User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #76
rattis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Talking Read all the words

I live in Sweden and I am in Sweden rightnow, the 990 is in California which is located in the USA a good 12 hrs flying time from Sweden.
Any way the GSA has 25 k miles and NO issuses.
HAving both is like having a nice hausfrau and a freundin( housewife and girlfriend.
One for every mood
I have to confess that I've had a quarter dozen Harleys
The last one was turbocharged though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant666 View Post
How can you even throw a leg over the GSA with the 990 nearby is beyond me. The only thing I miss from the GSA is the fuel range. I had a 2006 and at 20k km thats 12k miles it gave up the ghost because I rode it so hard it couldn't handle it. A valve hit one of the pistons right on the head and went through. Some technician told me he found it in my exhaust! Luckily I had 10 days left before the end of BMW warranty and I got covered in full. However, after 2-3 k miles the final drive started acting up I fixed the damn thing and trade it in with my 2009 then new 990...NEVER LOOKED BACK...guys that (want to) know how to ride would never pick the BMW over the KTM, even on tarmac the KTM feels so lighter that's offensive...FYI I had also a 2005 1200gs before the GSA and wasn't happy either with the built quality. For example panniers would fly if you hit a pothole hard enough...changed about three of them under warranty. Simply unacceptable for a bike that costs 13000 + new ....