel pump, carb) the jets might be special unto this bike and has been discontinued. Any info appreciated. Especially where I can get jets. Thanks
Hello jmanpt,

If you are having issues, you can contact me with the email address that came with the kit. I am more than willing to help you work on resolving the problem that you are having.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #146
jmanpt
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I couldn't figure out how to message you directly but my email address is jmanpt@iland.net I would really appreciate your help and will gladly pay. I want to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
Hello jmanpt,

If you are having issues, you can contact me with the email address that came with the kit. I am more than willing to help you work on resolving the problem that you are having.
jmanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #147
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,520
my contact info

emailto: advmachines@advmachines.com will get to me

Sending another set of pilot jets to you, will go in the mail tomorrow AM

Ken
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #148
Marc Lenssen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hi Guys,

2004 950 here, Wings exhausts with drilled out silencers, DNA filter, standard snorkel and one sommer door. Elevation 0 (Netherlands, so actually slighly below). Is raising the needles by 1 position enough for her? Or should I go for changing some of the jets? I need a few starts with choke now before she catches, once she runs no issues at all with idle but she runs a bit rough and I have the feelng she is low on power. She runs cleanest above 7000rpm. This is my forst 950 so I am not sure exactly on how she could run.
Any suggestions on jet sizes and fuelling settings?

Thanks,
Marc

Marc Lenssen screwed with this post 03-11-2013 at 01:53 AM
Marc Lenssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 AM   #149
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Lenssen View Post
Hi Guys,

2004 950 here, Wings exhausts with drilled out silencers, DNA filter, standard snorkel and one sommer door. Elevation 0 (Netherlands, so actually slighly below). Is raising the needles by 1 position enough for her? Or should I go for changing some of the jets? I need a few starts with choke now before she catches, once she runs no issues at all with idle but she runs a bit rough and I have the feelng she is low on power. This is my forst 950 so I am not sure exactly on how she could run.
Any suggestions on jet sizes and fuelling settings?

Thanks,
Marc
DNA will require at least 165/170 mains even without sommers doors. My SE without doors, DNA and 160/165 is running lean. Stock mains are 155/160. With 160/165 mains, it runs very well with open doors and stock filter. So, in other words, you are extremely lean on top! Put the needles in 3rd position also (raise them one notch from stock).
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #150
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,174
Jetting Advice please

Looking for some assistance and a "new" starting point. Thanks for any advice:
2005 KTM 950 ADV
500-1000 ft elevation
Currently 80-90 degrees temps and, of course, humid
Stock ignition

• Performed OC Wisdom SAS/cannisterectomy removal
  • Installed D&D pipes
  • Rejetted carb with Pro Factory kit
  • 168/165 mains, needle 3rd clip (small washer on bottom, large on top), 3mm float height, 45 mains and 2-2.25 turns on the mix screws. (These settings were initially recommended by a vendor)
  • Sportingwood's intake and ITG foam filter; removes airbox entirely
  • Performed flappendectomy
  • Installed Alternate Cycle vacuum fuel pump - using front left manifold outlet to run the vacuum pump. All others are plugged.
  • Coil/spark plug wires are seated all the way down
  • Fresh fuel and inline fuel filter
  • New NGK Iridium spark plugs
  • Used Flowmeter to check synch on carbs 10.5 hg
  • TPS output is about .58 volts
  • Still running crappy - hanging idle (lean?) but hangs longer than what a lean condition would indicate after blipping the throttle. I set it about 1400-1500, it jumps to 2000-2100. And if I adjust the idle back down to compensate, idle will drop down low to 1000 RPMs (and sometimes stall)
  • 5k RPM to 7k RPM gap/stumble/bog when warmed up; bike feels rich, not crisp on throttle
Found slight digs/marks in upper level of front carb boot - new one on order, but have sealed off temporarily with grease/silicone to ensure no leak and the scrapes are very small and further above the sealing point of the carb to intake.....but may still be an issue.
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote