Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
MrHix OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Rekluse EXP for 690 ER KTM?

Hi,

Called Rekluse today and they said an EXP for the 690 was "in the works", which I guess means they thought about it. There is no timeline for starting. Maybe if we could show them how many folks are interested, they might move their timeline up and we might get one.

Anybody else???

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 750
This isn't the first go 'round of people inquiring about an auto clutch for the 690. The reality is that because it has a slipper clutch (NOT to be confused with a centrifugal clutch) it would require replacing more parts (i.e. inner hub, basket, etc) compared to a bike that was delivered with a standard clutch. Totally possible, but it would drastically increase the cost of production and cost to the end buyer. I'm pretty sure that you would lose some of the benefits of the slipper clutch in street use too.

Add that to the amount of 690's out there versus the percent of 690 riders that would be willing/wanting to spend the money on it and I doubt it will be worth it for the manufacturer in the end. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 750
although now that the wheels are turning in my head... would it be possible for the slipper and auto (like the exp version) clutches to work together or would the auto cancel out the slipper action on a high rpm downshift into a corner?
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote