Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #121
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,617
I watched the race. Thought is was pretty good. DP only got 32nd.

Damn. I've watched all 3 races this year.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #122
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
rascals

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #123
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
If she was a guy,nobody would have given her a ride.
Yes sir, she is heading in the only direction she can go with her lack of talent.

Dropped another 8 places to 30th overall with her latest finish of 33rd. 6 laps down in a premium ride like that should show even the biggest fools that she isn't good enough to race at this level.

Maybe NASCAR can do something like throw a yellow flag every time she is about to be lapped to keep her on the lead lap.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #124
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I watched the race. Thought is was pretty good.

Looked pretty racy on the highlights shows.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #125
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Yes sir, she is heading in the only direction she can go with her lack of talent.

Dropped another 8 places to 30th overall with her latest finish of 33rd. 6 laps down in a premium ride like that should show even the biggest fools that she isn't good enough to race at this level.

Maybe NASCAR can do something like throw a yellow flag every time she is about to be lapped to keep her on the lead lap.
I caught hell for bad mouthin her!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #126
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,309
When you consider that Sam Hornish is just now consistently contending in the Nationwide Series (been in NASCAR 5 years IIRC, after having spent several unproductive years in Sprint Cup action) it is not surprising that she has struggled. And Sam was a three time IndyCar Series champion.

I hope she does well, and she certainly brings the publicity, as evidenced by us posting about it here. She is definitely a talented driver, just to be able to run a car at those speeds, but she is in excellent equipment and needs perform better than being multiple laps down at the routine tracks.

Still a rookie though, and hopefully she can race to the top of the learning curve.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #127
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Well, she's doing better than her teammate Newman (31st) and her boss Tony is only 18th!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #128
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
When you consider that Sam Hornish is just now consistently contending in the Nationwide Series (been in NASCAR 5 years IIRC, after having spent several unproductive years in Sprint Cup action) it is not surprising that she has struggled. And Sam was a three time IndyCar Series champion.

I hope she does well, and she certainly brings the publicity, as evidenced by us posting about it here. She is definitely a talented driver, just to be able to run a car at those speeds, but she is in excellent equipment and needs perform better than being multiple laps down at the routine tracks.

Still a rookie though, and hopefully she can race to the top of the learning curve.
To pat myself on the back. () I predicted a drop-off after Daytona. She definitely likes that track and in Nationwide she often struggled elsewhere.

I think your post and PeteN95's are common-sense. I doubt she'll ever be great but she's doing OK, all things considered.

What gets lost, perhaps deliberately, in the vitriol aimed at Patrick is two things.

1/ She has accomplished things no other woman has in motor sports. Yes, there were notable, admirable women before her. Nobody says there weren't. But when she took the lead at Indy it was a moment in history. And it wasn't a fluke, she runs well there.

2/ The haters say she gets more publicity than her results demand. To that we must ask: which results? You may be looking at the wrong ones. The media is a business. They will cover things that are of interest to their customers. For six years, fans voted Danica Patrick their most popular driver in Indy Car. Last year, fans voted Danica Patrick their favorite driver in Nationwide.

With results like that, if she didn't get media attention editors would get fired.

If you think Patrick gets too much ink and airtime, blame the tens of thousands of fans who follow her. That standing ovation she got when she took the lead at Daytona last year in Nationwide wasn't a fluke. They like her, they really like her.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #129
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
In other news, Travis Pastrana looked decent Saturday with a 10 tenth place Nationwide finish. It isn't an easy track, even with a Roush car.
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #130
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
In other news, Travis Pastrana looked decent Saturday with a 10 tenth place Nationwide finish. It isn't an easy track, even with a Roush car.
Well you'll never hear that on any NASCAR show.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #131
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,617
Laugh

I thought I heard TP was in one of those cars. Hope he kicks all their asses.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #132
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post

Did you see Sam talking about his own progress on one of those shows? He was saying that he came in with a three year plan for success and has been hard on himself, but that wasn't realistic and he should have had a five year plan before he started beating himself up. Kinda said that after five years he feels competetive and like he knows what he's doing now.

I think they screwed up on Danica's ten races in Cup last year, they should have put her on ten 1.5 mile tracks...master a 1.5 mile track and you're a winner. It's gonna be a tough year, hopefully she doesn't break down and cry in front of the camera.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #133
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I thought I heard TP was in one of those cars. Hope he kicks all their asses.
+1 And it's not just a Roush car, it's the # 60! I think that car has won more NNS races than any other?

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #134
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I think they screwed up on Danica's ten races in Cup last year, they should have put her on ten 1.5 mile tracks...master a 1.5 mile track and you're a winner. It's gonna be a tough year, hopefully she doesn't break down and cry in front of the camera.
I agree. That would have given her the best odds to get used to a particularly common type of track and potentially get a base set up.
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #135
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
It's gonna be a tough year, hopefully she doesn't break down and cry in front of the camera.
With her history of throwing hissy fits I would think it's only a few more bad finishes and we can watch her have a nice break down.....on camera of course